It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation is able to change the genes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light

It is propaganda, I didn't put words in your mouth. You have no proof.

Proof

Propaganda
edit on 12-1-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Ok I admit I haven't dug too far into this one yet, but from the looks of it, I don't think many of you actually know what you are talking about exactly.

The Genes? You mean our DNA? Deoxyribonucleic acid?

If you could "change your dna code" by "meditating" than you could
1) Grow 10 feet taller.
2) Grow 8 arms.
3) Form a exoskeleton.
4) Grow new eyes in places you may need them.
Etc etc etc.
The sky's the limit!

Now, I don't see anything like this happening.

If any capability like this exists, what you MIGHT mean is that you are activating or deactivating already existing traits within the code.

Nothing is changed though, other than an on off switch.

However, I am even highly skeptical of this claim as well.
Perhaps it is true, but I seriously doubt anyone understands it at all yet.

I sure as heck don't believe anyone here (including myself) have a clue how it actually works if it even works at all.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Universal Light
reply to post by unityemissions

I do have proof. But you can't prove things when they come from outside of this existence. People need to stop looking for proof by third density measurements. This matrix is binding in relation to Infinity,

I would appreciate you not putting words in my mouth. I am not here to push propaganda.

Ever read the story about Carl Sagan and the Dragon in his Garage?

No? Ahhh you gotta check it out!
link to the garage with dragon in it!

"A fire-breathing dragon lives in my garage"

"Show me," you say. I lead you to my garage. You look inside and see a ladder, empty paint cans, an old tricycle--but no dragon. "Where's the dragon?" you ask. "Oh, she's right here," I reply, waving vaguely. "I neglected to mention that she's an invisible dragon." You propose spreading flour on the floor of the garage to capture the dragon's footprints. "Good idea," I say, "but this dragon floates in the air."

OH it gets better just keep reading! Hehehe

Then you'll use an infrared sensor to detect the invisible fire. "Good idea, but the invisible fire is also heatless." You'll spray-paint the dragon and make her visible. "Good idea, but she's an incorporeal dragon and the paint won't stick." And so on. I counter every physical test you propose with a special explanation of why it won't work.Now, what's the difference between an invisible, incorporeal, floating dragon who spits heatless fire and no dragon at all?

Yeah what is the difference between something undetectable and something that doesn't exist?
Hmmmmmmm.....get your philosophy hats on!

Go check the link for the full story. It's well worth a read. Carl Sagan had a dragon in his garage! It's pretty freaking amazing, I wonder where he caught it at???

edit on 12-1-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Maybe it's just me, but what I took away from that article is that Carl Sagan is actually making an extended metaphor between religious deities and an invisible, undetectable dragon. No physical evidence for it, but you still believe in it. There is nothing mentally wrong with you, but you still believe in it.

Or maybe I'm just such a religious basher that I'm always subconsciously in that mind-state.

And how does that apply to this, because weren't there several studies done to provide physical evidence for the hypothesis that meditation alters the genes?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

....I'm interested to see sources of these peer-reviewed studies which show....

.....It would be nice if you could indicate these are your belief.....

hold on there. i let your epigenetics comment slide on the last page because ATS is not the place to be shoving dogmas around. but then you go and get up into other people.

so. i am just gonna go ahead and let you know that you have spun "epigenetics" into something that is not supported in any peer-reviewed research. dont get me wrong: i very much enjoy the meaning that you are trying to get at with your usage.

but it seems that you are not exactly in the position to be policing other's frame of reference.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

I have no clue what you're talking about. What is described is epigenetics. It is turning on and off of genes. No genes are changed. Read the article.

There is no need to put epigenetics in parenthesis. It's a real scientific term backed by a lot of peer reviewed studies.

In biology, and specifically genetics, epigenetics is the study of inherited changes in phenotype (appearance) or gene expression caused by mechanisms other than changes in the underlying DNA sequence, hence the name epi- (Greek: επί- over, above) -genetics. These changes may remain through cell divisions for the remainder of the cell's life and may also last for multiple generations. However, there is no change in the underlying DNA sequence of the organism;[1] instead, non-genetic factors cause the organism's genes to behave (or "express themselves") differently.
Epigenetics

Cells of a multicellular organism are genetically homogeneous but structurally and functionally heterogeneous owing to the differential expression of genes. Many of these differences in gene expression arise during development and are subsequently retained through mitosis. Stable alterations of this kind are said to be 'epigenetic', because they are heritable in the short term but do not involve mutations of the DNA itself. Research over the past few years has focused on two molecular mechanisms that mediate epigenetic phenomena: DNA methylation and histone modifications. Here, we review advances in the understanding of the mechanism and role of DNA methylation in biological processes. Epigenetic effects by means of DNA methylation have an important role in development but can also arise stochastically as animals age. Identification of proteins that mediate these effects has provided insight into this complex process and diseases that occur when it is perturbed. External influences on epigenetic processes are seen in the effects of diet on long-term diseases such as cancer. Thus, epigenetic mechanisms seem to allow an organism to respond to the environment through changes in gene expression. The extent to which environmental effects can provoke epigenetic responses represents an exciting area of future research.
Epigenetic Regulation and Expression

To think that we can actually change our genetic structure through meditation is absurd.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t
reply to post by laffoe

174 - 258 - 369 - 417 - 528 - 639 - 714 - 852 - 963

You typed few of them wrong... 258 is 285, 369 is 396, and 714 is actually 741 (This last is my favorite.
).

I also used these ones to heal myself from a serious decease. And it worked.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

i am pretty pleased that you decided to use wiki as your source. i am perfectly aware of what epigenetics is and is not, as a matter of profession.

here is a quote from the abstract of the paper you posted.....i think they say it best:

...epigenetic mechanisms seem to allow an organism to respond to the environment through changes in gene expression. The extent to which environmental effects can provoke epigenetic responses represents an exciting area of future research....

as opposed to your starkly more confident statement:

...Our genes are constantly switching on and off. It's called epigenetics. Not only will reconditioning the mind do this, but a variety of other things....

not only are genes NOT "constantly" switching on and off, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with "reconditioning of the mind".

once again i say: YOU are just as guilty of abusing the science as anyone on this thread.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

No, I'm not. Would you really like me to pull up a dozen more sources?!

The article mentioned that genes are becoming ACTIVATED. As in, they are being expressed. This is what happens at the epigentic level. It doesn't change our genes.

You're just making yourself look bad.

You got a problem with me saying, "reconditioning the mind" instead of meditation or something

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by laffoe

S & F. We can create our own reality with just thoughts. The Cosmos will bring us whatever we ask for. The problem I have is that I haven't mastered the technique yet. I am noticing definate changes, peaceful day's at work et cetera when I put some mental effort into asking for it, knowing it's going to happen and allowing it to happen. So back to the thread, meditation effecting our DNA, absolutely! I know this is true intuitively. Meditation IMHO is one of the greatest things one can do for oneself and humanity. Peace & Love to you all.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Universal Light
reply to post by laffoe

This is all very true. Meditation can lead one properly attuned to hyperdimensional abilities and that is where things really start to change. Using tachyons in meditation can lead to wonderful and mystical events.

You also hit another good point in reference to group meditation. This brings the Law of Squares into play. When more than one energy is in play, the energy is not added, the energy grows exponentially.

Good post here.

Thank you for your input and kind words!
Tachyons - that is the particles emanating from the sun, that passes directly through the Earth?
Sounds truely fascinating to meditate on those.
Would you enlighten us with some experiences of yours on that field?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

It would be nice if you could indicate these are your beliefs, rather than stating such things as fact, without any proof whatsoever, which is the definition of propaganda.

This is the old discussion of proof.
I have respect for your wish to get proof - and hope you´ll ponder on what it will take for something to be proved.
In a world where respectet scientist disagree deeply, and where the one thing certain about scientific facts is their temporary nature.
I, as the threadstarter, are very interested in both hearing about studies regarding the effect of meditation on our physiology AND that people come here and share their experiences with us, without being called anything like propagandist or way out.
I am confident we are able to respect eachothers, and that the experiences shared are heart-felt and could have a possible importance for us all...
Thank you deeply for your understanding

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Ok I admit I haven't dug too far into this one yet, but from the looks of it, I don't think many of you actually know what you are talking about exactly.

The Genes? You mean our DNA? Deoxyribonucleic acid?

If you could "change your dna code" by "meditating" than you could
1) Grow 10 feet taller.
2) Grow 8 arms.
3) Form a exoskeleton.
4) Grow new eyes in places you may need them.
Etc etc etc.
The sky's the limit!

Now, I don't see anything like this happening.

If any capability like this exists, what you MIGHT mean is that you are activating or deactivating already existing traits within the code.

Nothing is changed though, other than an on off switch.

However, I am even highly skeptical of this claim as well.
Perhaps it is true, but I seriously doubt anyone understands it at all yet.

I sure as heck don't believe anyone here (including myself) have a clue how it actually works if it even works at all.

lol
You should see MY extra arm plus the exoskeleton I´, currently growing...
Makes it hard to find decent clothes though

You´re exactly right, none of us know for sure
But sharing experiences, having open minds might help us a little bit further in our understanding...
I deeply appreciate your input

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel412

Originally posted by capod2t
reply to post by laffoe

174 - 258 - 369 - 417 - 528 - 639 - 714 - 852 - 963

You typed few of them wrong... 258 is 285, 369 is 396, and 714 is actually 741 (This last is my favorite.
).

I also used these ones to heal myself from a serious decease. And it worked.

Hey that´s VERY interesting!!!
Would you be so kind to share that experience with us???
(Both your sources for the Solfeggio frequencies and the story of curing yourself... please
)
And thanks for the correction

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
reply to post by laffoe

S & F. We can create our own reality with just thoughts. The Cosmos will bring us whatever we ask for. The problem I have is that I haven't mastered the technique yet. I am noticing definate changes, peaceful day's at work et cetera when I put some mental effort into asking for it, knowing it's going to happen and allowing it to happen. So back to the thread, meditation effecting our DNA, absolutely! I know this is true intuitively. Meditation IMHO is one of the greatest things one can do for oneself and humanity. Peace & Love to you all.

Thankyou my friend, for your input and kind wishes...
You´re absolutely right imho that meditation is great both for yourself and for humanity.
Would love to see studies on how it effect someone to meditated upon (if you can say it like that)

For me intuition and sincerety (which my intuition tells me you have plentyfold) are far more important than technigue.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by laffoe
[Hey that´s VERY interesting!!!
Would you be so kind to share that experience with us???
(Both your sources for the Solfeggio frequencies and the story of curing yourself... please
)
And thanks for the correction

Simple. I had a decease thanks to my stressful lifestyle and work. I hit the bed for almost three months, then my hair is started to fall out drastically. This was two years ago. I must admit, that medicines are just created temporary recovery, but never healed me. Then a half year later, I started to use these solfeggio things as I always shown great interests in these music tones. The first thing what I experienced, that these musics are completely calmed me and opened my mind. I can't really describe it, but it's made me completely free. The second thing, what I noticed after two years, my hair is back where it should be and I'm completely healthy. I was in a full medical examination two month ago and my doc also was surprised that there is no problem with me at all. Nothing a single thing. As she said; all my results are pretty boring as there is nothing on any of them.

And I haven't used these tones that much (Once a week and not all of them. 528 and 741s were my favorite. 741 is the best.).
edit on 13-1-2011 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel412

Thank you very informative and interesting to say the least!
Were there any special way you used the frequencies?
How could you tell which one was your favorit frequency?
Were the effect of the different frequencies on you, the same as described? (your subjective opinion)

Best wishes

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Its like people are just realizing that we are all just little bundles of energy, or moving electrons, or electromagnetic fields, however you want to say it.

Also belief, or faith etc. is one of the three keys, find it, use it

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by laffoe

Were there any special way you used the frequencies?

I used a headset. Nothing else.

How could you tell which one was your favorit frequency?

741 was the only one which opened something else in me. I can't explain this, but that was the tone which was someone different then the others. At least to me.

Were the effect of the different frequencies on you, the same as described? (your subjective opinion)

528 is used to be called as healing and presumably that's the correct. But as mental fatigue was the source of my decease, maybe that's why 741 worked better as it was very relaxing to me. It was like a "song drug" in those weeks. I needed to listen it. I desired to listen it. Sounds strange, but I can't explain it better.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Thankyou very much.
Most interesting and an inspiration to try it out...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join