It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen gunman kills assistant principal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Teen gunman kills assistant principal

www.news.com.au

A TEENAGER opened fire at a high school in the US state of Nebraska, fatally wounding the assistant principal and forcing panicked students to take cover.

The gunman, who had attended the Omaha school for no more than two months, also wounded the principal before fleeing from the scene and fatally shooting himself in his car.

Authorities declined to speculate about why the suspect, identified as 17-year-old Robert Butler Jr, targeted the administrators.

Vice Principal Vicki Kaspar, 58, died at a hospital hours after the shooting, police said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Vice Principal Vicki Kaspar, 58, died at a hospital hours after the shooting, police said.

Principal Curtis Case, 45, was listed in stable condition.

Butler had transferred in November from a high school in Lincoln, southwest of Omaha.

In a rambling Facebook post filled with expletives, Butler warned on Wednesday that people would hear about the "evil" things he did and said the school drove him to violence.

This is terrible news sad to hear that this is occuring more often these days.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 7-1-2011 by q_ball because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on 7/1/11 by argentus because: ex tags.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
There are over six billion people on this planet. Considering that, I'm pleased at how often it doesn't happen.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
There was a 16 year old kid here before, asking for assistance in convincing his parents to buy him a handgun..

Just sayin'...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
The problem the authorities are going to have in identifying causative factors in this, and any similar case, is that in order to do what these lone gunmen do, they have to be suffering an imbalance of the mind of some degree. Unfortunately this means that reason has no place in thier actions, and "making sense" of thier conduct becomes a nonsense.
For instance, you have to have attained a level of complete and utter malice to be able to just draw out on, and shoot a defenseless educator, no matter how much of a douche they may be, I think thats pretty clear. So why is it , that someone so full of malice would take thier own life in thier car? Why not just kill your way out of the situation, then when the cops come for you, kill a bunch of them too? Oh so your daddy is a police man huh? Well screw that buddy , shoot him too while your at it! You're going to hell anyway right? Might as well do the job properly, rather than blowing your own head off like some whining little My Chemical Romance fan.
Dont get me wrong, I in no way advocate, enjoy, or empathise with this sort of violent behaviour. For one thing, using guns in a murder is a method for only the most pathetic of people. If you must kill for personal reasons you should use your hands , a knife, a garrotte , something which involves some effort. Something which gets you connected to your victim. For another, you have to be some kind of backward , sociopathic peice of walking filth to RANDOMLY kill a person. Its one thing being provoked to action in the heat of the moment. In that scenario I absolutely advocate terminal solutions to issues that may arise. Someone throws hands at you ? Break his neck! Someone pulls a knife on you, break his knees, then kick him as hard in the face as you can while hes on one knee, until either his skull breaks or his neck does. Absolutely justified as far as Im concerned. But you would have to be total scum, the worst of the worst, to just pull out a gun and shoot an unarmed, physicaly unthreatening , defenseless, and criminaly innocent person. But I think the worst crime in this is that the kid shot himself over it. Pathetic , moronic, and utterly weak.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

completely different kid, completely different place, completely different gun.

just sayin

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

My point was is that I don't think kids his age should have handguns.

Just sayin'

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Schools are not a safe - what a sad thing to have to say! A lot of adults shouldn't have guns and teens certainly shouldn't have them.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Schools are not a safe - what a sad thing to have to say! A lot of adults shouldn't have guns and teens certainly shouldn't have them.

Why shouldn't Adults have guns? Maybe if that Principal had a firearm, he could have shot this 17 year old right in the head before he killed the Assistant Principal.

I realize that may be a harsh thing to say about a 17 year old, but age makes little difference when there is a gun aimed at you by someone who wishes to do you harm.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I said a lot of adults, not all - those who have commited crimes, the mentally unstable if verified do not need guns. Maybe if the prinicpal had a gun it would have helped but not many expect a teen to come in the door and just shoot you.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

It's hard to react when a person shoots you unexpectedly. You can kill someone so easily with a pistol or rifle, and with the element of surprise = hell.

This is why I believe more laxed gun-control won't do anything for the crime rate. Some people use the argument that people will be more afraid to use their gun to hurt someone as they could get shot themselves, but people in that position don't really care most of the time.
edit on 7-1-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join