It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese, US defense chiefs hold talks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Chinese, US defense chiefs hold talks

www.peopleforum.cn

Chinese Defense Minister Liang Guanglie and the visiting US Secretary of Defense Robert Gates held talks Monday morning in Beijing.
The visit of Gates, who arrived in the Chinese capital Sunday evening, is expected to provide an opportunity for the two countries to improve military ties, which suffered some frictions over the past year.
This is Gates' second China tour since he took office in December 2006. His visit was postponed after the Pentagon's decision to sell a nearly $6.4-billion ar
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Finally they are meeting, i think many people have waited this moment for a long time , communication on military affairs between the two gaints is really little, better communication is good for eveything, but i can't understand why Gates choose this time to visit China, we all know the three aircraft carriers are all in the eastern asia which causes China's concerns ...

www.peopleforum.cn
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

i can't understand why Gates choose this time to visit China

He created a big stir calling for more cuts to the military health care, sounds like he needs a time out from Washington. www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

join