It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Americans Busted for Running Secret Prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Three Americans in Kabul were taken into custody recently by Afghanistan officials for running a secret prison. The prison was inside their home in Kabul, in which they had 8 prisoners. Afghan officials were tipped off when families in the area stated they had missing family members. The three Americans apparently targeted men with long beards and beat them until they admitted they were terrorists.

The men are currently being interrogated by the Afghanistan intelligence agency. US officials have met with the men and have said they are watching their welfare. Afghanistan officials are still looking for the Afghans who aided these men.

Source CNN:

At a news briefing Thursday, State Dept. spokesman Richard Boucher identified all three as American citizens, noting "the U.S. government does not employ or sponsor these men."

Afghanistan citizens are going to be very mad at Americans after hearing this one. Some people take the war on terrorism too far and believe it is right to profile people based on religion, ethnicity, or looks. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if these men were working for the military.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yeah man, this is definitely a crazy little happening. I've been pondering this one all day. My question is, just who the hell allowed these A-holes in there to do what they were doing? I'd have to say Rumsfeld's cretonian bunch at the Office of Special Plans. Sounds like one of their black bags.

prisoners by feet in private jail, officials say
By Stephen Graham, Associated Press, 7/8/2004 11:47

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) Three Americans arrested in Afghanistan were on a self-appointed counterterrorism mission that included abusing eight inmates in a private jail by hanging them by their feet, Afghan officials said Thursday
www.boston.com... abul_hu:.shtml

Excellent analysis on the (Seattle Post Intelligencer) article:
www.weblog.ro...

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Sounds a littble bit like CIA or does anybody belief some Americans just fly to Kabul with the plan to rent some room to beat the crap out of some osama like looking people?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
There's no way those guys could be there without our military knowing about it. You can bet it's OSP-Rumsfeld santioned black op.

Rumsfeld and his crew are truly twisted.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I like that last article EastCoastKid. I didn't realize how involved those guys were with the "war on terror" and with the US. The guy probably got some sort of deal after he started getting involved in Afghanistan.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Yeah. He sounds like a straight provacateur. Someone should start a research thread on that guy from the sounds of it. And on all those "private contractors" running around killing and torturing, and above the laws of all lands.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
There's no way those guys could be there without our military knowing about it. You can bet it's OSP-Rumsfeld santioned black op.

Rumsfeld and his crew are truly twisted.

Right! It couldn't possibly be some mercs hired by a family member of 9/11 or a hostage killed, taking matters into their own hands. No, it couldn't possible be something like that. It must be a black bag op going down where they just kept them in an apartment like amatures and then got "busted" to make it look like the military didn't know.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Z,

Take a closer look. It's a lot murkier than what you suggest. He's connected to the "terra" machine a/k/a Rumsfeld and his Office of Special Plans.

b/t/w,
Love your avatar.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I'd advise you to read EastCoastKid's links on these guys. They've been over there helping the US Gov in the "war on terror" for awhile now. These weren't just some random guys who decided to go to Afghanistan to start a prison camp. THey've been in Afghanistan for awhile doing certain "things"...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I'm with Z on this one - why is it that EVERYTHING is Bush/Chan/Rumsfelds fault? Eer think maybe these guys just decided - gasp - on there own to fight fire with fire? Maybe they were sick of seeing the same being done to Americans and decided to give a little love back to the middle east community.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm guessing CIA or mercenaries. Of course the government is going to deny employing them.

Get caught and your on your own...

[edit on 9-7-2004 by ms_Bhavn]

top topics

join