It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did giant storks once dine on hobbits?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Giant storks may have hunted a hobbit-like species of humans discovered in Indonesia, say scientists. The giant storks, now extinct, were about six feet tall and carnivorous.
Link

Could you imagine being eaten alive by a gigantic stork?!?
I guess you would have to imagine that you were a hobbit first.

edit on 6-1-2011 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
They may be able to survive orcs, dragons, armies of evil, power-hungry wizards, and long quests to destroy pieces of jewelry; but when it comes to Storks, hobbits have finally met their match.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

LMAO

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

No sh*t, eh? Article says they first thought they were some sort of raptor before they officially classified them as storks.
Cuz, you know, stork is the next logical conclusion to deadly man-eating raptor.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Well the pencil drawing certainly provides compelling and difficult to refute evidence, hang on a minute and I will make a crayon drawing of a 12 foot kitten that will shock the scientific community to its core

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well New Zealand did have the Moa en.wikipedia.org... , and we all know Hobbits come from N.Z.

But the local Maori killed off every single Moa ( all 11 species , because they are so in touch with the land ??? ) so we can have Hobbit movies.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I think you will find that this picture ends the debate once and for all

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
Well New Zealand did have the Moa en.wikipedia.org... , and we all know Hobbits come from N.Z.

But the local Maori killed off every single Moa ( all 11 species , because they are so in touch with the land ??? ) so we can have Hobbit movies.

Don't forget, it's THEIR land. They can do what they want.

Even though they seem to forget they'd all be dead too, if it wasn't for the treaty lol

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

From the Sourced Article
The extinct predator could have fed on fishes, lizards and birds, "and possibly in principle even small, juvenile hobbits, although we have no evidence for that," she said.

No evidence and from a Christian Journal...-Yawns-

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I think you will find that this picture ends the debate once and for all

That is so funny, that if I weren't already married, I'd ask you to marry me.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

According to the best scientific sources, Homo floresiensis (hobbits to their friends) became hobbits because there were no predators on the island of Flores to keep them from growing smaller, weaker and generally less fit as a result of genetic drift. Meaning, there were no predators to weed out the weaklings.

Stupid girl has got it all wrong. It was the storks that carried the hobbits to Flores in the first place.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

LOL i love this pic!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Maybe hobbits were just dwarfs. Real dwarfs, like the ones they used in the Wizard of Oz. And if some family had a dwarf baby, they were sent to live in the dwarf colony with the other dwarfs. And eventually all the dwarfs kept reproducing and getting rid of the non-dwarfs. Everyone else called them 'hobbits'.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Well, we all know that birds are notorious for dropping their "prey", especially if it's squirming. I wonder if this is where the myth of "where babies come from" came from?

"Hey honey, where'd that baby come from??"

"The stork dropped it this morning!"

....and now....you know the REST of the story!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

in new zealand (extinct now) we had the words biggest hawk
and i mean really big
could eat a man (real sized one) and not just a hobit
not kidding

xploder
ps your threads are always entertaining s+f

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Thanks XPLodER, you're the bomb.
Ha ha, bet you never heard that one before.

I've never heard of the killer NZ hawk, but I don't doubt it for a second. Birds of prey are some bad-a$$ mofo's. I would never want to find myself in a dark alley with one of normal size, much less with a HOUS (hawk of unusual size....har har har....)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

lol @ sgirl
we had a creature called a moa
they are really funny looking birds and some were 20 foot hight
some of these "moa" are also smaller
and some have suggested the smaller ones may have fallen prey to the large native hawk
which proberly means the hawk could pick up a man (or woman) and fly with them in their claw
talk about a bad situation

with such wit you should change your name to funny girl
xp

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Christian Science Monitor is actually a very reputable publication that does not promote any dogma at all.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Not every little person couple has a little person baby. Odds are increased, but not 100%

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Well, it's obvious why those Hobbits went extinct...they had no genitals (unless that's a female Hobbit, in which case they went extinct because no male would want to mate with such an ugly female).
edit on 1/7/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join