It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for architects and engineers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Anything is possible. The Oklahoma city bombing didnt collaps and it lost most of its internal strength? The topic is SO SUSPECT ME LITTLE FINGAS ARE STICKING TO THE KEYS AS WE TYPE. Thing is your heart tells you something and if true then what? PRAY!
Take care
edit on 1/13/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

C'mon guy , how many times are you going to repeat this fallacy before you realize that people are just not buying it ?

Your assertion has been proven wrong numerous times , in numerous ways .

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-1-2011 by okbmd because: eta

edit on 13-1-2011 by okbmd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
How was that proven wrong? By whom?

Originally posted by brindle
The only modern high rises to collapse from fire were the ones in new york.The only black boxes from airplanes that were never recovered were from the events of 2001.It is pretty clear .

Which ones were not found? I suppose they found at least the one from the pentagon.
edit on 13-1-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666Which ones were not found? I suppose they found at least the one from the pentagon.

The Pentagon reminded me of a story I heard about April Gallup.. interesting read:

EDIT: Google Vid of April

Google Video Link

edit on 13-1-2011 by igigi because: .

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
C'mon guy , how many times are you going to repeat this fallacy before you realize that people are just not buying it ?

Hmmm you may not be buying it, but I really don't give a damn what you think.

You'd love me to shut up about it wouldn't you, guy?

I'll repeat it again here, and every time I need to, thanx...

The whole point of controlled implosion demolition is to land the majority of the building in its footprint. This is done by forcing the outer walls to fall inwards by dropping the middle of the building first. Unless that is done the outer walls will fall to the path of least resistance, outwards as the rest of the building falls behind and over them.

Sometimes, though, a building is surrounded by structures that must be preserved. In this case, the blasters proceed with a true implosion, demolishing the building so that it collapses straight down into its own footprint (the total area at the base of the building). This feat requires such skill that only a handful of demolition companies in the world will attempt it.

Blasters approach each project a little differently, but the basic idea is to think of the building as a collection of separate towers. The blasters set the explosives so that each "tower" falls toward the center of the building, in roughly the same way that they would set the explosives to topple a single structure to the side. When the explosives are detonated in the right order, the toppling towers crash against each other, and all of the rubble collects at the center of the building. Another option is to detonate the columns at the center of the building before the other columns so that the building's sides fall inward.

science.howstuffworks.com...

WTC shows all the characteristics needed, the 'penthouse kink', the one wall we see in that vid falling west into the center of the building.

There is no other way that the outer walls can be on top of the rest of the demolished building. If you know a way you should contact Demolition.Inc for a job.
edit on 1/14/2011 by ANOK because: typo

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
What I want to know is if modern high rise steele frame buildings need to be constructed in a way, that they do not collapse even if all the combustible material inside those buildings burns up.

Yes, it's simple really.

Fireproofing.

This is usually done with concrete. Sometimes with a SFRM like what was installed in the towers when they were built.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join