It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illness as a Marriott reward?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
'Just saw this news article about a local hotel where several people fell ill with "flu-like" symptoms and it prompted the Marriott staffers to call the Fire Department.

Here's the strange part...my fiance and I stayed at the same hotel, on the same floor about a year ago for Valentine's Day. After being in our room for an hour or so, we both fell ill with a high fever and chills. I remember that we were watching the Winter Olympics, shaking under all the blankets, and just could not get warm. We packed our stuff and went home.

The fever lasted for 4-5 days, on and off. It would seem to go away and then return with a vengeance. I remember having trouble breathing in the middle of night one night and being afraid I was going to die, but too ill to even get up, roll over, or make a phone call. My fiance was inthe same shape.

This was all followed by a nasty upper respiratory illness and a cough that lasted a week or more. The illness weakened us so much that it took us a solid month to get back to normal.

I should add that we are both extremely healthy. We eat well, we're athletes, and we're almost never sick.

Anyone have any thoughts or theories about this?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Found this article on the same page.

Click Here

Your symptoms sound pretty consistent. Also read this.

Click Here

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by belidged

Thanks, Belidged. We'll never know for ceertain if it was carbon monoxide poisoning but it sure sounds like it. I guess we should consider ourselves lucky to have gotten out alive.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The bed bugs in some of those big chain hotels can get pretty bad as well.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Ewww -- you're right! As morbid as it is, I always use the Bed Bug Registry to check for reports of the creepy crawlies before I go on a trip. Traveling 'aint what it used to be.

top topics

join