It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How bad does ATS hurt or help the world ?!?!?!?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Just an intriguing thought. Many if not MOST of ATS's occasional users come on and post random posts about things they have heard thier co-workers, families, or friends talking about. Basically they don't want to feel like the only one that thinks against thier friends or coworkers idealogies. So they come on here and vent and then go about the rest of thier day. I wonder how many people do this ... and if they ever were to speak up in thier real world. Where thier opinions on subjets could actually change others minds on heated conversations/subjects ?? About 10 years ago .. underneath another ALIAS I can say I was among those that did that. However since then I have begin to raise a family and grown up a bit and I am a bit more profound and opinionated in my openess to other people.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Deus_Brandon

I think it helps....

People rarely like to see the ugliness of the world. Instead many would like to bury their faces in TV shows [Dancing with the Stars
] and avoid hard hitting topics.

However since then I have begin to raise a family and grown up a bit and I am a bit more profound and opinionated in my openess to other people.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I go on ATS to spread the truth.

Most people don't know what goes on in the world. They have an idea why everything is the way it is, but really have no idea about what really goes on in the world.

Its just cause they were brainwashed in school and don't think for themselves. They haven't done the research that I have on history. School history does not count.

Anyways, I don't come on ATS to vent. Just to try to spread the truth about somethings, not everything, its to much information.

It is true people come on here to vent, its just cause they don't know what else to do.

And talking to people about some of the things here on ATS in public has people looking at you like your crazy.

I know cause my family has given me those looks, so I don't talk about much of this stuff cause people are still asleep and not ready to wake up.

The Matrix is a perfect analogy of the money system. Some people just shouldn't be woken up.

edit on 12-1-2011 by Quickfix because: (no reason given)

And to answer if ATS helps the world, well I would think so. It brings up topics not usually talked about and controversy to said topics. Which is always good, cause it touches base on different points of view that people wouldn't normally think about.

Not to mention the News on this website is blazing fast, much faster then any other MainStreamMedia that is for sure.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I don't think it helps or hurts anything.
It's just a message board.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Well the motto is deny ignorance, but as in the real world, many people are ignorant. Other people are ignorant of their ignorance, this can't be helped. I mean come on; the masses must really be ignorant if they allowed someone like Sarah Palin to get that far into goverment the United States. Again, maybe that's me just being ignorant of something.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
ATS is not a live being, therefore it is incapable of causing hurt, pain, or any other emotion. ATS, like all inanimate objects, requires human participation to be or become anything.

So the question you should really ask is:
How much do the people of ATS hurt or help the world?

That question, like any other that pertains to the human race, varies depending on the particular person that is participating. Some people on this site do go overboard. Some purposefully try and antagonize those with different beliefs and stop at nothing until the situation is red hot and out of control [or they get banned....whichever happens first]. Then there are those that try always to remember common courtesy, are aware of others opinions and feelings, and act accordingly. Again, it boils down to who you are as a person and not what site you are on. I guarantee that someone that acts childish and disrespectful on this site, does so in real life, and on other sites, as well. The argument can be made that the Internet allows for exaggerated reaction/emotion, but that would still require the reaction/emotion to exist within a person first.

However, just as in everyday life, the majority of people, on ATS and everywhere, are all good people with good intentions: finding/creating a better life for themselves, their neighbors, their friends, and their families.

Perhaps to some this is merely a case of semantics, but to me it is the very ground we seem to be losing sight of. Not to mention that this is merely yet another layer to the ultimate question of "What/who is to blame for our current lot in life."

People everywhere, in light of the Tucson tragedy, are seemingly beginning to forget that violence is not a result of available weaponry but rather a desire to create or cause violence in the first place. This correlates to your question regarding ATS in my opinion. It is not ATS that incites violence. Nor is it ATS that can save the world. Only people can do either.

If ATS didn't exist, those that wished to create chaos and anger would do so via an alternative method.

Now, as far as the people that own ATS and the moderators, administrators, etc. I believe that they do all they can to reign in the crazies, the ones that are here just to stir the pot, the members and posters that don't necessarily have good intentions, etc. ATS at least tries....which is more than I can say for a lot of other sites.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I would have to say there has got to be a level of neutrality. You can drive yourself mad with all the chaos in the world. You can shake your fists at all of the unjustness and all the sleepwalkers, but I can say this, many are far more open to topics of a grandeur, they never dared to speak before. Many have awoken but are scared and trembling. Some have been forced to see the glitches, while others have been awakened to the nightmare long ago. Sometimes ignorance is bliss but becoming more difficult to swallow. I admit some are still completely clueless and I feel sorrow for them but if I even slightly spit my thoughts, I will lose my esteemed regard. I feel that ATS is a little of both. I, too, have started a family and Fear what will become of my children in their days. I doubt they will see a beautiful world that you or I do. I wonder what will be left of it for them and if I was selfish in having them. My friends tell me, I will drive myself mad at thoughts that consume my soul. Everyone asks well what can I do? And I haven’t the answer because I am quite scared myself. So if I come here and I read more, yes I arm myself with more ammunition but what can I do with it other than let it swarm in my brain until it eats away at the fibers that make me, me. I guess just be ready for anything and use the tools available to you so that you may learn what one may do in a certain outcome. Arm yourself with knowledge now before it is too late I guess.

new topics

top topics

join