It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giving up The Ego to become a slave...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Thank You,

The idea came as a momentary inspiration. Familiarity with some of the idea's of Sri Aurobindo and Pierre Teilhard de Chardin as well as various religious philosophies and their focus on behavior modification [and various techniques used] combined with the phenomena of evolution of man based on environmental necessity.

I haven't really thought about for a few years. If you start the thread i would graciously participate.

Kind Regards

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Abovo

Ok ...let me do some more research including the names you posted so I can put together something. I will send u a U2U once its up in the "Psychology Philosophy & Metaphysics" thread

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik

Originally posted by NorEaster
Everyone's a genius.

So, does that mean we dont even have to try to be intelligible?

Ha good one.

I needed to learn some truths concerning what sits out in the world as I prepare to deal with the active and passive resistance to what I've got in my bucket here, and you guys on the board have helped me out tremendously. I really do appreciate it.

Yesterday was the 2nd anniversary of my best friend's murder (she was attacked the evening before and died the next morning) and I probably should've just laid low for the day. It's always been tricky for me, since she died so badly and all. I apologize if I was rude in any of my reactions. My emotions weren't associated with the discussion, but as a corporeal human, I can be affected by spillover that occurs when stress is jacked like that in general. If I upset anyone, I'm sorry about that.

I've actually gained a lot in these exchanges, and have saved all of your posts off line for study and my own responses to them for possible future use. This overall effort is a marathon that I have just begun, and not a quick dash to a finish line. The human being has been undergoing thousands of years of belief structuring, and it'll take probably hundreds of years to correct that, if it's even possible. I'm just trying to get a ball rolling, and I have no real experience in even caring about what the various beliefs are that dominate this realm of inquiry. I certainly had no idea that there was such a wide range of views on the nature of reality itself. That may be where I need to start, and with a community of very disciplined critical thinkers. I found such an organization last night, and hopefully that will provide a foundation for further progression.

So thanks to all of you who taught me what I learned from this. I'm sorry if I seemed caustic, but you generally get a lot more from Internet folks if you push back against them. That much I do know from experience. It's been a valuable effort and I am grateful for the time and effort you all took to challenge me and my little notion here. I'll maintain a board presence if anyone has found themselves interested in this (apparently) novel approach to reality, and I can be contacted via U2U with any requests.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiForce

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Some people are welcome to their illusions regarding who they think they are, but when we realize that that's just a ROLE or ROLES we play, then the transcendant ego or the real person arises, from which there's freedom to be who and what we want to be. The spiritual path is one of liberation, not entrapment or control. Some people..

I believe the OP didn't know the difference between the Universal Self and the ego (mask or role we carry to function in a society). Besides, only ego cares about being happy and to do what we want to be happy....
The Universal Self does not care about who is being happy. However, you do feel joy when your action is motivated by this Universal Self. To become this Universal Self, you have to erase the ego and its infantile emotions and world perspective.
edit on 10-1-2011 by ChiForce because: (no reason given)

I dont know if I trust the "force". Yesterday people were making death threats to me, today, they are telling me they love me.

They can piss off.

The mass consciousness is satan taking over the earth. DENY DENY DENY. Dont let it fool you with supernatural tricks.

I hope anyone who this is happening to realizes they are being socially hypnotized with tricks. It tries to manifest itself as God, yet doesnt speak full truths.
edit on 16-5-2012 by strangedays because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I understand what you mean with this thread.

We should be faithful to what we want, our wishes, our will, we should know ourselves and be true to ourselves.

Of course...

The ego is something else, the ego makes you want to be better, superior, to other egos (my own definition)

We are all unique, each one of us is an individual fraction of the universal consciousness but we are all equally valuable, no one is better or worst than anyone, we are all different and unique and ultimately, we are all one....

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Although I don't fully agree with the OP, I must say, your ego is essential to your survival and a healthy existence. I think it is important to manage your ego and not get to caught up in material things, and hopefully not develop a super ego and become a mindless materialistic judgmental douche.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join