It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A newbie says 'hi', from north west UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Hi All,

We're supposed to introduce ourselves, so here goes.....

I'm from the north west of England, in the twilight of middle age (...I'm told!), and what you Earthlings call a 'male'
I have kids, and work in the Internet industry.

Been lurking here for many months now, a friend at work told me about ATS - and whilst I find many posts and subjects way too over my head, there are some that really hit home when I think of some 'events' in my life, some of them being very recent. I was going to mention a few of them here, but not sure if the intro section is the place? If it is, I'll post them here if anyone's interested?

One last thing; I do understand why people are sceptical about the whole UFO subject - I was one - and I really think the only way to 'see' the subject rationally is to witness some 'events' and decide for yourself. However, I do wonder sometimes........... we have so many cases that are proven 'beyond reasonable doubt' - by that, I mean that some cases have witnesses that have amazing credentials (pilots, police, etc etc), and if, say, they were to relay what they had seen as though it was a murder case, their 'evidence' would be allowed in court to reach a verdict - so, all the more reason why I'm determined to never doubt myself on this subject again (as I did when I saw my first unexplainable-as-'normal' sighting).

I look forward to mingling in the forums!

Peace

edit on 7-1-2011 by medillon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Hi medillion

New as well, happy mingling

my bad " medillon "
edit on 7-1-2011 by Pugnatious because: for not paying attention to users name

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Hi Medillon, I'm from the Republic Of Yorkshire, so i guess we are neighbours. You're going to have a lot of fun on this site mate. Enjoy !!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hey medillion! I just joined not long ago, and I too was a lurker.

Concerning ufo's, yeah, its something you have to see to truly take stock in it. But there is a lot of stuff out there that truly makes you think. I try to rationalize everything, but some things I've read are just unreal. Others are well, complete bull faeces.

As far as the truth goes, it appears to be right here. I haven't heard most of the things in the media that i have here.
And I'm talking about regular news, or odd event news. In Australia its pretty much this celeb was here doing this, then this guy kicked a ball, and it was hot today...but here you get some real news.

And the great thing is you get some really great opinions on said news.

Anyways as a fellow newcomer, I thought I'd say G'day!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by medillon

Ey up mi duck

Welcome to ATS, hope to see you around the boards

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Now then old cok (Yorkshire slang MODS, intentionally mis-spelled just in case they think I'm insulting you :lol

Hello from Leeds,

Enjoy ATS I know I do

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Hi mate,

North West of the UK myself, welcome and enjoy the site!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Hey there from the other side of the Penines in North Yorkshire ... sounds like you'll fit right in ... sorry for the somewhat rushed welcome but I was a little bit freaked when I saw that there is a member (also from Yorkshire) called 'Witchfinder' ... brings back all kinds of bad memories.

Anyhoo, I agree with the point you make about UFO's you really can't be 100% until you've experienced 1st hand ... and it's healthy to hold an element of scepticism I think. Looking forward to your contributions about your experiences.

Enjoy. Woody

CX

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Hi Medillon, welcome to ATS.

A southerner myself, but don't let that put you off the site.

Hope you have fun here, plenty to learn about. If you get stuck, just shout.

CX.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Hey fellow North-Western UK'er! With what seems several members living in the same region it leaves us open to have ATS meets and adventures

Enjoy your time here on ATS, and may it take up many hours of your life as it does mine!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Thanks to all for the welcome - no matter where you're from, a huge 'hi and g'day back at ya!

....Though I am surprised to see so many fellow northerners here - wonder if it has anything to do with the less-light-polluted skies (potentially easier to spot unusual activity)? and I mean for sightings, not because ET prefers the fresher air up here

@ Woodwitch: When you say, ".........Anyhoo, I agree with the point you make about UFO's you really can't be 100% until you've experienced 1st hand .........." I really believe that's the problem - on the one hand you can understand sceptics being, er, sceptical, and the other hand you have some that are prepared to believe anything they read. Problem I had, is that the first time I saw something and told people, it was 30 yrs ago, so the riducule and being labelled as a fruitcake was enough for me to doubt myself - and certainly, I soon learnt to keep my mouth shut! Now, with t'Internet, it's great to talk with those that have seen and believe in something that's accepted as a simple fact.

@ Jimbowsk: Morecambe Bay is roughly where I am - and when people told us we were in a UFO 'hot-spot' I thought they were joking. They weren't!

Once again, thanks all, and when I've figured out how to insert quotes life will be easier (I'm at work now, so no time to play...)

top topics

join