It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook to close???????????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Facebook to close???????????

weeklyworldnews.com

PALO ALTO, CA –Mark Zuckerberg announced that Facebook will be shut down in March. Managing the site has become too stressful.

“Facebook has gotten out of control,” said Zuckerberg in a press conference outside his Palo Alto office, “and the stress of managing this company has ruined my life. I need to put an end to all the madness.”

Zuckerberg went on to explain that starting March 15th, users will no longer be able to access their Facebook accounts.

“After March 15th the whole website shuts down,” said Avrat Humarthi, Vice President of Technical Affairs at Facebook. �
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.worldnewsinsight.com
www.associatedcontent.com

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
This cant be true can it?
Its worth Billions of £$£$£$£$
It wason the news the other day it was one of the biggest things globaly and worth more that a lot of top compainies.
I find this hard to believe.
He cant just shut it down can he?

If it were to happen, I think it be a good thing. Kids spend all day on it. And a lot of arguments happen because of Facebook.
In his article, he said "its got out of control"
Maybe he is right...........

Anyone else find anything else?

weeklyworldnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Worldweeklynews is a known hoax site.

Sorry to break that to you.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Wow I find this almost impossible to believe. If it really went through something else would be right behind to take it's place I'm afraid.

It's just worth way to much money for people to let it just go away but yes it would be awesome if we could get rid of all this social networking craziness.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
No need for a sorry..............
There are 2 other links there...

www.worldnewsinsight.com...

www.associatedcontent.com...
edit on 9/1/2011 by shauny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
As far as i can tell at the moment, this is disinfo and an elaborate rumor.

Wall Street Journal - Is Facebook worth 50 billion USD?

At the bare minimum it will be sold and continued on. (if it came to extremes, which it wont)

Zuckerberg has too much to deal out to IPOs (intellectual property owners) to consider selling at the moment.

It's not clear how it started, but a ridiculous rumor that Facebook is shutting down is spreading fast on social networks. - Huffington Post

Huffington Post Article

edit on 9-1-2011 by plexus because: additional information added

edit on 9-1-2011 by plexus because: additional information added

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Oh please.
This is obviously a joke or a hoax of some sort.
The idea that anyone with a rational mind would believe this, is absurd.
Zuckerberg only owns 24% of the company. So its not up to him to shut it down, anyway.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
According to a Facebook forum post, the site may not be shutting down:

www.facebook.com...

Conversely, an article from Snopes says otherwise:

www.snopes.com...

By the way, is Facebook a publicly traded company? Just a question.
edit on 9-1-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note to post

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Hey
I found 3 links all carrying roughly the same story.

Very newsworthy.

I can see it being sold and becoming a wall to wall adverts portal

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
clearly a hoax, farmville that stupid facebook game is worth millions alone, facebook is easily worth a billion, easily.

very sad, because zuckerberg has never seemed to be one to be on the people's side, and we put him in a position of great wealth and power.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

But appearances can be deceiving. In fact, as I read the situation, we are witnessing the beginning of the end of Facebook. These aren't the symptoms of a company that is winning, but one that is cashing out.

read the article to learn why and how appearances can be deceiving.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Wether they are credible news agencies is another story

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
What a shame this is a Hoax!

I'd love for it to be true, but I read last week Facebook ownership is thinking of floating it on the stock exchange.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by plexus
reply to post by shauny

Wether they are credible news agencies is another story

Very True.
As I say, I seen it, checked, seen it again, so posted it here.
Id "LOVE" to see it go. My 2 sons live on that site

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Someone should tell Goldman-Sachs... they will be pissed for sure! I call hoax as well. Right now teenagers all over the world are getting ready for dt's.

edit on 9-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I guess all of the people who actually believe this weren't around when they still sold those Weekly World News magazines in the stores. Otherwise, they'd know that this isn't true. When they sold them in the stores, they wrote in small print that it was for entertainment purposes only. It wasn't (and isn't) an actual source of news.

Do people really think that he's going to close Facebook when it has been as successful as it is?

I think people should look something up and figure out whether it's true or not before they just believe everything they see on the Internet.
edit on 9-1-2011 by WalkingWithShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by WalkingWithShadows

She had 3 links. What's the cut off? She posed it as a question not a statement of fact. She actually said this can't be real can it? We can all make a mistake or get carried away.. But if we all posted only scientifically proven facts this site would be naught but an encyclopedia. A lot of stuff here can't be scientifically proven yet.

She doesn't need her hand slapped by someone who created a new account to do so...
edit on 9-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I'm moving this from Breaking Alternative News to the hoax forum due to the source (i.e., the same people who brought us Bat Boy and even use him as a logo now) and corroborating evidence that it's a hoax, but if anyone has evidence that this is anything other than a hoax, please don't hesitate to post it here.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
From the second link provided - which answers this question:

Will Facebook End on March 15th? no of course not, it is just another one of those silly rumors spreading across the net, this time started of by the website, which of course then started spreading through twitter.

Mark Zuckerberg may be a little philanthropic from time to time with his cash, but he is not ready to throw in the towel and just close down the entire website that has a net worth of around $50 billion.

Source

So, the riddle is solved by the OPs own links!

~Heff

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
o m gizzy what on earth will i do without faycbjork?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join