It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sky effects in Norway (again)?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewtra

For what it's worth, the anomaly @ 400%

To the OP ... is there anyway you could make an enlargement like this without the blur (you mentioned you were a photographer).

It does look like you captured something unusual and I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure it's not lens flare.

Woody

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Parhelion, also known as a sundog.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

Originally posted by amkia

Yes , I am familiar with ”pillars of light” effects, how ever this spooky image is not ”ice crystal effect” the temperature was C.+2 those effect happen in much lower temperature.

2°C on the ground has no bearing whatsoever on the temperature at higher altitudes, particurlarly in the atmosphere.
Maybe you are not as familiar with the effect as you claim.

“Pillars of light effects” happen often here in Norway, but it happen only when the temperatures are -20 or lower (reflecting city lights at night time) never seen those in day time and in one particular section of the image.

Thanks for your reply and time.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Originally posted by lewtra

For what it's worth, the anomaly @ 400%

To the OP ... is there anyway you could make an enlargement like this without the blur (you mentioned you were a photographer).

It does look like you captured something unusual and I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure it's not lens flare.

Woody

Thank you

I am working on it, I have blown up that particular section at 1000x with noise remover for better view.. once the computer is done I will posting it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The camera itself can take RAW image or jpg at 10 Mp, but for day to day use Ii is set it at 5 MP (good enough for my work).

Blame it on the circumstances as I had no idea that it was “there”. What ever it might be.

edit on 11-1-2011 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by noahproductions
Looks like a sundog....

That was my thought, too. Looks like a good, old-fashioned sun dog with a nice ripple thrown in. Looks plenty cold enough for one.

edit on 11-1-2011 by Blue Shift because: WHY NOT

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
It does not matter where you are, what the temperature on the ground is, for ice crystals in the atmosphere. You have caught a sundog, not a light pillar, hence the term sundog, they appear when the sun is shining. It's quite a nice example.
I would be pleased to capture that, sure it's an extraordinary picture but there is nothing more to it than a natural phenomonon.

Thing is a sundog normally occurs at 22° distant, left or right of the sun but generally the same distance to the left/right as the sun is from the horizon. Your pic has all the hallmarks of a sundog.
edit on 11-1-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Here is the image blown up 1000x from that particular section of the sky..

Aren’t those sundogs supposed to “cover up the whole sky” and not just particular section of the sky..??

Image taken by wide angle lens 28 mm it should had a “symmetrical” effect on the right side or at least somewhere else in the image!

B-up by Amkia, on Flickr

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Again ..

Here is the original image

Mysterious by Amkia, on Flickr

Blown up section

Still “sundogs” or “pillars of light”..?

If I knew better I wouldn’t ask…!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Based on this picture alone...I can almost slightly see the change in color of the object in question.
Almost like it's ice crystals reflecting light.
Sort of rainbow-ish.

I wouldn't say sundogs, but definitely looks more like ice crystals in some sort of formation.

Very nice blowing up that picture.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

edit on 11-1-2011 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok

Based on this picture alone...I can almost slightly see the change in color of the object in question.
Almost like it's ice crystals reflecting light.
Sort of rainbow-ish.

I wouldn't say sundogs, but definitely looks more like ice crystals in some sort of formation.

Very nice blowing up that picture.

Thank you “again” for your reply.

I really don’t know mate, the more I stare at it the more I get the idea that something “went or comes through it”.

It is “side perspective/vision of something” as it is two dimensional image form eastern sky of my location.

The colours you’ve mention is just “jpg artefact” or “distorted pixels” by the image processor and noise remover. In my last post I’ve set the image as its max resolution available at fliker since the original image is much more bigger and clearer… the size is about 8 MB.. too big for the casual reviewer..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

Hey there amkia,

Thanks for the blown-up picture ... as someone already said it does have rainbow colors to it which would seem to point towards the sunlight reflecting off ice crystals ... but I also wonder if it's like those 'rainbow clouds' that have been seen in some places prior to an earthquake (just typing out loud)

Really good picture btw.

Woody

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by amkia

Hey there amkia,

Thanks for the blown-up picture ... as someone already said it does have rainbow colors to it which would seem to point towards the sunlight reflecting off ice crystals ... but I also wonder if it's like those 'rainbow clouds' that have been seen in some places prior to an earthquake (just typing out loud)

Really good picture btw.

Woody

Many thanks for your attention woody..

Image was taken by “28 mm WIDE lens” as they are almost as good as “anamorphic lenses” without distortions of “14 mm and lower down to fish eye” the “human eyes acts as standard 50 mm lenses”!

Like I said earlier, it was clear sky and not a single sign of a clouds or local fog. Please pay attention to that particular section and then the whole image and the blue background of the phenomena! Do you see any kind of “haze” behind it..? Then its distances from the sun and its unusual angles form the sunlight.

I need logical explanations.. so far I got non..

Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
new thread about norway lights

www.abovetopsecret.com...

brand new thread!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

hmmmmmmm

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Definitely lens flare, the "beam" lines up with the sun...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3aced3bd11ec.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Definitely lens flare, the "beam" lines up with the sun...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3aced3bd11ec.png[/atsimg]

Ah well

I was expecting”much more intelligent response”, I am not sure about you but after 30 years of photography in “professional level” don’t you think that I can easily “find the lens flare” or “optical fault and illusions”? Teaching old dog new tricks..??

Thanks everyone for responses, I got my answer in some other websites.

Case closed!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

Would it be possible to enlighten us on what your conclusions are? it could come in useful has a reference for future anomalies. Cheers.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

I was expecting”much more intelligent response”, I am not sure about you but after 30 years of photography in “professional level” don’t you think that I can easily “find the lens flare” or “optical fault and illusions”? Teaching old dog new tricks..??

Time to find a new profession methinks!

Meaning you've been told what you wanted to hear, so what is it then?

Or aren't we intelligent enough to know?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by amkia

Time to find a new profession methinks!

Meaning you've been told what you wanted to hear, so what is it then?

Or aren't we intelligent enough to know?

No mate..

It wasn’t lens flare, optical failure, dirty spot on the lens, sundogs, light pillars, missiles, dimensional portal, UFO, military jets etc…

I suspected on high speed meteor entry and its “shock wave after effect” and so far I’ve got what I was looking for. I just happen to be the lucky bastard in the right place in the right time (unknowingly)..!

Thanks again all for your time.

edit on 12-1-2011 by amkia because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2011 by amkia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join