It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange may be sent to Guatanamo Bay

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I think I am missing something though I do not watch TV.
Is there a death penalty in Sweden?

How can an Australian citizen be sentenced to death for having (allegedly problematic) sex with two Swedes?
Is he going to be extradited by the UK to Sweden or to America?
Does America have any jurisdiction over an Australian person being in the UK who allegedly did some harm to some Swedes?

At any rate, I think there will be a tremendous backlash if he is sentenced.
The crimes he exposed should be exposed. That is all.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If he dies then the password to his insurance file will be released and I think that for the U.S. government that will not be a good thing for them.

The government themselves has said that the things that he has posted has not affected national security and basically its not a big deal, so why would he deserve to die for something when all he did was publish papers that were given to him by someone else its not like he hacked in and stole them or killed someone or was a spy.

He even bothers to go through the documents and protect certain information from public view, if it were me I would dump everything on this internet unedited and free for everyone to see who is doing what.

If he dies all hell will break lose so lets hope it doesn't come to that, I fear that the problems that it would cause would give the government the fuel they need to start the next evolution of the NWO

Also Kokatsi as far as america is concerned they have jurisdiction over the world, not how most americans feel but how the government works.
edit on 11-1-2011 by belowabovetopsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Don't get hysterical. There is no way Assange will be executed. Not only will he be lawyered up, he didn't do anything that would justify that kind of sentence. I doubt he could even be convicted of anything. Now Manning might because he committed treason. but even there he's such a poor waif of a man (sniff!) that it is unlikely they would even try. Guatanamo would be a great place for both of them, though.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange could end up at Guantanamo Bay ...

I highly doubt that will ever happen, even if the US had an easy chance to get him there. Reason why is 1) certain secrets would end up being released that would totally devastate the US economy and political system and result in riots, and 2) he has enough supporters that could really cause a lot of revenge for an unjust abduction (nobody should be apprehended for spreading the truth, right?).

And anyhow, if the US is such a righteous nation, there shouldn't be anything embarrassing nor damaging in all those cables (and other) documents. Right? But if there is something naughty in there, well, then America should and deserves to reap it's just consequences. Right?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Part of me also thinks that he has "friends" in all corners of the world that would never allow this to happen.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

This is simply what his lawyers are saying. They are making a play to avoid extradition. Nobody on the American side has said this...yet.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
do they really think this is the main man behind it all?
this guy is clearly dummy whislt the real man is elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Julian Assange may be sent to Guatanamo Bay,

Good. He'll enjoy the warm air and sunshine; the unending soccer games; the great food; and the free medical care .. all at the expense of the US taxpayer whom he hates. Should make him very happy. However, ya'll are jumping the gun. Last I heard this was just a 'Assange fear' and that the gov't hasn't said anything substantial about it happening. Looks like this could just be more typical Assange media-whoring to further his anti-America agenda.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join