It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding the Trap, and Avoiding It!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Since this fateful incident concerning Jared Loughner, and the possible implications of him being a member here, I think that I would like to address some issues that may blind some members.

First of all this was a very unfortunate incident. With someone who was obviously unstable, who happened to be a member (in name mostly) on this site. Since this has come to light and has been addressed by ATS staff and owners, there has been a huge influx of new members (possibly old, starting new accounts to chime in).

With that said, I have been looking around the internet, and noticed that there are many that are indeed not full time members that are lurking here and trying to get info that may bring this site down, or even spread rumors. There are certain types of people that we know frequent this site, and have an agenda of their own.

With being one of the biggest sites, and having very serious T&C rules, that are applied, some x-members, are happy that this has happened, and are looking forward to having a chance to be part of the downfall. For those that do not support this agenda, I urge you to be careful what threads you enter in, especially if it seems antagonistic, or trolling.

If your initial thought was that, follow that, as we all have seen it happen, and have avoided it, yet with the anger that may of us feel, we can be blindsided.

Since this has come to light, I have paid attention to certain things before posting in a thread. One, When did their membership start? Did their thread have a rant and then they disappear for long periods between posts? Could the thread be misconstrued to have a tie to either the J.L case? Guns? Rights? or anything that may seem out of the ordinary?

This of course could be temporary, or until the new "big" news starts, but if this doesn't go away, then we could be in for the long haul.

Whether we want to see it or not, this has made a change, and being careful is one way to avoid making something bigger than it is. Once we know that the air is clear, I'm sure things will get better.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I hope that this will open the eyes of some that may have posted something that can be looked back at as a possible rant as opposed to what they would normally write. We can still edit things!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
NRE~
You mean to say you frown upon banning guns and suspending the Constitution??
Tsk, Tsk.

Seriously,
thanks for injecting a voice of caution.
I believe I have recognized a few "voices" that I have seen before
from the land of the banned....
...and I lurked for a few years before I signed up.

It is easy to get swept into the drama at times.

EDIT TO ADD-
I mainly posted just to bump this, but I abhor just writing (bump)....
edit on 10-1-2011 by thegoodearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

Thanks, I see that someone started a similar thread just minutes after me, so I figured this will be lost. I hope some see it before it goes to the older threads.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

No problem...
I really hate good threads lost and going to "The Land of Misfit Threads"...
I have several residing there....

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Considering the subject matter of the various forums and threads... we should all "assume" that people/groups with power, money, or secretive motives would have moles, agents, and/or observers present on ATS... not just now because of recent events, but way back before.

Thanks for the warning of caution. I hope those that have never considered their posts being monitored will now be more aware of what they say.

Collectively, ATS shouldn't worry too much. It's not like this is a site harboring or cultivating murderous ideologies. I've read several rageful posts and rants, but nothing in all of my time on ATS would have me believe that ATS is a dangerous site.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The message NRE is bringing is a good one to keep in mind. Be smart about what you write, assume everyone (even grandma) might read it someday and don't let the instigators get one over on ya...

edit on 10-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

top topics

join