It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Price Shocks, Food Shortages And Global Economic Riots In 2011?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

The early warning signs are right there in front of us. This has the potential to start getting very real.

Are you ready? Are you prepared for price shocks? Are you prepared for food shortages? Are you prepared for a global economic meltdown?

Article:endoftheamericandream.com...

If you give this article a full-read,linked articles included,I think this should give you all serious pause for thought. Scroll down and look for the quote and link to Steve Quayle's latest blog post about Mountain House foods. If that short post doesn't alarm you, then not much else will.

The news of the unfolding food crisis in hitting hard and fast by MSM because it can no longer be swept under the rug. It's real,it's here and it's going to get UGLY really fast. If people are willing to fight in the aisles at Wal-Mart over discounted,imported junk,then just wait and see what happens they can't buy food from the local grocers or simple burritos and chips from a gas station.

There's a triple play on the field currently:Strange weather resulting in reduced food production globally,rising petroleum prices and a sickened,dying global financial system. NOT...GOOD...

edit on 14-1-2011 by FlyingJadeDragon because: edit for content

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I refuse to subscribe to fear, period.
"If this doesn't alarm you, nothing will"
Is being alarmed going to make us go out and garden instead of buying at a grocer? If so, alarm away!

That's an informative article, but it is a bit one-sided.

1) While I agree that in 2011 we've already experienced quite a bit of strange weather patterns, that is far too recent to effect our food supplies (yet).

2) Riots and unrest are not at all a new thing, and I don't see that as a sign of this "global food crisis" that is being reported. The reported riots have a lot more to do with the government of the country f***ing up the situation. Algerians are shouting, "Give us sugar!" and throwing firebombs. I'm not saying we should at all ignore people who are in need of food or riots, I believe the opposite. But I wouldn't want to falsely attribute this unrest to not enough food. The world has enough food. If we don't have enough it's because those who let the food in and send it out are not making it happen. Listen to the people, but the change is coming.

3) The UN is reporting highest food prices ever? There's a growing trend that all things we buy as consumers are going up in price. Who do you think benefits from the highest prices ever? Not the world's farmer. Also, I know that prices go way up for me at this time of year, every year. It's winter time for me here in MI, and produce imports cost more when they're out of season. Where does the Forbes fact come from exactly?

This looks like a fear-mongering tactic to me. Make us all afraid of the coming year! We're going to starve! Ahh!!!
No.
No.
No.

I would suggest everyone make a change, however. Start farming whatever you can in your yard, on your roof, wherever. That can help save you money and you can eat fresh food.

I think our global food crisis has so many more factors than just "too much demand" as is suggested in this article.

A) We have the issue of the food that is produced is getting nastier, faker and more artificial and less beneficial by the day.
THAT is a crisis. We're looking at more illness and disease from our food than ever before!

B) We have governments who all are playing their role in the plan to keep the proletariat's at a low ebb of energy. They're going to try and diminish our food supply, so we're weak and we can't fight anyone but eachother. But this cause of simply too high demand is rubbish.

This world is changing fast, but whatever you do, don't fear or panic. Stay calm and see what is happening and change things as they must.

I encourage everyone to practice their farming and self-sufficiency activities. This will promote health, community, and will take much power from those at the top of the pyramid.

Don't be alarmed and afraid whatever we do. It's not the amount of people on Earth making people starve. People have been starving all over the world for as long as we have history of civilized man and economy. This is not a new problem. It is a constant one. It's embedded in our culture, to break free we must agree to change our ways. No more $.50 cent items at Wal-Mart that really ought to cost $3.00. So I can't agree that our increasing population has caused it.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

I have been following this in the news and food prices are on the rise big time. With the weather being what it has been not just here but all over the globe we are going to see outragous prices this summer I believe. Add in what we see with the Mid-East and some people will have problems. I personally dont believe it to be fear mongering by the OP but a call to take a bit of preventative action. I know that I would rather have some food put back and be wrong than blow it off and be hungry. If it does not happen then I guess i'll just have to eat my words. ( Are my extra rice and beans in this case LOL )

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Here's a new video on this very subject:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I guess we will see on/after March 20...That would be D-Day (Dooms-Day,or as i like to think atm: Decision-Day) with the announced Protests in Saudi-Arabia.

That Day will be nerve wracking for many,many People around the World...

new topics

top topics

join