It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did giant storks once dine on hobbits?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by MemoryShock

Christian Science Monitor is actually a very reputable publication that does not promote any dogma at all.

Thanks for your reply. My first impulse was to make the same reply, but then I decided it would just be a waste of my time and an open invitation for argument. I have found that people who make these kinds of vehement anti-religion posts are typically unreasonable to begin with. They look for any opportunity to make a stabbing remark.

Normal person: "I like tortilla chips"
Unreasonable anti-reglious person: "Jesus would have eaten tortilla chips if he existed. Which he didn't. Booyah."
Normal person: "Uh, okay. So like I said, I like tortilla chips and I especially like them with salsa."
Unreasonable anti-religious person: "People who eat salsa with their tortilla chips are stupid because Jesus would have eaten them if he even existed....which he didn't...and people who believe in God are ignorant because Darwin is god because he invented tortilla chips."
Normal person: "Wha...? You're not even making any sense. All I said was that I like to eat chips and salsa. That's it."
Unreasonable anti-religious person: "You think the world is flat because you eat flat tortilla chips like Jesus would have if he existed...which he didn't...and you don't believe in evolution because you think salsa was created in 7 days."
Normal person: "I don't eat tortilla chips because I think the world is flat. I eat 'em because they taste good. Everybody knows the world isn't flat. I'm not an idiot."
Unreasonable anti-religious person: "Aaaaggghhhh!!! What is it with you people?!? You are the ruin of civilization! The world is billions of years old, don't you get it?"
Normal person: "What the h3ll are you babbling about? Are we even having the same conversation?"

And so on and so forth.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Haven't studied this very deeply but It makes sense that legends of storks and Hobbits may have started with the stork aiding in the natural selection process somewhere.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Isn't that an oxymoron ?

Chistian science ?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by stupid girl

in new zealand (extinct now) we had the words biggest hawk
and i mean really big
could eat a man (real sized one) and not just a hobit
not kidding

Almost there, but it was actually an eagle: www.stuff.co.nz... ealand-skies

en.wikipedia.org...

www.plosbiology.org... pbio.0030009

I am fortunate to work in the same institution Dr Holdaway and have even accompanied him on a Moa dig in North Canterbury.

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by stupid girl

lol @ sgirl
we had a creature called a moa
they are really funny looking birds and some were 20 foot hight

xp

Oh hell, I'm sorry, but you're just plain wrong and a simple search would have given you the correct information:

The largest moa, the two female Dinornis species were the tallest birds on Earth - 6 feet tall at the top of their back. Paleoecologists no longer think the giant long necked moa normally stood erect (as shown right it would have reached 4 m [13 ft] in height). It is now thought that moa had a more horizontal neck posture, however, it could have reached up to 3 metres to graze on trees. Skeletal remains show that they were built like some dinosaurs.

www.terranature.org...
edit on 17-1-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join