It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question related to ATS threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
To start with, My name is Chris, I live in Alaska, I have a unique educational and work background, I work on a military installation as a civilian and I've been an ATS member for a few years now. I'm also currently medicated from a recent, invasive back surgery that was 8 years overdue. However, before and after my surgery I've had a humbling revelation. I've always had alot of knowledge and information I've always intended to share with the world and I might've never gotten the chance to do so had things gone awry during my surgery.

Personally, I've never posted threads based on any of my more in-depth research material and for a variety of different reasons.

I have some ideas for threads I could set up for this material but my question is if it is allowed for me to do so. I ask because from what I've seen over the years these wouldn't be your standard ATS style threads.

To provide you with some general background on my research papers/material, here are some of the topics (Note: some of these not the actual topics of my research papers)

The History and Bizarre Nature of Electromagnetism

Health Care Fraud

The Relationship Between Paranormal Research and Mainstream Science

The Relationship beteen the "God Particle" and the Paranormal

Could both "Dark Energy" and "Dark Matter" be explained by parallel universes?

The flaws and contradictions of applying the traditional Scientific Process to the unknown

"Big Bang" or "Big Bust"? So much about the beginning of the universe is completely unexplained yet widely accepted. However, there are alternative scientific explanations that would much easier explain what really happened when our universe was born.

I guess my reason for posting this is just because I now realize I won't be here forever and I've never had the opportunity to share alot of this stuff with others. One of my papers was posted on a different website about a year ago by another ATS member and credited to myself, but I still have so much I want to share with the world. I'm just worried that if I DO release all this information on ATS, others might use it and then credit themselves for using it. Especially since none of it has been published.

So I guess I'm asking for both an answer plus a little advice on where to go from here.

-ChriS

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
So in short your concerns are related to copyright issues?

The copyright issue(s) is thoroughly covered in the Terms and Conditions...

17) Rights In Posted Materials: By posting on this message board, you relinquish all exclusive copyrights to any materials you Post and furthermore, you grant TAN non-exclusive, non-revocable worldwide, royalty-free rights to copy, distribute, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works, and publicly perform the materials in perpetuity in all forms. This license applies to all works of authorship including, but not limited to, written materials (e.g., text), audio, audio-visual materials, graphics, and images (including, but not limited to, graphics and images used as avatars). You also grant all third parties the right to copy, distribute, display, reproduces, and publicly perform the materials you post under the terms of the Creative Commons License. TAN has the authority to decide to display your postings or not, and you grant TAN the right to modify your posts, remove offensive material, modify your post title to accurately reflect content, remove vulgar comments, remove insults, or delete any other content deemed inappropriate, all at our discretion.

18) DMCA Enforcement: By posting on these domains, you grant TAN the right to seek enforcement and legal remedy for any and all discovered usage violations falling under the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) and the Creative Commons License. Remedy in such cases, will place a priority on proper attribution of you as the author and a link-back to your post (or posts), rather than removal. For more information about our DMCA policy and how to file a DMCA takedown notice, please see our DMCA Policy Page.

as well as the DMCA Page.

It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (found at the U.S. Copyright Office) and other applicable intellectual property laws. It is our policy to remove material from public view that we believe in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our members or users. It is also our policy to terminate the accounts of repeat offenders. If we remove or disable access to comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act we will make a good-faith attempt to contact the owner, author, or administrator of each affected site so that they may make a counter notification pursuant to sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of that Act.

My suggestion is if you are still uncertain after reading above pages then you should directly contact one of the Administrators (SkepticOverlord or Springer) via U2U or via the ATS E-mail form found here.

Looking forward to reading your threads. Sounds enthralling.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
You have to enlighten us. If you have valid information, it must be shared. Why let that knowledge go to waste. As you said, you wont be around forever. Wouldn't you rather educate those of us who may not have a profound knowledge base on a topic you may have had hands on experience?

Educate, and deny ignorance!
edit on 5-1-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

new topics

join