It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-CIA officer charged with leak to Times reporter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Ex-CIA officer charged with leak to Times reporter

www.msnbc.msn.com

The case involves the disclosure in Risen’s 2006 book, “State of War,” of a CIA program called “Operation Merlin.” Risen described it as a botched attempt under the Clinton administration to sabotage Iran’s nuclear program by giving flawed blueprints for key components to a Russian nuclear scientist who had defected. The idea was that the Russian scientist, who was covertly working for the CIA, would feed the flawed designs to the Iranians. But according to the book, the CIA’s efforts went awry when the scientist got nervous and instead tipped off the Iranians to the flaws in the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Ok I hardly ever post stories on ATS, i usually wait for someone else to post it cause I am too lazy, but I think this may be one that I want to take charge with.

So here we have this CIA guy who revealed information that the US gov was attempting to sabotage Irans nuclear program by handing out false information via a defected Russian spy, and the agent who provided the information gets charged. Then a whole bunch of mess ensues...read the story.

Here we can see clearly that the US Gov is involved in trying to hijack Iran and its activities, probably at the insistence of Israel.

If you get a chance, read the original comments at msnbc.com in the story and get a chance to add your input. It would be really interesting to educate some in the black people.

The US gov clearly doesn't want Iran to have its own self defense, that is a priority for them, because they want to invade them as part of the master plan for God knows what, but here is the evidence to the lengths that they will go to for such dominance in the middle east.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
The US gov clearly doesn't want Iran to have its own self defense, that is a priority for them, because they want to invade them as part of the master plan for God knows what,
I thought the concern was more that Iran might use the nukes for attack.

Israel might be one of the closest targets if that were to happen so sure, why shouldn't they be concerned?

I'm not sure anything is all that shocking about this story, though it's kind of a mess.

What makes you think Iran will be invaded? And if they are, I'm sure their nuclear program would be the excuse, I mean reason.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

the story is that "they will use nukes"

but the actual concern is that they do not want them to have the ability to defend themselves from US aggression.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Care to provide evidence the US is planning on invading? The phrase self defense btw when referring to Irans Nuclear program is invalid. Iran has stated their program is peaceful, and only for power generation. If the term self defesne is used, it would mean Iran is lying about their program and that it is in fact a weapons program.

Also, we only know whats being reported. How many times have we seen the new release that someone is being charged, then followed up by leaks and everything else under the sun that is not confirmable?

Lets wait for all of the info to come out before judging..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

here is the evidence to the lengths that they will go to for such dominance in the middle east.

This dominance is more than a middle east issue, it is global. Just have a look at how many countries America has a base in, it is around 150 - 200. The issue is megalomania and many have been crushed in establishing this presence. The government is run by corporations and banks, this is reflected in the laws that have been passed. This is not about democracy, but power, fear and absolute control. It is a long term plan to destroy the natural state of man, self determination for community sustainability.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Do you see how many bases are around iran, and that the us is saying about irans nuclear program, have you watched that bolton guy speak?

that is proof

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

The Iranians claim the nuclear program is for peaceful means which means nuclear energy, but if they develop weapons grade, what does that tell you? They lied and who knows what else they would do once they got the nukes.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

The Iranians claim the nuclear program is for peaceful means which means nuclear energy, but if they develop weapons grade, what does that tell you? They lied and who knows what else they would do once they got the nukes.

iran has never attacked anyone for thousands of years, and even if they get a nuke so what? everyone else has a nuke, it is used for self defense.

you know who else lies? your government, israel, obama, you name it.

once they get a nuke i bet you the enemies of iran will think differently about invading them

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Iran hasn't invaded anyone doesn't mean they aren't going to at all. Remember that they just smart to know they don't have the capability to invade the other countries until now when they get the nukes. They claim they are using nuclear as peaceful means, but you believe that they are also developing nukes based on your words because you know they ain't going to give up such capability. I'm afraid that Iran will nuke Israel as well as Saudi Arabia and other non-Persian countries in the ME. Iran seems to feel they own the region like for example the name of the Persian Gulf instead of Arabian and they were so outraged about it. Imagine that.

top topics

join