It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fish deaths that's not likely to hit the big news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
...but i thought i would post to add to the many other fish deaths that is happening at the moment, and not very likely to be seen on the big news.

www.southwalesargus.co.uk...

The paper version of this article claims that there was also another 100 fish found last month in the same place also.

I've included the location below:

Goytre Wharf, Abergavenny, South Wales, UK

CJ

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cjdust

I hope there's not any more to come but I've a feeling there will be
i've heard its phosgene gas. The water here has been awful lately, fizzing and cloudy. My housemate's dog won't touch the stuff and he goes through a couple of bowls a day normally.
It began as the snow was thawing (i'm in N.W. England). I also noticed low-lying mist behaving in weird ways during the thaw. Not to mention the shiny particles hanging in the air at the start of the cold snap that made it difficult to breathe normally.

Have you noticed anything like this in your area?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
On the subject of fish deaths ..

FISH FIGHT "Millions of Tonnes of Fresh Fish Dumped because of "quota laws" ( Insanity of the highest )

PLEASE visit this link and put your name to the petition

It only takes 10 seconds

www.fishfight.net...

This affects all countries
edit on 14-1-2011 by Did you see them because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by iamahumandoing

DON'T KNOW THE RELEVANCE BUT USUALLY IF I LEAVE A PINT OF WATER IT TAKES ALL NIGHT TO PRODUCE BUBBLES OF OXYGEN, NOW ITS TAKING LIKE ONLY 10 -20 MINUTES, I'M IN LONDON AND ALSO THE ATMOSPHERE SEEMS WEIRD? LAST NIGHT I HEARD AND FELT A HUGE WHOOSH LIKE A VACUM AND FELT KIND OF WEIGHTLESS?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Well at least they can't keep coming up with the lame explanations they've been doing for the birds, ie. 300 birds had feathers scattered and signs of a trauma so they must have all hit a semi. Their lame excuses are making this a huge conspiracy. And the rheteric and lies should alert us to it being something they won't tell us, therefore most likely rather large on the cataclysmic scale.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I got a little curious and started doing some searches for previous fish deaths and came across this article about 10 miles of a fish die off in east texas in 2009. Their observations were a combination of low oxygen directly related to solar radiation

palestineherald.com...

A good rule of thumb is at oxygen concentrations below 5 milligrams per liter (5 mg/L) many species become stressed, and at concentrations below 3 mg/L most species can die from oxygen deprivation.

These concentrations are also known as the daily mean and minimum dissolved oxygen criteria for high aquatic life use in the Texas Surface Water Quality Standards. Although oxygen levels may stay above the minimum level during the day, it only takes a few minutes below the minimum at night to be fatal to fish.

Cloudy weather in the Fairfield area began on Sept. 10. By the Sept. 12, solar radiation was only a third of the normal for that time of year, and fish began dying before dawn on Sept. 13.

We live in a very complex and balanced world - it seems like there is a delicate balance between solor radiation and oxygen levels that impact certain species of fish before others. I'm now curious to know what the weather and solar activity was on that day in Arkansas.... I'll poke around some more

By the time KAST personnel deployed the datasondes on the afternoon of the Sept. 14 the sun had begun to break through the clouds, and oxygen levels had begun to temporarily climb back above 5 mg/L.

This reprieve was short-lived; cloud cover reduced solar radiation on Sept. 15-17 and oxygen concentrations remained below the minimum level. By Sept. 18 the weather pattern had improved and oxygen production in the north cove remained above the minimum level.

Oxygen production in the south cove lagged several days behind due to its higher phytoplankton level, but by Sept. 20 abundant sunshine was once again allowing phytoplankton to produce high levels of oxygen in both areas. Another short period of cloudy weather from Sept. 22-25 reduced oxygen concentration again but was of short enough duration that no substantial fish kill occurred.

By combining oxygen data from the datasondes with solar radiation data from the weather station, TPWD biologists now had the critical information needed to understand the complex dynamics of the repeated kills at Lake Fairfield.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by iamahumandoing

Nothing like that to be honest bud, although we've had a really bad spell of flu in south wales and all started the same time the snow started to melt
. My little girl got caught up in it and a few trips to hospital and seeing the rest of the kids affected by it was shocking.....bit of a coincidence with the snow melting and the flu suddenly making an appearance? not sure
but it was very nasty case of flu this year definately.

new topics

top topics

join