It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Your Pets Sense The Paranormal?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I rescued the cutest little puppy a few months ago. I was thinking how I'd love to have a dog for my house, and even told a few friends how badly I wanted a puppy. About a week later, when my sister in law was dropping her son off at school, this little puppy ran up and jumped in her car. She knew how badly I wanted a pup, and after no one claimed it, it had no collar, and no microchip, we figured it was meant to be. I brought Jackie (the puppy) home, and she has been the sweetest dog anyone could ask for. No problems what so ever.

Anyways, if you've read my other threads, you'll see that I'm no stranger to the paranormal. I have seen/experienced things my entire life, and have MANY stories that would give you goosebumps. With that being said, I dont know for certain about ghosts or inter-dimensional beings what not. All I know is Ive had many BAD experiences with "something," and have never felt any positive energy from whatever it is that inconsistently shows up in my life from time to time. I used to be TERRIFIED as a child, but as an adult I just feel more annoyed when weird stuff happens as its usually at night (around 3am) and it disrupts my sleep.

Back to my story. Little Jackie slept in the kitchen on a little doggie bed for the first several weeks until she was housebroken. Since its been rather chilly at night here lately, (well, chilly for So Cal
) I have been letting her sleep with me. She sleeps like a baby throughout the night, and doesnt bother me whatsoever.

Prior to getting the dog, I had been having "visitations" at night off and on. This would comprise of me waking up for no apparent reason in the middle of the night feeling like someone was in my room watching me with ill intent. Like I said, Ive kind of grown accustomed to this, and generally I just sit up, grab my .45 off the nightstand and make sure there isnt someone actually alive creeping around, then I just say something like "ahh leave me alone" and I roll over and go back to sleep. Sometimes its worse than others.

The other night while me and my girlfriend were out chatting over dinner, she casually asked how I'd been doing with the whole night visitation thing, and if it'd been happening lately. (She has slept with me in my bed in multiple residences and has experienced it with me, and knows its not fun) I thought about her question and realized that nothing had happened since I started sleeping with the dog. She was happy to hear that and even remarked that maybe now she could sleep over more often

A few days passed, and everything was fine until two days ago. It started around 9:30pm. Me and my friend Kris were sitting in my living room playing a new PS3 game, when all of the sudden we heard a loud thump on the roof. This wasnt some bird or cat, this sounded like someone dropped an anvil on my roof. Then we heard what sounded distinctly like a mans footsteps walk across the roof and stop near the edge. Me and Kris were looking at each other in silence, with very confused expressions. Jackie had been sleeping on the floor and she was now wide awake with her ears perked straight up, staring up at the ceiling.

After sitting there for a minute desperately searching my brain for a reasonable explanation, we decided we better go outside and check it out. I grabbed my 12 gauge pump (after being victim to a home invasion, I'm paranoid), Kris grabbed a butcher knife from the kitchen and a flashlight, Jackie led the way with her nose. We went out my back door and looked up at the roof. There was nothing there that we could see other than a few crows poking around. We walked the perimeter of the house, scratching our heads, thinking there MUST be some simple explanation. Jackie seemed on edge and kept wanting to go back in the house. I figured she was just cold, and let her run back inside. We decided to call it a night, and Kris went home.

I was laying on the couch just watching tv, winding down, when Jackie suddenly jumped up and went haywire.
She was looking towards the back door, barking, growling, and tensing up in attack mode. Her eyes were huge like she was looking at something out of the ordinary. She is the sweetest dog, and in fact this was the first time I had ever heard her bark since I rescued her. She NEVER barked, at anything, EVER, until now. She was barking so vicious and intense, I started getting worried that someone was actually in my yard that wasnt supposed to be there. I turned on all the lights in the back yard and there was nothing there. But she was still going crazy! I kept asking her "whats wrong girl? what do you see?!" She just kept looking at me, then looking back at the door, almost in an attempt to say to me in frustration "there's danger, how can you not see?" I kept scanning the backyard, expecting to see a raccoon or a opossum or something. Nothing was there. She kept looking at the same spot, barking and growling, showing her teeth, until finally she gave out a yelp and turned and ran so fast, jumped into my arms and hid her face, whimpering and crying. I felt so bad for her, she seemed like she was traumatized. I realized this was not the way she acted when she got excited over a squirrel or a cat or something, and like I said, she never barked before.

It took me several hours and a few treats to finally calm her down enough so we could go to bed. As we walked to my bedroom, I noticed her staring the whole time, back to the spot that freaked her out. She refused to turn her back on that area. We stopped in the kitchen so she could drink from her water bowl and she had to drink facing the direction of the back door. We went to bed as usual, and nothing further happened that night.

Last night was normal except for the fact that I came home from work and all of my fish were dead. ( I had about a dozen, and they all died suddenly) Everything seemed ok with Jackie, as she no longer feared the back door. We went to bed around 1am. I was suddenly woken up by Jackie freaking out. The first thing I noticed was the room was unbearably cold. I looked up half asleep, and saw her standing at the edge of the bed, growling, super tensed up, and staring at the corner of my bedroom. I grabbed my gun off my nightstand on the off chance that maybe just maybe this time there was a burglar in my house. That would explain the cold, if a person had let themselves in through a window or something. I let my eyes adjust to the light and quickly realized there was nothing there. But I did feel a sense of tension in the air, it felt thick, like the air was charged with negativity. Jackie kept staring at the corner, growling. I grew irritated and told her to shut up and go to sleep. She looked back at me, but refused to stop.

Thats when I realized the corner was darker than the rest of the room.

My room was dark, but the corner was blacker than black if that makes sense. I realized that normally at night I could make out the silhouettes of my fishing rods and hockey sticks that I had leaning upright in that specific corner. This time I could not.

I started to get freaked out and turned to my nightstand to turn on my lamp. Right next to my lamp sits my alarm clock, the time read "3:28am," but I remembered it was set 10 minutes fast. When my hand finally reached the lamp switch, I saw out of the corner of my eye the shadow vacate its corner. It was probably less than a second, but it felt like time stood still. I saw the very distinct outline of a man with a type of top hat, long coat/cape on. I could make out what looked like a skinny, long face with a goatee. It appeared to me looking directly at me as it casually strode out of the room faster than any human could casually move. I felt a horrible sinking feeling, followed by a wonderful relief when I realized whatever it was had gone, and took with it the horrid thick negative air. Jackie in her infinite wisdom jumped off the bed and gave chase. She came right back, crying, whimpering, trembling, and desperately trying to get on the bed and under the covers. We spent the rest of the night laying there wondering what the hell just happened.

If you've made it this far, I have to thank you for being extremely patient and reading my story. I've never had a dog act like that before, although I have seen cats freak out at stuff that wasnt there.... My question to all of you is: Has anyone ever experienced something similar like this? Am i just over reacting? Perhaps there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for all this? Do any of you have pets that seem to alert you to threats that dont exist?

I just feel bad for my poor lil puppy

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Anytime I go into deep meditation, I sometimes open my eyes and my cat is in front of me giving me a dear and headlights look. lol

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Something in animals makes them more connected to there primitive selves.

There most definitely is something in animals that we do not acknowledge. Not talking about your story per say, but we all know there are stories about them we cannot answer with what we know.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mertez

My huskies tend to insist coming closer to me whenever Im doing my YOga sessions.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

Very interesting.....yeah, I once had a dog but she passed away 4 years ago. She does bark at times for no apparent reasons but she was never frightened in anyway. Anyway, try to do a search here for the "top hat man." Yours wasn't the first sighting....

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm not sure if you recall this news story from about a week ago, but apparently a cat can sense death, and only befriends those about to die. If they can sense that, then it leads me to believe that they can sense other things as well. Maybe, certain animals can sense certain things, and looks like your pup is sensing something unusual...
Anyways here's the link.....
a11news.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mertez
Anytime I go into deep meditation, I sometimes open my eyes and my cat is in front of me giving me a dear and headlights look. lol

I do wonder what would happen when you are mediating and up to your crown chakra. Kundalini or Chi energy is running through you which opens up the connection between you and the spirit world. If an animal is present, would it react in an unpredictable way???

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

An interesting idea.

I think animals tend to go off energy rather than words as a way to understand each other. In that respect maybe they do have a better sense than us whenever the energy changes around them for better or for worse

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiForce

Very interesting.....yeah, I once had a dog but she passed away 4 years ago. She does bark at times for no apparent reasons but she was never frightened in anyway. Anyway, try to do a search here for the "top hat man." Yours wasn't the first sighting....

I have done some research on that phenomenon or whatever it is, and its creepy to think this is something people have seen for a long time all over the world....

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Interesting subject.

I often wonder if animals can sometimes see or sense things that we cannot, or perhaps sense the same things we can. I remember vividly a period of time back in the early 90's when we went through a lot of strange events in the apartment I am still in. At the time I still had my good friend Zeus, a Doberman I had taken in who became my constant companion and best friend.
Anyhoos.... this may be a bit long but the events were numerous... here goes.

1. The moving objects. A lot of the events started out at first with a sort of playful, benign theme. Things would move by themselves and there was often a feeling that there was someone or something in apartment, which was often picked up by Zeus. He could be lying down dozing when he'd suddenly snap awake, get up and look fixedly down the corridor from the lounge. Even though we were the only ones in at the time (I shared the apartment with my younger brother and a friend), he sensed somrthing and so did I. The two most memorable times things moved were a workmans roadsign - a triangular sheet metal sign in a metal frame which for no reason started to vibrate slightly, building to a rattle, then suddenly stopping. All three of us and Zeus were in the room at the time watching tv but zeus had stood up and was staring at the corner of the room with the sign before anything happened.
The second time something moved, a week or so after the road sign rattling, I was alone in apartment, sitting in brothers bedroom waiting for a taxi - his room faced the street so I sat there in the dark waiting for it to arrive. He had a set of handcuffs hanging around one of the bedposts - don't ask... I never did! - and all of a sudden they swung violently around and around the post. Although I was sitting there on the side of the bed, perhaps only a yard away, I didn't feel any fear and started laughing. Moments later the taxi arrived and I left.

2. The scary stuff. A few weeks after the strange events started there was sudden lull, then they took a rather sinister turn. One evening while alone with Zeus, I went to visit the bathroom and got as far as the lounge door and stopped. There was a sudden feeling of anxiety and fear and the hairs on the back of my neck were on end. Although it was daylight and I could see all the way down the corridor and there was nothing there, at least not visible, I could not take another step. Zeus was tucked up behind my knees looking around my legs and cowering but not making a sound. Needless to say, I backed off and went and sat down again. A few minutes later I just got up and went straight through without a second thought. This happened perhaps a half dozen times over several weeks. Some time later I discovered that the very same had happened a few times to both my brother and our friend. None of us had bothered to mention it to each other for fear of endless ribbing.

3. The final act. Perhaps 3 months after the events first started, they came to an abrupt end with another rather disturbing episode. It was a hot summer night, just starting to get dark and I was sitting by the open balcony door and Zeus, as usual, was lying curled up alseep next to me. That side of the apartment looks out onto an open field which slopes down steeply towards the town centre with a bank of trees (heavily foliaged) just to the right, blocking any view of that side of the field further than about 20 yards away. All of a sudden Zeus snapped awake and almost jumped to the open balcony door and went outside and immediately his hackles came up and he started a low growl. I got up and looked out and could see nothing in the direction he was looking as it was shielded from view by the trees. I grabbed his collar and dragged him back in and he pulled all the way in a very agitated state. I shut the door and he remained at my side looking out the window, hackles still up and still growling loudly. After another minute or so a guy appears from under the treeline having walked up the field and as soon as he cleared the trees I could see his eyes were looking directly at us, a very definite sneer on his face. I can tell you now, that got my hackles up too and the old feeling of anxiety and fear returned. The guy never took his eyes off us until he disappeared round the corner and out of view. Zeus did not see him approaching as he was asleep at the time and the trees were blocking the view, but there was something he sensed, something that unsettled him greatly. After that final episode there was never another event at the apartment - I am still here having lived alone for the last 9 years and thankfully it's remained quiet.

So there you go... a spooky story for bedtime.
The upshot I guess is that yes, I strongly believe animals can and do sense things that can have an unsettling effect on them. The way Zeus reacted to the unknown guy was completely out of character as he was well known locally as a great big softie and NEVER showed any aggression, let alone barked at anyone (except the local cats who just stared at him without bothering to move).

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Wow, that's pretty intense! I've had experiences like that too..
My house is the oldest in the area where I live, and myself, my mother and a few of my friends have all experienced many strange things here. (I'm 18 now, and it's been happening for about 5 years).
Anyway, back to the pets subject. I remember once, my mum and I both started feeling strange, as if something was around us that shouldn't be and we looked at each other at the same time. Then out of no where, my dog jumped off the bed, ran in to the middle of the lounge room, looked up at the ceiling and started barking and growling. We went to look at what he was barking at, but there was nothing there.
A few months later, all of a sudden, my cat ran towards a wall, started hissing and scratching it.
I went over to see if there was a shadow or a light or something there, there wasn't. But as soon as I got there I felt an overwhelming feeling of, well, intensity and darkness. It freaked me out.
There's a few more occasions like this but I wont post them, because they're all pretty much the same kind of thing.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

That was an interesting story, and I thank you for sharing. I'm glad to hear that you haven't had any troubles lately.

So who was that guy that came out of the trees? Some prowler, transient? Or just some drunk walking home and looking for trouble? Either way, its times like that where I'm thankful for having a dog to give you the haeds up

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Wow-thats a twisted story! poor puppy (and poor you!)

I fully believe animals can sense the paranormal. Its part of the sixth sense that most of us humans have lost. I have a presence in my house that both me and my kids have seen but it isnt anything threatening. I think my cats play with it in the night, but like I say it is non -threatening and so doesnt bother us.
Personally, and this is only my opinion, but I believe that cats are our spiritual guardians and can pretect us from evil spirits (hence the link to witchcraft) dogs too, but i see them as more of a guardian in this realm against physical threats. I always feel spiritually safe when my cats about.

An old flat that I lived at bout 8 years ago was a bit creepy. I was there on my own one night, my flatmate was staying with her boyfriend. I had not long turned out the lights and was just settling down to sleep when I heard pots and pans rattling in the kitchen. I was a bit weirded out and was thinking about getting up to go and check, then i heard footsteps walking up the corridor towards my room. both the cats who were on my bed just froze and stared at the door. I, of course, hid under the covers (LOL) I had the feeling of being watched for a couple of minutes then it just went. the cats were still sat up staring at the door, then both lost interest and settled again. I just buried my head in the covers and forced myself to go to sleep. It never happened again though.

Now, if I hear any strange noises, I check what my cats reactions are. If they are not bothered then its probably nothing, but if your pet reacts to something you have sensed then it probably is something paranormal.

OP, it sounds like she was meant to come to you, I love stories like this when animals turn up into your lives like its just meant to happen! Maybe she has come into your life to support you spiritually through these visitations that you have. Interesting that you say it has happened less since pup arrived!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm totally a believer in animals seeing paranormal entities that aren't necessarily visible. I grew up in a "haunted" house. The entity was somewhat playful, but at times there was a sense of "heaviness" in different areas of the house. My dog, a 1 year old doberman at the time, would sit at the edge of my bed and growl, low and gutteral, whilst watching something flit about my room. Sometimes she would do this for hours. Straight-up freee-kay.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluegrassconspirator
I'm totally a believer in animals seeing paranormal entities that aren't necessarily visible. I grew up in a "haunted" house. The entity was somewhat playful, but at times there was a sense of "heaviness" in different areas of the house. My dog, a 1 year old doberman at the time, would sit at the edge of my bed and growl, low and gutteral, whilst watching something flit about my room. Sometimes she would do this for hours. Straight-up freee-kay.

Im glad that Im not the only one!

Thats exactly what my dog was doing, edge of the bed, low gutteral growling. Its freaky to say the least.

It makes me really want to experience whatever it is they're seeing or feeling, even though its probably for the best that we cant see these things, whatever they are.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

my pitbull used to be able to sense extra-dimensional or aliens that are constantly around me aswell mainly it was at night but he'd bark and raise hell at nothin...one night i said a few chant words and instantly felt a presence my dog hades backed up against my legs sat down on my feet and growled at nothing...

but trust when i say i felt a very weird presence! they are extensions of our third eye pets are! they are more in tune with consciousness then we are! so they can see the paranormal! jus like children can!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Twenty years ago our 19-year old family dog died in the living room of a heart attack in the early morning. Her body was quickly packed up for burial.

Our two-year old cat walked into that room for the first time later that day. As soon as the cat walked in she got the typical defensive/scared cat look. Arched back, raised tail, and ears down. The dog's body was removed almost immediately after death so I've never been sure what the cat sensed. I still remember that since the cat's reaction was so strange.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I'm not sure this qualifies, but I had a siamese cat who predicted an earthquake. Befor ethe quake she was nervous, jumping up on counters and chairs, really neurotic behavior. I wondered what the issue was, but she had three kittens at the time so I was a little worried she was ignoring them. Then the quake happened,k about a 7.2 if I remember right, not smalll at all. After the quake she settled down and nursed her kittens.

Her name was Epicenter. Her kittens were Iridium, Hurricane, and Temblor. Really.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
IN 1988, i was 13, and played with an ouja board. strange things did happen after 3 weeks of playing with it, lights turning on and off, doorknobs would break inside the house at night, wee see translucent cats with buzzsaw sahped heads, and other things.
NOw at the time, we had 2 cats , a black nd white main coon, and a fattish charcoal black cat. often, they would stare at our living room ceiling, center of room, and look in awe and great interest at one fixed spot on the ceiling, which i had never sen them do before, or after. sometimes, the main coon, would sit and just stare at me, like ti was possesed or something..without linking. he never did that before or after. ed and lorraine warren had helped us out.
Back in 2004 or 5, i was listening to some death metal on a cd player with headphones in my room, around 11 pm, canibal corpse to be exact, and know, i saw a black or some kinda animal with onlyt he back of its head appear in my room, and no feet, but had legs. it appeared for about a good 5 seconds before disappearing. my cat then, an orange cat and best of best friends! saw it too..he jumped off my bed and started pawing at he exact location near me where i saw this 'animal'. he was pawing for a good 2-3 minutes like soemthing was thier.
so yes, i do belive animals can sense and see spirits.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I've had such an experience, but I don't think I'm quite ready to talk about it.

I'm only posting to S&F, and tell you how much I am enjoying reading your thread, and all the posts.

Jackie sounds adorable. I'm glad she has you. (And vice versa).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join