It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zodiac signs changed because of shift!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The field of astrology, which is concerned with horoscopes and the like, felt a major disruption from astronomers, who are concerned with actual stars and planets. The astronomers from the Minnesota Planetarium Society found that because of the moon's gravitational pull on Earth, the alignment of the stars was pushed by about a month.

"When [astrologers] say that the sun is in Pisces, it's really not in Pisces," noted Parke Kunkle, a member of the group's board. Your astrological sign is determined by the position of the sun on the day you were born, so that means everything you thought you knew about your horoscope is wrong.

Source

If this is true then it is pretty significant as far as I am concerned
does anyone know if there is any validity to this article/claim???
if already posted and covered I apologize in advance.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Nah, this is all mass confusion.

There is more than one zodiac. Different cultures have different charts.

The Western cultures and Eastern cultures use separate zodiacs, this is why you see a major difference.

Please review this article which explains roughly why there is such discrepancies.

From CNN.
No, your Zodiac sign hasn't changed.

Another interesting point.

My personality has not changed at all, and I am the same "me" I always have been.

So either this means the zodiac for sure did not change, and or that astrology is meaningless when attempting to describe personalities. Either or.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
From the link above at CNN.

But before astrology fans scrape the ink from their arms because they think they're now a Virgo instead of a Libra, they should consider this: If they adhered to the tropical zodiac - which, if they're a Westerner, they probably did – absolutely nothing has changed for them.

They claim nothing has changed at all. Here is a deeper explanation a little further down.

That's because the tropical zodiac – which is fixed to seasons, and which Western astrology adheres to – differs from the sidereal zodiac – which is fixed to constellations and is followed more in the East, and is the type of zodiac to which the Star Tribune article ultimately refers.

And also, this controversy is nothing new according to these sources.

Two zodiacs. That's nothing new. "This story is born periodically as if someone has discovered some truth. It's not news," said Jeff Jawer, astrologer with Tarot.com.

So don't get that tattoo removed just yet!

Read that entire article it's quite interesting. It says that our "tropical" zodiac is fixed to the equinoxes and therefore does not alter due to axial tilt variations.

Also the sources claim that Ptolemy codified this particular flavor of zodiac in the 2nd century purposely to be based off the seasons, not based on constellations positions.
edit on 14-1-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
news.blogs.cnn.com...

Hope that helps you out a little.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Sweet. Now I can dump my wife and tell her our signs are no longer compatible.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
appreciate the information.

I was more interested in the actual shift then anything else.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

Flag and star

I believe that what you state is what's going on....the sun and Earth's alignment is not what it used to be, and their for constellations are going to be different.

I've talked about this ( in more detail) with family and friends today, and many said that they didn't 'believe' in Zodiac. I explained that the Zodiac sign ( position of the Earth as it aligns with the sun in certain constellations) is real, and not horoscope, which is the 'fortune telling' part that usually comes with it.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Couldn't agree with you more

In my opinion,It is along the lines of the actual shifting that took place,not anything to do with Horoscope.

new topics

top topics

join