It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois pols want to raise state taxes by 75%.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

It does because the implementation calls for a front fee, in billions, for Illinois means raising taxes to fill their budget needs, this include the fees for Obama care also.

They are not alone my state, Ga, needs 1 billion dollars also to get started and this means this year just for the HCR alone, this doesnt' count the "other" financial obligations in the state.

Now you understand from where the tax raises at state level will come and the reason why.

edit on 7-1-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Weren't there something like 14 different tax increases with Obamacare? I remember there being so much in that bill that was toxic not only to states, but to individuals as well.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes, I have a detailed Lettle with all the taxes that will come from the states, after all it is the state the one that pays for most of the Medicare and Medicaid.

Taking into consideration that the Federal government is cutting on grants and aid to the states it is to the states now to finance their budgets, but with the growing unemployment and deficits the only way to get their money is raising taxes.

Illinois is not the only state already considering this, for many states like Ga is either to repeal the HCR bill or raise taxes.

Is not other choices.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

It does because the implementation calls for a front fee, in billions, for Illinois means raising taxes to fill their budget needs, this include the fees for Obama care also.

They are not alone my state, Ga, needs 1 billion dollars also to get started and this means this year just for the HCR alone, this doesnt' count the "other" financial obligations in the state.

Now you understand from where the tax raises at state level will come and the reason why.

Links please...I'd like to see some at least legitimate reporting outlining where IL or GA has to come up with a Billion dollars. I googled with no luck.

I do know that the CBO came out with a report yesterday saying that repealing it would add $230 Billion to the deficet.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Here are some of the new taxes, this estimates are for my state of GA, actually the middle class will be paying more in state taxes than the upper 200+ like Obama was promising, you can find out how much is going to cost to your state also.

The reconciliation bill provides $569 billion in new taxes, particularly affecting the small-business community. In order to fully enforce the provisions of this bill, the Internal Revenue Service estimates that it will be required to hire an additional 16,500 agents at a cost of $10 billion to the taxpayer.

HCR costs $2.5 trillion when fully implemented over 10 years, increases taxes, cuts Medicare by $465 billion, and does not bend the federal cost curve or the cost of overall health care to the citizens of the United States down.

The threshold to qualify for Medicaid will increase to 133% of the poverty level. According to the Joint Committee on Taxation, roughly 2.1 million Georgia households making less than $200,000 annually will pay higher taxes.

Individuals would be taxed a total of $8 billion for not purchasing insurance the government deems appropriate.

www.chambliss.senate.gov...

As you see Ilinois will not be the only state thinking about raising taxes.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The estimate 1 billion for Ga, from the source already posted,

For example, the threshold to qualify for Medicaid will increase to 133% of the poverty level. This will cost the state of Georgia an estimated $1 billion that will have to be offset through a tax hike, or cuts to public safety, education and other core services of state government. Also, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, approximately 176,000 Georgians enrolled in Medicare Advantage will have their benefits reduced. In addition, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation, roughly 2.1 million Georgia households making less than $200,000 annually will pay higher taxes.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Now I see a more underlying reason for the states to press a legal issue with Obamacare.

It's not so much the moral intrusions but a financial one. THAT I can understand from pols, even the ones who oppose it.

It appeals to my more cynical nature.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

As you see Ilinois will not be the only state thinking about raising taxes.

I asked for a legitimate source for the claim that HCR requires states to pony up 1B upfront.

I asked politely..

The link you provided is for Saxby Chambliss's website...a GOP Senator...and a corrupt one at that IMO.

Can you give me a news source? Or something besides BS some senator posted on his campaign site?

I wouldn't trust rhetoric from any campaign site... dem/gop or other.. as a legitimate source.

Again...the non-partisan CBO just released an analysis that repealing HCR would ADD 240B to the defecit. The same CBO that the GOP praised as honest and non-partisan when it said the original bill would cost money.
edit on 7-1-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I did read that they will lower the taxes back down in four years.

Hey, if the fools in Illinois believe that, they should elect some more Democrats to the government.

OH WAIT, they DID.

Burn baby burn. The Blue states will be going down in flames as they raise taxes and send the productive elsewhere. The entitlement class will grow and the trip down the drain will be exponential.

You know, being in a PREVIOUSLY blue state makes me happy. At least we were able to break the cycle. Maybe the other states will too, before they are 3rd world type states. I highly doubt it though.

Let me see, has anyone even heard that CANADA has lowered their corporate tax rate to about half of ours. Hmmm, hey Illinois businesses. Canada is looking pretty inviting nowadays. If that is too far, just head on up to Wisconsin. We were not idiots that elected more tyrants into office. The governor has said the first thing on the agenda is to increase the environment for business.

Come home to Wisconsin baby.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

You can call it anything you want, but Obama care means raise in taxes at state level to support it, my State finances are public and the estimate cost are real.

Now why don't you try and see how much is Obama care going to cost your state, after all is public knowledge only those that doesn't want to see will stay blind.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Well, I live in Illinois, and my family is seriously considering getting out!!!!!!!

The taxes are absolutely insane, the property values in my area have taken a huge nose dive, and everything else in our area is going downhill (supposedly our town is out of money).

I tried reading through the posts I didn't see anyone mention the additional one dollar tax on cigarettes. In Cook County a pack will run you around $8.15, it will be going up to 9.15ish per pack......insane.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

You can call it anything you want, but Obama care means raise in taxes at state level to support it, my State finances are public and the estimate cost are real.

Now why don't you try and see how much is Obama care going to cost your state, after all is public knowledge only those that doesn't want to see will stay blind.

I asked you for the State of GA numbers that you claimed and you directed me to BS that Senator Saxby said and his campaign website as a source.

If this information is as public and available as you claim then please provide a source other than some politician talking crap for political purposes.

I did Google IL and HCR costs etc. etc. NOTHING.

Now the CBO...a huge panel of accountants and experts selected by both parties and declared Non-Partisan by both parties have said the REPEAL of HCR reform would add 240 Billion to the decificet. Save the BS or provide evidence.

You saying it does not make it true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join