It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearing the end of the world??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
If I was living alone in the woods with no technology but a house to live in, and walked around everyday in the woods, but one day, found birds falling from the sky, thousands of them, dead, and went fishing, and found them dead, and then again, I would first think the world might be ending.

But then that depends how they died though. Whether or not they were set up to die, or not, either the world is coming to an end by itself, or someone is putting it to an end by force.

Whether its gas or a magnetic shift, it's all the same.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The whole dying birds and fish thing is pretty wierd, but i'm sure there's a reason other than 'The World Is Ending.'
Personally I think it could be a repeat of an incident a few years ago when some Ducks (I think) got trapped in some high-altitude wind and froze, eventually falling to the ground. Not sure how that would explain the fish dying but there you go

All this hype about 2012 is bound to make people put 2 and 2 together and get 5.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Well, if your in the center of a house fire, your perspective is that the whole world is on fire.

If your in the center of a earthquake, you may think the entire world is shifting and ending. Perspective is key here.
Something slightly funky is going on no doubt, but hearing of a few thousand birds here and there dropping does not mean all birds everywhere has died.
Hearing of a million finger fish washing up on some shore somewhere does not mean the oceans and lakes have become dead..on the grand scheme of things, these reports are not really significant..but with a hyped up media, and humans natural tendency to overinflate things, we get really nervous easily.

World ending? highly doubtful. Some birds and fish have bit it during el nino..some slight magnetic poles shifting (takes a very...very long time for a shift to occur..thousands of years)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I guess the first think I would ask myself is the who, when, where and what of it, before I would ask the why. If you live in what is referred by some as "The Backwoods" or Rural Area. It my just be a covert program by the ATF against Marihuana Growers. Where they crop dust deep in the woods with poison to kill the crop. And along the way, it either kills or make sick everything else, includung humans.
edit on 6-1-2011 by BaronVon because: re-thought

edit on 6-1-2011 by BaronVon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I live in Minnesota.I remember reading on the net about 4 years ago, that the common robin had experienced a 50% drop in population. At that time, I thought they might be testing a delivery system to make H5N1 easier to transmit to humans that included mosquitoes.. This came to mind, because at the same time, mosquito populations were at at an all time low. I didn't get bit but once or twice that summer, and Duluth,Mn is a haven for evening mosquitoes.There was no drought , and the consensus was that it was a "natural" fluctuation. So maybe now, they are testing a different delivery system for efficacy. Whatever the cause, I am convinced it is not a "natural" fluctuation.

new topics

top topics

join