It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yorkshire Ripper To Remain Locked Up For Life!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
DAMN RIGHT!.............

The Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe has lost his legal challenge against a High Court judge's order that he can never be released.

A High Court judge ruled last year that the serial killer of 13 women must serve a "whole life" tariff.

SKY NEWS LINK

Peter William Sutcliffe (born 2 June 1946) is an English serial killer who was dubbed "The Yorkshire Ripper". In 1981 Sutcliffe was convicted of murdering 13 women and attacking several others. He is currently serving a sentence of life imprisonment in Broadmoor Hospital. After his conviction, Sutcliffe began using his mother's maiden name and became known as Peter William Coonan.

WIKIPEDIA LINK

This guy should rot in prison for the rest of his life like all serial killers and child killers,imagine this happened in the U.S. he would have been given an injection and simply erased from this planet.
What do you guys think,i dont think anybody will argue the fact that he should be released but should we bring back capital punishment,i know this is a touchy subject,should one man decide if another man should live or die, but what if it was your wife/child/mother/sister!
edit on 14/1/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

I disagree on only one point here.
I disagree that he should be locked up for life.

His life should be forfeit and that the 'tax payers' should no longer foot the bill for his keeping.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

don't even use the mind conditioned term 'yorkshire ripper'...the last word insults the women he murdered and the county is irrelevent. please dont't take on sensationalist 'media' nonsense fear phrases -- peace to you

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

I see what your saying the prisons are already packet tight and crippling the tax payer, so are you saying we should bring back capital punishment?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by maxinsurrey

Alright mate i simply copied the headline from sky news and pasted it, sorry!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

respect, ty

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Most definitely!
Eye for an eye to where it can achieve a result.

If a life is taken by another, then the taker forfeits their life. Of course depending on circumstance... Self defense for one.
If someone rapes another, then the raper's life is forfeit once it has been established that this is factual.
If someone steals something, then the thief will lose 3x the value of the item that he/she stole.

We just have to be smarter about our resources.
In a time now where we can almost be precise on our conviction rate.

Of course you would still have those that get framed for these criminal acts. But do you think that person whom was framed would prefer to live out life of torture and possible rape... Or just die and get on with his/her next life?

I know which I would choose.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

WELL SAID!

Please accept my invitation to move to england and run for prime minister!

P.S. i cant pay for flights or accommodation or pretty much give you any help whatsoever,but the offer is there!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
This should be an advert as to why a life sentence is worse than capital punishment thnk how slow and boring his death is going to be

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Any rape fantasists out there, imagine if it happened to your mother, sister, you by a group of men...is it pleasure, being assaulted and violently attacked, please change your mind set...it is evil !!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JDofENGLAND

That is a good point,maybe we should bring back torture aswell
but the cost of him living comes straight out of the taxpayers pocket!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by maxinsurrey

Huh?
I am saying that if a rapist is caught, then his life is forfeit and should be executed.
Not sent to prison where the tax payers pay for his comfortable stay for duration of his/her stay.

Just so that in the end, he/she can get out and do it again ;\

top topics

join