It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than a dozen dead birds spotted along Missouri highway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

www.ksdk.com...

Jefferson County (KSDK) -- A NewsChannel 5 viewer called in late Saturday afternoon about more than a dozen dead birds, scattered on an overpass in Jefferson County, along Old Highway 21 and just south of Rock Creek Road.

So, after getting out there ourselves to see the starlings, we called the executive director of the World Bird Santuary, Walter Crawford, and he explained what he thought the cause of this actually common fall-out could be.

"You have an overpass there," he said. "A lot of
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9-1-2011 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Well Here is another story of dead birds, this time in Missouri around a overpass. A scientist from the World Bird Sanctuary explains that the birds like to roost under bridges and overpasses and he feels that in this case the cold weather is weeding out the old and sick birds.

I do see his point however I'm not familiar with dead birds being a regular part of the scenery around overpasses.

Im keeping my eyes peeled for dead birds, but so far all I'm seeing are live birds and they seem quite healthy.

KSDK.com

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-1-2011 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

"A lot of times birds will roost under these overpasses, especially in really cold winter...and, of course, mother nature weeds out the sick, the old and the injured and it could be that these were birds that were very old and just couldn't deal with the climate."

So we should have been seeing this every winter, right?

Originally posted by LDragonFireI do see his point however I'm not familiar with dead birds being a regular part of the scenery around overpasses.

I've never seen this either, but to be honest, have never really looked. It seems like a lazy explanation to me.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I really wish someone could explain this already - all these dead bird threads are doing my head in.

edit:Sorry I should rephrase - all these dead bird events being reported are doing my head in.
I'm finally at the point where I'm wondering WTF is going on.

-B.M
edit on 9/1/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Not trying to be totally negative, but 12 or so birds is hardly anything to get worried about. This just seems like a peice of fear-mongering, jump on the bandwagon type article. There are several possible everyday explanations for this few bird deaths, I'm sure some cats have killed way more than this.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I live in north central MO and saw a dead robin on the side of our gravel road yesterday. Probably roadkill, but the weird thing was what the heck was it doing here the first week of January? Everyone who lives here knows when you see a robin it means spring has arrived, not Christmas is over.

top topics

join