It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loughner Pulled Over on the Morning of Massacre; Police Visited Home Multiple Times

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
This isn't the police's fault.

The guy is obviously a paranoid schizo.

If blame is to be placed, it should be placed squarely on the family for not getting him the medical attention he obviously needed.

It sounds like his father was a publicly angry man, which leads me to believe he may have been abusive - which would also explain why the family never took him in for mental treatment. They might have been afraid that he may have brought up the parents abusive behavior in counseling.

edit on 12-1-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

So it's your keen diagnosis that this kid was a paranoid schizophrenic? Forgive me if I'm skeptical of your internet psychology diagnoses, I'm just not familiar with the practice of psychoanalyzing people by reading some BBS posts and watching some videos that this kid may or may not have had anything at all to do with. Even if he did have something to do with the videos that's not proof he shot a bunch of people. Were there no cameras following a congressional representative and a federal judge around? Why are there no videos showing this event? Why does the 911 call suggest the shooter had already fled the scene by the time police were called? The police that arrested him, they all have cameras in their cars, where is the recording that many if not all of the cameras in those cars would have certainly recorded? That's second nature to a cop, point your car at the action so the camera can witness it. Where are these videos of his arrest? You're basing your verdict AND your psychological diagnosis on some hearsay and some random spew of words on the internet that he may not have even authored? Come on, get a grip.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PlautusSatire

Woah, woah, woah! Slow down there tiger. This is a discussion board where people share their opinions and insights. If people were only allowed to post personal eye witness, chain-of-evidence quality information, this place would be a ghost town.

Whether or not this Jared Lee Loughner actually committed the crime or not, he's certainly been arrested and charged with it. While true he's "innocent" until proven "guilty", we aren't discussing that.

What the OP is discussing/giving opinion on is the apparent hypocrisy of the Sheriff (?) who blamed national political rhetoric in general as the primary cause of the crime, BEFORE he even knew all the facts of the case.

So if you are going to jump all over someone for saying "unsubstantiated" hearsay, it should be the Sheriff down there, not an ATS poster.

edit on 12-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I do not think blame can be assigned. Even if the police pulled him over, unless he is committing a crime there is nothing to hold him or suspect him of. Although had they searched him and his belongings they may of discovered a gun.
the real question is, Why has this type of thing not happened more often. The people are getting incredibly tired with the criminal behavior of government, allegedly, the murder of innocent people, allegedly and the growing financial mess the bankers are leaving the public in. I am surprised this type of thing is not common place in the US. I do not condone it one bit but I do see why people would stoop to this level of action.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by Tgautier13

My comment you quoted was just a general observation as to what has been coming from the side of those who are defending Palin. They can't say she can't be blamed because its all his fault and his alone and then turn around and find someone else to blame.

No one is defending Palin in this thread, nor are they chastising her. Perhaps you/we are too comfortable at this point with the political rhetoric being spewed from all angles regarding this subject and are unable to separate the issues.

I see what you're saying about his psychological health being questionable, but no one can force psychological help on anyone. We don't really know if his family was trying to get him help, but we do know that none of their descriptions of his behavior describe someone who was close to committing a mass murder/assassination attempt--he simply sounded a bit like some of us here on ATS--distrusting of the government though he did sound more irrational than most of us.

Many people who knew Loughner personally have attested to the fact that he had apparent psychological disorders, including those who were in a position to get him help. And yes, you can force psychological help on a person in 37 states including Arizona. It is called involuntary psychiatric hold or better known as '5150'.

I suppose I mostly have a problem with the fact that you stated the Sheriff's dept was trying to cover his tracks. There really is nothing to cover-up here
edit on 12-1-2011 by nunya13 because: rephrase last statement

I'm not stating my opinion, I'm just sourcing facts.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I was at first dumbfounded by the political rhetoric that had no linking whatsoever to what I intended to be discussed in this thread, however I have realized I should have perhaps known this was coming and should have prepared for it. I was mostly struck by the multiple users bringing up Sarah Palin and how they tried to connect her with my OP. Perhaps people are just incapable of separating the political rhetoric from the actual subject matter at hand at this point? I mean it just seems nonsensical to me to go from "there was negligence on the part of the Police Department and School Board" to "quit trying to blame Sarah Palin!". Oh well, such is the though patterns of some of us on ATS these days I guess...

reply to post by harrytuttle

Don't feed the trolls.
Take note of the user's join date, post count, and threads he has posted in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join