It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Chinese troops cross into Indian territory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Report: Chinese troops cross into Indian territory

news.yahoo.com

NEW DELHI – Armed Chinese soldiers infiltrated Indian territory and threatened construction workers near a disputed border in September, Indian media reported Monday.

The Chinese incursion took place in the Himalayan region of Kashmir, the Press Trust of India said without citing a source for the information.

Chinese soldiers threatened an Indian contractor and his workers who were building a bus station near Demchok in India's Leh region along the so-called Line of Actual Control that divides India and China. Construction work has been halted since then, the report said.

China has
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This could be the start of the initiation by China of the new Middle Kingdom. Since they want to dominate and hell bent on revenge for what happened to them when they started to decline and taken over by the Europeans and Japan. Now they want to deal with India since it can be a match in terms of population, industry, technological, and militarily. Hence why India is warming up with the U.S. in cooperation especially economical and militarily. As well as smaller Asian nations are heading to American protection. They know the Dragon will rise.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
well, if we have to fight another war, at least it's one where we know who the enemy is. I'm tired of these shadow game wars.

Lets blow up China and get it over with. Move all production of cheap, plastic toys to another starving nation (maybe the USA?) and we'll all be happy.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

The Chinese incursion took place in the Himalayan region of Kashmir, the Press Trust of India said without citing a source for the information.

Without citing a source for the information? Speculation to pump up US dollar.

edit on 10-1-2011 by FreeToDecide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeToDecide

Without citing a source for the information? Speculation to pump up US dollar.

edit on 10-1-2011 by FreeToDecide because: (no reason given)

Well I think the source is very clear here..!!
Press Truth of India
And they don't even mention this on their homepage.
I found something about it somewhere else on the site.
www.ptinews.com... quoting-JK-govt-on-Chinese-intrusion-in-Leh-baseless--

So,... "They are not a cause for concern" (quote)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

China is full of itself right now. The problem with economic globalism is that it produces countries that think they have the right to rule over the world to manipulate that economy. The United States is no exception to that rule. I cringed when the media kept referring to Obama as the "leader of the free world." Please! The US can't even lead itself! The Chinese communist Party will be an ever nastier in the postition of a economic and military world overlord. It is time to undo the regime of global trade agreements which is the seat of this Nation on Nation economic and potiical abuse.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Thanks for posting the article.

I'm surprised it took so long before it was reported.
Seems to me that this will only get more sensitive as both countries economies grow.
Here is an interesting perspective....

China as No. 2: Why Its Days as a Manufacturing Outsourcer Are Numbered

China’s GDP has finally passed that of Japan, making the former the second largest economy in the world, after the U.S. The numbers are only for the past quarter, but anyone who has watched the world’s economic progression knew this would eventually happen. China has a huge number of people — which means lots of consumption. It has some important natural resources, such as coal, iron ore, natural gas, aluminum, rare metals, uranium, and the world’s largest hydropower potential.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Looks like China is starting to stretch it's legs, probably as a warning to the US.
edit on 10/1/2011 by BarmyBilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

This an already disputed border line. No big deal.

India pushed (with the construction project); China pushed back. Happens all the time. Check out the national posturing on claiming Arctic waters.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Those two have been butting heads for thousands of years, just testing the grey area.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Wow, this is big news

Look at this thread I made a while ago
Google China Cheating India? Land Dispute
abovetopsecret.com...

I'm glad that India is building there, part of the criticism is that the land where the line is drawn between India and China is that China's portion is well developped while India's is not

Hopefully building will continue!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Find this whole China thing very interesting.But it's been known for a while now that the dragon will rise,even before the economic crisis.
I doubt they'll go to war.
There will probably just be trade wars unless something else sparks it which I hope won't happen cause it will be bloody.

new topics

top topics

join