It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$3.50 a gallon: proof that the wars we fight are for oil companies and saudi-royals, not for us.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
outside link

So we aren't supposed to "sweat" $3.50 gas prices according to the above link. ummm...

Well, since most Americans are living ight on the edge, in a dying economy and a culture perverted by financial elites, we actually do care.

It is suggested "we drive less"... Problem solved. Alternatively, we could all just walk. That would work too.

Supposedly, the big secret is out. We went to war in Iraq for oil, right? That makes it easy to understand. Its just our government protecting us, making sure America and Americans have the best, making sure Americans have enough oil for the future. right? Nope. Nope. No.

Yes, we did go to war with Iraq to capture all that oil. But no, we did not do it for America or the American people. The proof is in the pudding - gas prices. The clear and obvious reason we went to war [besides the fact that Bush and the illuminati are insane], is for multinational corporations: corporations that hold no loyalty to Americans... oil corporations to be exact - oil corporations that have posted record profits while gas prices have nearly doubled in the few years since the war "ended".

So we captured all that oil to protect Americans so that gas prices could double and financially cripple American families so that Saudi princes and third world oil cartels can get rich off impoverishing us. Aha! There it is.

If most of the 911 terrorists were Saudis, and if Saudi royals were to get rich by taking food from the mouths of American children, should we not go to war to protect the American people from becoming wage slaves to a foreign country? No. Nope. No.

We go to war so the financial elite can profit and consolidate power over us and their one-world for rich peeps.. NOT for the American people. If it had been for us, after capturing all that Iraqi oil, wouldn't Americans benefit from lower gas prices? Didn't we attack Iraq for the oil? Didin't we win? Didnt gas prices DOUBLE since then.

Watch as American families are crippled for oil corporations and the disgusting Saudi elites. And watch our governement do NOTHING..NOTHING...NOTHING to protect the American consumer from this rape by foreigners and corporations. We went to war for those foreigners and corporations. We die for them. We pay them our last free penny. Thats why we went to war in Iraq.

The traitors have betrayed us all in the name of lies and inner-ugliness.

edit on 6-1-2011 by urmenimu2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2011 by urmenimu2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Here in Oz today I paid approx $AU1.33 for a litre of petrol.
This converts to approximately $AU5 per gallon.

The AU and US dollars are roughly at parity so as you can see, we already are, and have been for a while now, paying up to $US5 per gallon for fuel.

In fact, I'd be more than happy to be paying the much lower $US3.50 / $AU3.50 per gallon ... consider yourselves fortunate !
edit on 6/1/11 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
You pay nearly half what we pay in the UK for fuel so I can't feel too sorry for you at the moment.

Nearly 80% of that price is tax.

edit on 6-1-2011 by Namaste1001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
3.20 here is s llinois.

my neighbor was just evicted from their home..10 minutes ago..it's freezing rain right now..so I don't think anyone gives a # about anything anymore...
(((

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Despite popular belief, we did not go to war for oil nor do we get our oil from Iraq.

US Oil Imports
The top five exporting countries accounted for 69 percent of United States crude oil imports in October while the top ten sources accounted for approximately 85 percent of all U.S. crude oil imports. The top five sources of US crude oil imports for October were Canada (1,840 thousand barrels per day), Mexico (1,178 thousand barrels per day), Saudi Arabia (1,114 thousand barrels per day), Venezuela (887 thousand barrels per day), and Nigeria (812 thousand barrels per day). The rest of the top ten sources, in order, were Colombia (400 thousand barrels per day), Angola (311 thousand barrels per day), Algeria (259 thousand barrels per day), Kuwait (215 thousand barrels per day), and Ecuador (203 thousand barrels per day).

And for those who care, historical oil import data can be found here.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I cannot think of One war that we have fought for us.
If you think of one share it with us.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
I cannot think of One war that we have fought for us.
If you think of one share it with us.

Revolutionary War, Northwest Indian War, Franco-American War, First Barbary War, War of 1812, Mexican-American War, American Civil War, Spanish-American War, Philippine-American War, WWII we joined in response to the bombing of Pearl Harbor so it began for us.. There are a few more, not including rebellions and skirmishes where war wasn't technically declared, but I figured that was enough.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
We are helping the Saudi's build Dubai into a high priced resort for te rich. When the oil runs out, they will have tourism to help with the offset. It is a joke how our government is in bed with the major oil companies? Nobody in our government has the baLLs to stand up and say ENOUGH. Yes we put them in office, as soon as they see all of the lobbiests with the green they ALL become corrupt to something they had campaigned about to Help the people that put them in their positions.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Ohh if only you knew how expensive petrol prices were in the UK. £1.30 a litre in some places!

As a comparison (roughly): $3.50 a gallon would be $0.77 a litre? According to xe.com (money conversion website) that works out at £0.49 per litre!!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I pledge allegiance, to the United Corporations of America, and to the Saudis, for their desert oil sands. One nation , under Faud, invisible to liberty, and no justice at all.............

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Ya know,i wondered myself why they are building those things like crazy and leave them half empty...seems like they are waiting for the Elite from America to move there

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Despite popular belief, we did not go to war for oil nor do we get our oil from Iraq.

US Oil Imports
The top five exporting countries accounted for 69 percent of United States crude oil imports in October while the top ten sources accounted for approximately 85 percent of all U.S. crude oil imports. The top five sources of US crude oil imports for October were Canada (1,840 thousand barrels per day), Mexico (1,178 thousand barrels per day), Saudi Arabia (1,114 thousand barrels per day), Venezuela (887 thousand barrels per day), and Nigeria (812 thousand barrels per day). The rest of the top ten sources, in order, were Colombia (400 thousand barrels per day), Angola (311 thousand barrels per day), Algeria (259 thousand barrels per day), Kuwait (215 thousand barrels per day), and Ecuador (203 thousand barrels per day).

And for those who care, historical oil import data can be found here.

you are way to sane and rational to be in these forums, but i agree with you 100% , iraqs oilrights were done by bidding and sorry to tellthe uninformed in this thread but the u.s didn't recieve them.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Gixxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
as someone who pays more the 1.30 euro on a regular basis for a liter of petrol thanks to the wars in the middle east i feel a bit dumbfonded when looking at you "yanks" moaning about petrol prices ,

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It's not about where the oil is coming from, it's who profits from the sale of it. Iraq's neighbors have their oil nationalized so no companies profit of it, and have for 30 years or so. So the Bush Administration decided to draft Iraq's oil law for them. What it states is that 2/3 of the 112 billion proven barrels, it may be as high as 220 billion go to the Big Four, Exxon, Chevron, BP, and Royal Dutch Shell. The oil is overseen by the Iraqi Federal Oil and Gas Council, with which oil representatives may sit. It also does not require these companies to employ, or share drilling technologies with Iraqi's in any sense.

These deals are all stated in production service agreements, or PSAs. These have lives of up to 40 years, and contain what are called stabilization clauses that immunizes these agreements from any and all Iraqi legislation. For example, if a future Iraqi government wanted to introduce a minimum wage and an oil company was employing Iraqis and this effected the company's profit, the government would have to reimburse the company for their lose in profits, or the law would not apply to them.

The US Ambassador to Iraq Zalmay Khalilzad said, "This constitution was cooked up in an American kitchen not an Iraqi one." (www.alternet.org...) This also has the potential to shift the balance in power between these oil companies and OPEC. This has been an objective of big oil for decades. As long as OPEC has control of a majority of the worlds oil, they have the US by the....well you know.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by urmenimu2

And just because the price of oil is low, doesn't mean that gas is going to be low. Depends on the refineries; if they aren't keeping up with demand, gas supplies will be low and the price high.

Do everyone a favor and drop the "We went to Iraq for oil" statement. It's so wrong it's not funny. If that were the case, we'd have stopped the war after overrunning the oil fields on the first days of the war.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
as someone who pays more the 1.30 euro on a regular basis for a liter of petrol thanks to the wars in the middle east i feel a bit dumbfonded when looking at you "yanks" moaning about petrol prices.

Yeah, our prices suck in the US, but I don't complain too much when compared to the price of gas in Europe, etc.

You guys are getting hosed. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jetman44

I watch international house hunters and one show was about a teacher moving there (Dubai) from USA.
She got a 65K allowance for housing. Most places are filled within a day of the previous tenant moving out. The real estate goes so fast that she didn't really have time to make up her mind about which place she wanted.

God did that place look awesome. I don't know much about it other than what was said on that show..but my god ever single place in that city looked immaculate. The realtor said the average citizen has a worth of 17 million dollars. She also went on and on about how they want the VERY best schools in the world and the best this and best that.
If I had the cash I might consider moving there!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

not only has our petrol prices sky rocketed , the U.S lobby machine went over here and "convinced" us to buy your
over produced corn for ethanol petrol, ...

petrol which burn at a such high temp that its distined to burn a gasket or set you on fire when tanking ,

i mean i just dont get it any more ,

you over produce corn for some dumb reason while you should be farming food,
you dont use it your self but you sell it abroad even thou there is no market for it here,
we are in a sence being forced to bring that heavily ethanol based petrol because of
global warming scare mongering into our daily rutine,

im just so pissed i cant even type words or formulate meanings when thinking about the share size of this global scam ,

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001
You pay nearly half what we pay in the UK for fuel so I can't feel too sorry for you at the moment.

Nearly 80% of that price is tax.

edit on 6-1-2011 by Namaste1001 because: (no reason given)

dont feel sorry for us. we feel sorry for you. the UK is the world leader in loss of freedom and big government in the western world. period.

congrats?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
3.20 here is s llinois.

my neighbor was just evicted from their home..10 minutes ago..it's freezing rain right now..so I don't think anyone gives a # about anything anymore...
(((

i give a # when one of our people are kicked into the streets because of a system of slavery instead of a system of culture.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join