It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange may be sent to Guatanamo Bay

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I don't have a link. It's here say at this point. I will update OP when I see something online.

Just watching CNN and it was stated that, "If he's extradited, he could face the death penalty".

This would be a shame.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Here is a link I found

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange could end up at Guantanamo Bay if he is extradited to Sweden, his lawyers will argue next month, according to legal papers they released Tuesday. He would be at risk of mistreatment or even execution, they will argue, saying that means Britain cannot extradite him without violating his human rights.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
www.channel4.com...

I still think you're Phage.

In any case, if this happens, expect a cataclysm of DOS attacks, protests, internet outages, COSMIC LEVEL clearence documents released... Every document in the history of humanity released on everyone...

This would be the netpocalypse.
edit on 11-1-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
www.channel4.com...

I still think you're Phage.

In any case, if this happens, expect a cataclysm of DOS attacks, protests, internet outages, COSMIC LEVEL clearences documents released... Every document in the history of humanity released on everyone...

This would be the netpocalypse.

I assure you I am not Phage. Where the hell has he been anyway?

On topic: The only good that could come out of this is that he orders more sensitive and revealing documents to leak. He is certainly taking one for the people who demand transparency.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It would be a tragedy if he were executed.

That being said, I'd love to see what WL would do after.

If they were able to pull off capital punishment, does that grant them ease to do the same to the rest of the WL group?
edit on 11-1-2011 by jessejamesxx because: added

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The americans can torture any human in any place in the world. They do not need to take you to any camp. They can make your life hell without that, and the techs can be used any where on earth, there is no defence.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
The americans can torture any human in any place in the world. They do not need to take you to any camp. They can make your life hell without that, and the techs can be used any where on earth, there is no defence.

Agreed. But I would consider this guy a patriot and The Powers That Pee would rather kill this guy. Fugged up world we live in.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Since when is posting words worth being killed over?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by drkylefletcher
Since when is posting words worth being killed over?

He must have some more interesting documents that must be quite revealing.
They would love to see this guy dead rather than have them released.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

I, not unlike many others, wish they could/would just release what they've got, so imaginations can finally stop running in favor of scrutinizing/studying the documents.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Who do they think he killed? I don't believe in the death penatly except for mulitple murders or killing a child.
What do he do exactly to warrent being killed?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I, not unlike many others, wish they could/would just release what they've got, so imaginations can finally stop running in favor of scrutinizing/studying the documents.

I know, I feel the same way. Crap or get off the pot.
Something tells me that Julian will end up detained for quite some time and until his fate is decided not much else will get released. But I strongly believe that if his sentence is death, we shall see some marvelous things brought to light. (At least I hope).

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

I guess releasing classified documents qualifies as terrorism now. Not that just walking down the street couldn't be considered that way by whoever wanted to scrutinize the laws that way at the ratio of power:not power we've gotten to as a society.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yeah I saw this on either SKY or channel 4 news earlier tonight.

This just goes to show that speech, sadly, is no longer free. Why does the US government think it's there job to police the world?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I know, I feel the same way. Crap or get off the pot.
Something tells me that Julian will end up detained for quite some time and until his fate is decided not much else will get released. But I strongly believe that if his sentence is death, we shall see some marvelous things brought to light. (At least I hope).

I'm guessing they just want to break him, and his cause: to let things settle.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The power drunk have no reason. They only wish for more power. It matters not the cost, or what the long term consequence will be. Assange is challenging an institution that personifies the drive for power by the whole society. The institution feels the danger, and wished his removal. Power is a dangerous drug

link   
The killing of JA will spawn a Revolution.

link   

I'm guessing they just want to break him, and his cause: to let things settle.

Right. If they drag out the process of extraditing and hearings etc. then most likely this action will only prolong his next move. It's a real interesting time to be alive. (I wonder if people always said that)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
This just goes to show that speech, sadly, is no longer free.

Speech hasn't ever been free, sadly. People are too emotional. You could walk up to someone and say one of the many derogatory words arbitrarily and they'd most likely get offended.

Words are just words.

Knowing doesn't necessarily come from hearing words, which I think people just need to take a step back from.

People need to quit acting so quickly after a stimulus occurs, otherwise things will just get worse.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

It's a real interesting time to be alive. (I wonder if people always said that)

Relativity.

Edit: But yeah, it is certainly a climax of our current society.
edit on 11-1-2011 by drkylefletcher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join