It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Hum" -- NYC Area, 1960s -- Montauk Project?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

Thanks for your reply!! I think I too have felt the "hum" at some point, although I put it down to high frequency electric wires (even though I didn't live near them, odd in retrospect.) I am really intrigued now. I grew up in a country town and where I lived was nowhere near anything like that.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I live in a small city in Ireland, and lately I've noticed a humming sound in my house, and particularly at night. It seems to be evident in only a few parts of the house. I've been wondering if it's a form of resonance - perhaps some frequencies jumping between buildings.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by fingermouse

I live in a small city in Ireland too... there aren't many small citys in Ireland, so we might be in the same area! (edit: I see you are in WF, I am in KK)

edit on 15-1-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

lol yeah I understand that.

That's why I chose the words apparently though in my post because while it's been widely reported in various areas I've visited such as Solihull and the aforementioned Bristol, Leeds and even in Bolton I think, I've personally never experienced it myself.

Interesting that it mostly happens in areas close to airports yet aircraft noise and vibrations have been ruled out time and time again.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

Funny you metioned 'The Hum'. Growing up on Long Island it was a common thing. And yes you can hear the hum out in Montauk, LOL. When I was out in MOntauk last summer it was an everday occurence (at least in June and July). I didn't think much of it until you posted this thread. Now you have me really thinking. I will be heading back out there for their big 'St. Patty's Parade' and will let you know if I hear it while there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join