It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much do you put into predictions/prophecies? How far do you take it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This is a thread for those of you who 100% (or there about) believe in the doomsday predictions and the dates given for them. I'm just curious about a few things and thought about asking this question before, but didn't until now. There are so many predictions flying around out there, that I figured this would be the right time to ask.

For the rest of you, who don't believe in predictions, prophecies, etc., please be nice. I, myself, do not believe that anything extraordinary is going to happen on any of the dates given on ATS or anywhere else... I'm not even all that worried about Dec. 21, 2012, but I'd like to hear from the ones who do believe, so please refrain from berating, attacking, name calling, and/or otherwise disrespecting those who have opinions that differ from yours. Let's just all get along!

Now, as I said, there are a lot of dates on ATS right now. One is prediction for the "rapture," another is for an earthquake, a few think "2012" is going to be early, and then there's the big day, Dec. 21, 2012, itself. There are probably a few more that I've overlooked or can't remember.

So, those of you who whole-heartedly believe that something is for sure, without a doubt, going to happen on a specific date, how much stock do you put into it? I mean, do you keep the kids home from school and stay home from work, with your bug-out-bag at arms-reach? Or do you just go on about your day-to-day life and hope for the best? I remember reading somewhere (although my memory fails me where!) that some people even have drills, in preparation for what to do when TSHTF. Do you do this, depending on the situation? I ask these questions out of genuine curiosity and not to belittle anyone in any way at all. I know there are people on here who believe very strongly in much of the predictions and prophecies and I'm just curious as to how far you go with it.

Thanks and much appreciation!

edit on 1/7/2011 by gemineye because: spelling

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I look at the "prophets" track record... then draw an assumption whether or not it 'COULD' be simply logical forsight and a vivid imagination or not.

I have yet to find any 'prophets' that have 'predicted' any events that haven't been deliberately 'envisioned' or moulded into the interpretation of the event that was predicted.

I do however, believe that the possiblity exists that prophets exists and some 'prophecy' is correct. (hopi, or maya for example)

I lean toward prophecy that has some fact as well as history behind it. Typically the correct 'prophecy' have come from people in 'direct contact' with others "from above" .

Good day ats.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
This is a thread for those of you who 100% (or there about) believe in the doomsday predictions and the dates given for them.

I don't think this thread is directed at me but will comment anyway. I read predictions and prophecies and find most of them interesting. I believe that in order to be informed in any subject one has to at least educate themselves to all of the differing views of a subject. Predictions and prophecies are a good example of this. If people didn't read and discuss them, then how would we ever know if one or more of them were coming true? You have to admit that there is at least a very small possibility that at least one of them could come true, right?

It doesn't mean that I "believe" in them, just that it is information that could be useful in the future.

join