It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mcDonald's hit with French fry lawsuit

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
McDonalds is being sued by a California woman who is bringing suit against the corporation for failing to reduce fat in the cooking oil they use to cook french fries and other foods.
I don't know why this kind of thing is not thrown out of court! She is not forced to eat at McDonalds what a waste of court time, though she could win, make millions and laugh all the way to the bank.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Oh man, why did ya have to go and post this up????
This kind of thing makes me fume at the idiocy of some people, and the parts of the system that cater to them.

Great, now I'm going to be mad the rest of the day!

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I hate lawsuits like this as you said no one force her to eat a mcdonalds she did that of her own free will. Is it so hard to cook for your self. If she wins millions it does not hurt Mcdonalds the can just pass the money they lose right back too the consumer and raise prices as the Tobacco companies did. Although I doubt anything short of billions would force them to do any such things but these stupid cases can add up. These cases just tie up the court systems

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
How would you like to be the judge in some of these cases, they probably hate the fact that thier time is wasted so blatently-no wonder Lawyers are not the most popular people in the world.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This is the biggest load of crap. I honestly HATE these friggin people and their foolish cases. Why do they feel the need to do this? No one forces them to eat at McDonalds, they do it of their own free will. If you don't like the oil DONT FRIGGIN EAT THERE!!! How hard is that to understand?

God this just pisses me off to no end. I don't understand some people. If I was a judge I'd bitch slap the case out of my courtroom and laugh at the damned fool woman.

[edit on 9-7-2004 by Faisca]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
They are in it for the money and unfortunatly they win a lot of the time!

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
But I thought that french fries now ranked as a fresh fruit and vegetable. We all know that fresh fruit and vegetables are good for us, right???
still don't get that one....only way it could be a fresh vegetable is if it were cut from a fresh potato and fried up....most of the french fries now days are frozen...thus they aren't fresh anything!
Guess it depends on weather they desire to worry about our health..(usually connected to them worrying about paying for the healthcare of the population), or catering to the farmers....maybe??

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hey, (insert derogatory name here), eat at Burger King! BWHAHAHAHA

People like that need a swift kick to the forehead.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
She would then sue Burger King for putting too many sesame seeds on their rolls or the salt content in the pickels.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This site basically sums up this equation...
www.darwinawards.com...

This gets even better...
WARNING. Some are a bit well, strange.
www.darwinawards.com...
Just choose carefully, lol
Sanc'.

[edit on 9-7-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

How would you like to be the judge in some of these cases, they probably hate the fact that thier time is wasted so blatently-no wonder Lawyers are not the most popular people in the world.

If I was the judge, I'd sit up there, eating a large order of McDonalds fries during the whole case and watch the fat b*tch drool...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
ok she's suing mcdonalds because they didnt lower the fat in the oil they cook their fries in? first off its NOT oil, its shortening, plain and simple. it comes in 50 pound blocks in cardboard boxes. i use to work for burgerking(third shift clean up) many moons ago and i knew a guy that worked at mcdonalds and the things they use to cook their food are dead on similar.

secondly the only way to reduce the fact in the "oil" is to use less oil or bake the fries! all oils are fatty and their fat content is pretty much the same. third what in the hell does one except from a product that is cooked in fat???

now i commend mcdonalds for doing away with their super size portions but come on, if you want healthier fries then make them yourself.

this just smacks of the same BS attitude and mindset the old lady used to sue mcdonald for putting a cup of their coffee (do we need to tell people coffee is hot? they since put a warning on each cup stating that coffee is hot, think i'm kidding? order a cup of coffee and see for yourself.) without the lid in her lap and then drove off like a complete retard.

if some people are this stupid...how is it they manage to survive into adulthood? if there is a god he must love morons because there seems to be a bunch of them around. i guess its the same thing when drunk drivers plow into a bus full of kids, the bus explodes in a fireball and the drunk driver barely gets a scratch, god loves drunk drivers.

god is using this world as a cruel joke on the rest of us. this isnt earth, this is hell!

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm so underweight that the last doctor I went to yelled at me about it....can I sue the idiots for making me so worried about getting fat that I am starving myself. It's not the truth, but what the heck that one order of french fries bought at mcdonalds ain't gonna make anyone fat either.
hey, what about us, the underweights in the world....don't we have a right to get fat!!

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I would think Kerry would realize how much most people hate these type of lawsuits and the lawyers that help them along. So why in the world would he choose John Edwards as his running mate?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The sad thing is that alot of these frivolous lawsuits get settled before they go to trial to avoid publicity and to keep costs down. That only encourages more of the same. All types of suits, the medical malpractice are off the charts, should be screened. It would be tough to develop a system that can't be abused. Even in a loser pays system, legitimate plaintifs would be threatened with the cost by defending attorneys.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I read an article about some athletes in training at the Olympics and one guy only ate McDonald's. He said he burned so many calories a day that it didn't even affect his weight (sure it could affect his health though). In other words, you're not fat because you eat McDonalds, you're fat because you eat and don't excercise.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I really wish we could throw these bastards to the lions.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I personally believe this case is going to be thrown out of court, if not, then mcdonalds will win. The reason I believe this is going to happen, is that fact that mcdonalds has won a fair amount of cases, most recently, the case in which a mother sues mcdonalds for making her children fat. After the case, the cheesburger bill was passed, which in turn, made it the consumers fault rather than mcdonalds. I believe this bill and case will play a big part in the final verdict of this french fry case.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The real kicker is that some stupid judge could decide she's right. I despair at the decisions judges make, especially in california.

A company which sends out billions of spam emails recently sued an anti-spam software company. A californian judge decided that spam emails are a legitimate form of advertising, and that stopping them from sending these emails was a breach of thier rights. So, the spam email company sued (succesfully) a company which produces spam blocking software. How can the world progress if this sort of stupidity is allowed to continue.

Also, californian HDD's are not allowed to be labeled master/slave. Now, that is just stupid. I'm not racist in any way, but there comes a point where you are just being pointless. This makes my blood boil.

If she wins this case, then I give up on humanity completely.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that McDonalds isn't the healthiest choice. It's fast food for Gods' sake. People really need to start taking responsibility for their own fat asses and lay off the lawsuits.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join