It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussion: Was the Arizona shooting designed to DISTRACT from the Animal Die-offs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Now, this is just speculation on my part, I'm not claiming it's true. But I feel a discussion is warranted.

The conspiracy theory would go something like this: that Jared Lee Loughner was a "sleeper" assassin who was activated to hit the target, Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, so that the focus on the bird/fish/animal die offs going on world wide would be shifted away.

That's the general idea, and the timing seems impeccable. Not to mention, it also shifts focus away from the John P. Wheeler death/murder.

It certainly seems to be working here on ATS, myself included.

Your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
My thoughts

it happened on a weekend...weekends = low news.

If they were trying to distract from something...it would be on a monday and would be covered all week long. Things happen on fridays and weekends to bury..such as a congressman coming out saying something really dumb or some wildly unpopular thing right before the news cycle of the week ends so the press is at a dull roar.

So...no..now, if it happened on a monday, then that opens a door of speculation...a movement of media focus..

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hard to say if it's related, but it certainly has merit as an idea. Could be they kill like 10 birds with one stone.

1. Distract from animal dieoffs
2. Distract from the Wheeler assassination
3. Cause anger at right wing zealots
4. Cause anger at left wing radicals
5. Show the internet needs to have more monitoring and censorship
6. Show a reason there should be stricter laws regarding gun ownership
7. Advances the home grown terrorist agenda as a propaganda mechanism
8. Advances the DHS position of implementing telescreens
9. Eliminates a problem judge
10. Eliminates a woman that may have known something they didn't like - perhaps NASA related (though she may yet survive)

What a terrible tragedy it all is, and the families have my deepest empathy.
But it certainly advances these 10 points.
edit on 9-1-2011 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I don't think it has anything to do with them.

If the shooting was going to be used to distract from a conspiracy/story/report, then it would be hiding a single event and not something that is ongoing and without any set schedule.

Take the attacks of 9/11 for instance. They happened on the same day that Dr Henry Kissinger was accused of being responsible and involved in the bungled kidnapping and murder of the just elected new president of Chile just before he took office.

Family of Slain Chilean Sues Kissinger, Helms Military Leader Was Killed in Kidnap Attempt Linked to Nixon Administration By Bill Miller Washington Post Staff Writer Tuesday, September 11, 2001

The family of Chilean military commander Rene Schneider, who was killed 31 years ago during a botched kidnapping, filed a federal lawsuit in Washington yesterday accusing Henry A. Kissinger, Richard M. Helms and other officials in the Nixon administration of orchestrating a series of covert activities that led to his assassination.

Source

Kept that one quiet didn't they?
edit on 9/1/2011 by nerbot because: spellig mistale

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
My thoughts

If they were trying to distract from something...it would be on a monday and would be covered all week long. Things happen on fridays and weekends to bury..such as a congressman coming out saying something really dumb or some wildly unpopular thing right before the news cycle of the week ends so the press is at a dull roar.

So...no..now, if it happened on a monday, then that opens a door of speculation...a movement of media focus..

That is your logic?......since it didn't happen on a monday you shrug the theory off?

wtf?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Have to admit that the thought did cross my mind

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

It's true. Events are not always related in time, and there probably isn't a connection, but everything is still on the table for a look at this point.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
thats a good point because since i heard of the shooting every thing about it seemed fishy so i have been researching and pretty much going through his videos and trying too decode maybe i underestimated the gov.????

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I too question the Timing a little bit. We are in the first 9 Days of the new Year,and the World seems to go more and more Crazy each Day.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

10. Eliminates a woman that may have known something they didn't like - perhaps NASA related (though she may yet survive)

Yeah ...... right ......

My opinion is that this assassination atempt is just a scheme to get tighter gun control.
They are afraid that if people have guns they can retaliate ... and they don't want that.
edit on 9-1-2011 by AlexIR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I like the 10 birds one stone theory.

There is way more than 10, but we get the point.

Smoke screen blinds us to everything.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think he was secretly a Texas A&M fan and their loss on Friday night was the final straw that broke his grip on reality. Plausible? Not really, but it's as good as all the other theories being tossed around.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster

Originally posted by SaturnFX
My thoughts

That is your logic?......since it didn't happen on a monday you shrug the theory off?

wtf?

The logic is sound. Weekdays is when you do something you want tons of attention and focus on. end of week and weekends is when you want things to go almost unnoticed.

There is more than just my theory behind this...this is typical releasing methods of bad stock reportings, bad political blunders that don't want much of a fuss in the media, etc...whereas big things that want to create new agendas are done early..such as health care reform...and arguably (depending on how conspiracy minded you are) false flag terrorists attacks (aka. 9/11).

What I am saying is that if this was some sort of government sponsored thing, it would have been done on monday, not on new news saturday. Monday would ensure oversaturation all week on all media channels.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
if the animal die off was localized only to the US you might have some credence to the theory. the fact that its global and nobody outside the US really cares what you do means there would have to be similar things occurring in the afflicted countries for the theory to be valid.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Your thoughts?

Why would the story about animal deaths have to be covered up in the first place is a better question, I don't see anything special about it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
ATS is going down the #ter because of threads like this.

The animal "die off's" were only abnormal because the media reported on them, and a few colonies don't equate to the end of the world, there are hundreds of thousands of birds that die in mass groups each year...reporters never batted an eye lid before and now they do ATS is up in arms yelling "CONSPIRACY! CONSPIRACY!"

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yo SaturnFx

Gulf of tonkin. FRIDAY august 7th 1964

Your logic stinks
edit on 9-1-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

That's pretty much the idea. Man, if there is some type of super secret domestic assassin program, this latest guy would fit he bill.

JLL (Jared Lee Loughner) has demonstrated paranoid schizoid behaviors, has had interactions with the U.S. Army (but was then later rejected - building the cover for his role), since had demonstrated increasing issues at his College, conveniently laid down the narrative via Youtube and various internet websites that he was "crazy", and then less than a month later gets activated.

Again, not saying that last part is in fact the case, but it sure fits. Call it a hunch.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I don't think it had anything to with the animal die-offs. I have to believe that whether or not this was a government staging, there will be consequences, just as there were with the "underwear bomber". Problem, Reaction, Solution. Due to the strong debates regarding Loughner's internet presence, and the timing with this whole internet ID, I have to think there's a connection there, not with the animals. Either way, it's a number of things. Apparently he's a "birther", obviously a gun owner, he believes in buying precious metals, had a YouTube channel, etc. Just more ways to associate. I'm sure it will also come out that he believes 9/11 was an inside job.

There are no coincidences, just the illusion of coincidence.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Sorry but i don't understand the connection, how would this be a distraction? Was the congresswoman somehow related in anyway to the animal die-offs? Or are you saying this poor woman and other people where shot specifically to distract us from the animal die-offs? Btw, i'm not asking this in a harsh way, i just want to understand your point of view.
edit on 9/1/2011 by Traydor because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join