It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubble telescope zeroes in on green blob in space giving BIRTH to stars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
When i read this i Somewhat had to do a double take.

The Hubble Space Telescope got its first peek at a mysterious giant green blob in outer space and found that it's strangely alive. The bizarre glowing blob is giving birth to new stars, some only a couple million years old, in remote areas of the universe where stars don't normally form.

news.yahoo.com...

Quite an amazing find

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
its god

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Ah, at first glance, when I read "it's strangely alive", I got my hopes up thinking it was like the blob or some weird goo that travels through the cold vacuum of space. Still, it's cool that in a few years it changed from having a blue appearance to a green one. Just imagine if we had the technology (At least to public access
) to travel wherever we wanted in the universe, and we could go see these types of things first hand.
edit on 12-1-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
its a turn on

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
So is this the green blob from the black hole?
Didn't The Agency mention something about green clouds a few months ago?

An eerie green cloud lurking around a nearby galaxy has puzzled scientists since it was discovered last year. New observations reveal that the cloud's ghoulish appearance may have to do with radiation streaming from a black hole inside the galaxy.

The cloud itself is devoid of stars, so astronomers were unsure what was generating the green glow. Some suggested that radiation from a massive black hole in the center of the galaxy (called a quasar) could be the culprit, but until now no such black hole radiation had been visible.

www.space.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
There was another thread on this a day or two ago.

Thread One.

Another one.

new topics

top topics

join