It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House spokesman Gibbs announces February departure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
With Glib Gibbs now stepping down, I foresee the rapid removal of the boxing gloves from a certain element of the left. Gibbs is one of Obama's most trusted advisers and he will now be able to speak freely with the cutting of his cord that has been attached to the White House.

Be prepared for an all out assault on the GOP as Obama's 2012 campaign begins to ramp up. Gibbs and Axlerod will be leading the charge. The gloves are certainly off.

Since the days of his first pressers, I have been amazed by Gibbs' treatment of the Press corps and by most of the words that have oozed from his mouth in an official capacity as Press Secretary. I can only imagine what he has in store as a professional speaker/mouthpiece for the Left.

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said Wednesday he will step down in February as part of the upcoming reshuffle of President Barack Obama's key aides.

"I think this is a very natural time period to make the decision to recharge a little bit," Gibbs told in a press briefing about his choice to leave.

Gibbs refused to provide specifics about his future plans, but said that he intends to join the professional speaking circuit and will likely continue to advise Obama as an outside consultant, with an aim to support his reelection campaign in 2012.

Gibbs has worked for Obama since he first ran for the Senate over seven years ago, and the president described him as a "close friend, one of my closest advisers" in a statement released in the morning, adding that Gibbs will continue to play an important role on the White House team.

www.breitbart.com...

I can't wait to see what Glib Gibbs has in store in the months to come. No restraints and his massive ego should make a volatile combo!!
edit on 6-1-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Ill agree with you on most of what you wrote except that I think Gibbs has lost a lot of anything he had with the poor performance(s) he did as press sect.

He can shoot his mouth off all he wants but it will only be the current wacko's that listen to him. He won't be much of a game player... more of a fool/clown. IMO.

I am sure he'll do just fine at MSNBC (or whatever leftist MSM network he goes to).

I personally think More of the Same will be taking place by the Republicans- (in referrence to that pic I sent to you not to long ago... if you go it... more of that.)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I don't think I ever received that picture/joke. Please resend

I see what you're saying about Gibbs and maybe he will just end up co-hosting a MSNBC trifecta circle jerk with Matthews and Olbermann. However, I can't underestimate this guy given his long history of serving and advising Obama. Some say that he is second only to Valerie Jarrett in the Obama "circle of trust".

I suspect that this lemming would actually fall on sword for Obama the chosen one.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I saw this yesterday and thought... Wow! Gibbs and Pelosi in 1 day. Either the end really is coming or I just had another Christmas Day.

I thought he was too rude and disrespectful over half the time he spoke. That and his elitist attitude make me happy to see him go.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I saw this yesterday and thought... Wow! Gibbs and Pelosi in 1 day. Either the end really is coming or I just had another Christmas Day.

LOL the best thing I read all day. How about it. I thought they were leaving early to get their criminal attys up-to-speed for their defense(s).

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Sounds like some Chicagoland games may have encouraged the departure of Gibbs. Boy, paybacks are a bitch. Obama does not have much more time to finish paying back before he bids farewell to the new hip oval office.

I wondered yesterday whether Robert Gibbs jumped or was pushed and noted that President Barack Obama’s words indicated that it was “not an entirely voluntary departure”.

It’s being reported by John King on CNN right now that Gibbs wanted to be a presidential counsellor – something he’s been putting about for quite a while – but William Daley, the new chief of staff, nixed this because he believed that too many cooks would spoil the presidential broth. So that’s why Gibbs is out.

Additionally, King reports that Valerie Jarrett, whose sole qualification to being a senior counsellor seems to be that she’s a long-time Chicago buddy of Barack and Michelle Obama, will have her wings clipped. Daley, not Jarrett, will be the person speaking to the business community.

It’s no secret that Rahm Emanuel, a Daley protege, clashed with Jarrett. Or that David Plouffe, about to join the White House, was often at odds with her when he was the 2008 Obama campaign manager. Obama is nothing if not ruthless. He dropped Jane Dystel, the agent who approached him to write “Dreams from my Father”, and has previously cut loose long-time advisers. One aide described him as “the most unsentimental man I’ve ever met”.

So the next question is: with Gibbs and David Axelrod gone, how much longer will Valerie Jarrett last?

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

Slash and burn Obama ... Slash and burn.

top topics

join