It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do lawers become political leaders?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Just curious about that question because I find alot of lawers are trained to make their case and try and persuade others to think along the same lines of them.

And when this happens it's like a defense vs prosecution each team is trying to make their point and we seem to be the jury.

I don't really appreciate these people using me as a pawn for their own politican and monetary gain, in fact i'm insulted and discusted that these people try and brainwash me into thinking like them when in actuality I should be thinking like me, having my own political thoughts without them intruding and trying to tred on my brain.

edit grammer

[edit on 9-7-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I consider the foundation of the Constitution as laid on this ground that 'all powers not delegated to the United States, by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states or to the people.

' To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress, is to take possession of a boundless field of power, not longer susceptible of any definition.
Thomas Jefferson

--------Comment------------

Are political leaders who become elected as president sworn in to uphold the supreme law of the land?? Are they not taking steps beyond the boundaries laid out by our founding fathers??

People I see taking those steps outside the boundaries or at least trying to step outside the boundaries:

Hillary R Clinton
George W Bush
Bill Clinton
Tom Dachle
John Kerry
John Edwards
Rev Jesse Jackson
The other rev both of whom I wouldn't even call a rev.. They stand for all things the lord doesn't... Definitely a tax write off for them.
Ted Kennedy

Why are we voting these people in when they are totally polarized from what our foundation was built off of: "power resides within the people" Not the government...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Lawyer, legeslative....a fit.
Higher office is a natural progression of gov. or Congresional seats; knowing how to work within the system.
It's a romantic thought - the shirt sleeve firebrand bringing base populism to the Capitol steps, but it's not realistic.
Everyone has to know the laws of the land as the are the yardsticks & parameters of governance.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I believe you left a couple off of your list:

Dick Cheney
Tom Delay
Rick Santorum
Bill Frist-I actually voted for this "Dr" the first time thinking he may be a halfway decent guy since he had never been in politics before, and was a surgeon that understood the problems with the health care system. Then the company his family founded and are majority stock owners in-HCA had to settle out of court for over $750,000,000 for defrauding Medicare. The Republicans wanted him to rewrite the Medicare program. Talking about letting the fox loose in the chickenhouse!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Its because lawyers are agents for the corporation that is the United States government. You can look up the United States Code and find out that the legal name for our government is a corporation. We are employees of this corporation and help make it money. Lawyers know the inner-workings and policy of this corporation and that is why they are best able to become politicians. THat is also why we consider politicians dirty. They are concerned about the government first and the people next.

A part of the lawyer's code is that his first obligation is to the court and then to their client. That is the same rationale for the US Corporation.

If you want more information on how to break out of this loop, look up the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) or Sovereign Citizenship.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

If you want more information on how to break out of this loop, look up the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) or Sovereign Citizenship.

I've already looked into it but how valid is that exactly?? I'm not so sure it's as easy as it sounds...

The only thing thats made sense to me so far is to either check out and go under ground or to skip town and become an expat...

Either way you gotta have lot's of money for that and make sure that you don't get busted taking it wherever you go if you leave the country..

I own the book "how to hide your profits and disappear without a trace" written by an government employee who worked for cinfin...
Again I have to question the authenticity of the novel but it makes for an interesting read.

also there is a magazine I subscribe to called www.escapeartist.com

Back on subject.............

I have absolutely no respect for these "lawers" who run the show currently, and I also have no respect for the people that vote them in, however I do feel pathos towards them since they know not what they do......

I understand that our founding fathers came from a different time then us however I believe their foundation and basic beliefs still stand to this day, and I really strongly believe if there are enough people to believe in that hopefully we can get things restored to how they used to be.

You give these lawers an inch they'll take a mile, and i doubt they'd stop there. These people don't give a # about us, if they anything they'd rather # on us, and they've been doing it for years.

And i'm sorry I forgot to add those aholes to the list, thank you for making that clear, they too are indeed aholes..

A government that fears the people is called a democracy, a people that fear their government is called tyranny.......jefferson

I do fear this government, not only do they keep us ill informed but they have the power to tax us to death, take our homes if we don't pay taxes, take our land, take take take... And we have no say in it.....So we put up and shut up our of fear...
I'm sorry but that maybe an extreme case but thats how it works...

Why is this right? I know lawers don't care about people, they care about money, thats it..
People that want into politics these days just want money, once your elected your on the gravy train man...

Kerry gets a double wammy with that one marrying heinz and being a senator and possibly president, god please no, I really hope that doesn't happen.

I don't want bush and co, I don't want Kerry co, I want a government that belongs to the people.

People, we may not agree on everything but for us to actually come together and agree on these points would be a step in the right direction, I really can't stand it anymore, I can't watch the news without thinking what kind of bs their trying to pump into my head, I can't stand to watch the prez and could be prez slap their buddies ass and pretend they care...

We're living ficticious lives under a government that wants us to believe that all is rosey...

Lawers do such a good job of hiding the truth in their defense cases, and we all know it, so why why why do we have to keep voting them in??
Their full of # and we know it...
Pleeeease for the love of all things sacred let's get em out of there!
And yes it is possible.

I'm TrueLies and I approve this message"

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Personally, I do see the obvious reasons previously mentioned (legislating/law, etc.) but I have always thought until we put this country in the hands of responsible Accountants and Small Business people, we are doomed. It just seemed that we would get more if we run this country like a business.

But now, after the past few years of Enron and all that followed, guess that wouldn't be such an enticing propsect either. Don't know what the answer is at this point.

As for the laywers, the majority of people (outside of ATS:lol
are just too darned impressed with them to get over it. Let's face it, I would vote for the fiscal responsibility of a successful stay at home mom who isn't going under any day than a laywer, but well, who else would?

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Because they are good at lying

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I've already looked into it but how valid is that exactly?? I'm not so sure it's as easy as it sounds...

The only thing thats made sense to me so far is to either check out and go under ground or to skip town and become an expat...

The only drawback is that you will no longer have a credit report. If you need credit, you have to get a statement from previous lenders stating you are a good customer.

Also, if you want to take it the entire way and skip out of paying taxes, you have to opt out of Social Security and stop getting mail delivered to your house, instead you would have to pick it up all the time. Those two activites tie you as a citizen of the US Gov Corporation.

The government is run as a business because it technically is a business, its a corporation to be exact. But there is no reason you have to go underground or flee the country.

The whole point is to become a sovereign citizen of the state in which you reside. You denounce your affiliation with the US Corp Gov and instead become part of the organization that existed prior to the Civil War. CHeck out 14th amendment and Reconstruction acts.

This is different than expatriation because you repatriate yourself to what the gov originally stood for. I'd recommend the book Cracking the Code, Volume 3 to get a better understanding...There are also a lot of sites on the internet.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Very interesting Jahmun,

I'll check that out, and since i'm going through immigration right now (was from ontario) i'm not in MI, I'm half way done the citizenship thing,
I don't think i'll opt in for a s.s.n I had one in canada and I know why they use it.

Also the social security thing, I don't think i'm interested in letting the gov tell me how much money I can have when it's my own #ing money...

I think i'll just take that upon myself since it is my own money...

if you have any good links feel free to post as i'd like to read more about it.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Very interesting Jahmun,

I'll check that out, and since i'm going through immigration right now (was from ontario) i'm not in MI, I'm half way done the citizenship thing,
I don't think i'll opt in for a s.s.n I had one in canada and I know why they use it.

Also the social security thing, I don't think i'm interested in letting the gov tell me how much money I can have when it's my own #ing money...

I think i'll just take that upon myself since it is my own money...

if you have any good links feel free to post as i'd like to read more about it.

Excuse me???? Am I reading this right?

Are you saying you choose to come to this Country for some reason but choose not to participate in the system?

Hey, I am not happy about everything the gov't takes and what they do with it, but I do pay my share as it is part of the responsibility of each of us.

ANYONE who doesn't is costing ME more than my fair share. By the way, your opportunities for employment are limited without a SSN, in case you haven't figured that out yet.

new topics

top topics

join