It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mcDonald's hit with French fry lawsuit

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I see a lot of blaming of the people who actually do the sueing in these frivolous cases but what I always think when I read one of these is "What about the freaking senile-antique judges who ALLOW these cases to be heard in the FIRST place ?????"

Some of the judges that allow this stuff, and some of the things these judges award, and the judgements they make leave me seriously wondering about their mental competency.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
"McDonald's pledged in September 2002 to switch to a lower-fat oil by February 2003."

www.usatoday.com...

Nothing to do with being fat. It looks more like someone found a technicality they could use to try and make a little money. Also to make McD's do what they said they were going to do. I think if I were the judge I'd toss it out, but see that the FDA got involved and made them back up their promise to reduce the trans fat. If they say they're going to do something, they should do it and not leave themselves open to this very kind of nonsense.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I had a HUGE soda, a bag of M&Ms, pretzels with cheese and 2 hot dogs at the movies last night. I think I may have gained weight from their food. Who should I sue Loews theatres or Hollywood - cause if they never made Shrek 2 I would not have gained this weight? Its not like I eat all this junk when I am at home watching TV?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by torque
"McDonald's pledged in September 2002 to switch to a lower-fat oil by February 2003."

www.usatoday.com...

Nothing to do with being fat. It looks more like someone found a technicality they could use to try and make a little money. Also to make McD's do what they said they were going to do. I think if I were the judge I'd toss it out, but see that the FDA got involved and made them back up their promise to reduce the trans fat. If they say they're going to do something, they should do it and not leave themselves open to this very kind of nonsense.

This is EXACTLY what I am trying to say. To understand these cases you have to get to the source, not take the tabloid spin for the facts.

-koji K.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join