It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

meditation techniques, specifically sahaja...any thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hello all

I am posting to ask a question about meditation, specifically related to the upcoming events and was hoping for some feedback and advice from experienced/knowing people who use meditation.

I started my journey a few months ago and feel as if I may be waking up, or trying to. I decided to start meditating after realising what was going on and wanting to better my self and hopefully discover who I really am. I found sahaja yoga quite by chance and decided to give it a go as it seemed to resonate and fit with the journey I am on. I have mentioned it in a number of posts and recently a few people have mentioned that it might not be such a good idea.

I am looking for other peoples feedback and advice on sahaja yoga and what other types of meditation might be better. i have had some amazing results from this type of meditation but don't want to waste my time going down the wrong road or indeed giving my energy away to some false guru type.

Here is a list of some of the things I have experienced (before and after awakening my kundalini, but much more after) in my short time meditating (as describes in another recent thread):

After meditating I feel warm inside for hours, not just feel warm but am warm...example: I can go downstairs and sit in a tee-shirt when my wife and children are cold because the heating hasn't come on yet, and be warm for hours.

I also get hot flushes where I sweat a lot and sometimes wake up drenched in sweat,although this bit has been happening for years

I get what feels like energy shooting up my spine (mainly when thinking on all I have discovered over the last 6 months but not alweys), giving me the shivers...the only thing I can relate it too is rushing on ecstasy as I used to when younger whilest at raves and clubs (lol those were the days!)

I feel calm and compassionate like never before

I feel emotional and cry quite a lot, not bad emotional, good emotional

I have vivid dreams, one recently about unlocking an old door that stayed with me for days

I don't worry any more

I (most of the time) really do love everyone

and for me one of the biggest ones is I feel a cool breeze coming from my palms and the top of my head after meditating!

I reach thoughtless awareness

and finally I bloody love this world, this life

edit on 10-1-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
inner eye visualization, binaural beat meditation while sleeping [OBE] increased after Lucid Dreaming achieved. contemplation of everything around you, the imperfect is the perfect. as above so below, as outside so within you.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm not sure what your question is, OP. It sounds as though you've got something which is working for you, and you are experiencing great benefits...I'm wondering why you want other people's opinion on sahaja yoga?

A little word of wisdom from the Buddha to share - when you have all sorts of experiences in and as a result of meditation, there's a risk one can start to focus on the effects rather than the purpose of the meditation. I'm not at all saying that I get the impression that's what you are doing, quite the opposite in fact, but just thought I'd share that gem of wisdom in case it might be helpful at any point.

The experience sounds great. I want some too!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Personally, I am not a big fan of people trying to reinvent the wheel. From the brief description I read on the Sahaja Yoga, the ultimate purpose is to rise the Kundalini energy. I believe there are more to it because the energy isn't sustainable. You can't feel it every time you meditate. Sometimes, the heat intensity varies. Did you receive instructions as to what to do next? Do you see in your dream indicating a future for you?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
From my experiences with any meditation, there is no one way do to do something. Personaly when it comes to spirituality in any way shape or form, I find it much easier to just do when makes you happy in whatever your doing. This applies to meditation simply in the fact that you can make your own meditation and it will still be just as effective as Bob shouting really loud thinking he'll get supernatural powers.

Every ancient society has had their own ways to do things spiritually and all have had a great spiritual person at one point or another. Each of those people have diffrent methods to do so. In the end everything works just fine.

You could jsut ask yourself. After all, spirituality is about the spirit. If your doing something you believe aids your spirit and are happy with it, then it works.

There's my two cents.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Passafist
From my experiences with any meditation, there is no one way do to do something. Personaly when it comes to spirituality in any way shape or form, I find it much easier to just do when makes you happy in whatever your doing. This applies to meditation simply in the fact that you can make your own meditation and it will still be just as effective as Bob shouting really loud thinking he'll get supernatural powers.

Every ancient society has had their own ways to do things spiritually and all have had a great spiritual person at one point or another. Each of those people have diffrent methods to do so. In the end everything works just fine.

You could jsut ask yourself. After all, spirituality is about the spirit. If your doing something you believe aids your spirit and are happy with it, then it works.

There's my two cents.

No, I wouldn't put that all religions are the same. With Yoga or meditation, the practitioner is trying to induce an "experience" which is real. With the Sahaya Yoga, from what I read, is to teach the practitioner to awaken the kundalini energy. I have experienced my first as well as my second and third and forth Kundalini rising. Like I say earlier, the OP should not consider the experience as the end goal because the energy is not sustainable. The experience can't be induced every time you meditate. If he has a teacher, he could ask him or her. If not, maybe his dream should reveal his next goal.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Hey wcitizen, thanks for replying

My question is really regarding Sahaja yoga and whether people here think it's a good form of meditation. I ask as a few have mentioned it might not be good...although as I mentioned I have had fantastic results so far.

I take on board what you say about focusing on the effects rather than the purpose. I am half way through the process and use the physical manifestations to measure weather it's working...which it seems to be, the end goal is still to communicate with the infinite creator, with the real me/us/we (blimy!) and ultimately try and figure out who I am, where I am and why I'm here.

Thanks again wcitizen

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

Interesting you mention dreams...the one that really stands out is the one i mentioned earlier which involved an old door with a lock, I had the key and was trying to unlock the door. I couldnt do it for a while, untill I got down on my hands and knees and had a good look at it, I then placed the key in the door , figured out how it worked and openeed it...then woke up. The reason I even mentioned it is because I dont usually remember dreams after 5 minutes of being awake, this one stayed with me and I can still remember this part of it as clear as day.

Also as I mentioned in my last post, I use the physical manifestations to to measure weather it's working or not, not as the end goal. Im looking for more than just rushes and internal heating

Thanks for the input ChiForce, much apreciated

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Passafist

Hey passafist

Actually that's what I did, ask my self, and the answer I got was go for it...but it's early days for me and I wanted a second third and fourth opinion...I should just listen to myself I guess...have faith

thanks for the input, i appreciate it

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch
I reach thoughtless awareness...

Well, if by thoughtless awareness you mean the Purusha (the detached witness), your next step is to make this higher state of consciousness permanent.
edit on 10-1-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

Hi, meditation is different for every one, And we all need to find what suits us best. Yoga is ok, but I never really got into that myself. I use to find a nice relaxing place, preferably out side at a park or somewhere I can listen to nature talk. I have been fully aware of myself for quite some time now. Once you have fully mastered everything there is to know about yourself, including self healing by using the mind, and self control, and becoming aware of all your actions. This is where you have reached half awareness. The next step is to feel nature, and then this will eventually lead to universal awareness. As this can take time to achieve, patients is a virtue. All good things come to those who wait
Myself, all I can meditate any where, even in noisy areas. Only because when you eventually reach my level of awareness, you can block anything out. Everything from noise all the way to pain within yourself. My preferable spot for meditation now is, simply laying down on my bed, and away I go. Be patient, only you know what is best for youself, but other ideas do help sometimes
Good luck on achieving your full awareness, it is great fun, when you discover your full potential

MITM

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

Thanks to you too.

new topics

top topics

join