It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan of Prehistory.. confused... can anyone enlighten me?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Interesting thought. And to add up to all of this, the 8-pointed star on the mirror are also used as a ribbon for members of the Zuihoushou (Order of the Sacred Treasure), though only to members of the highest order. There are 8 ranks in total, one ray per rank.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pseudonaut
reply to post by NeoAstra

What you're doing is called "idle speculation", and though very interesting and entertaining, should not lead you to "believe" anything.

Base your beliefs on facts, not wishful daydreaming.

The TS is basing his or her beliefs on FACT if you actually read as to what has been discovered.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxwell_Orlandis

I did not know that detail. Thanks for sharing. Here's some more information I found on that symbol.

It appears the eight-pointed-star has been around for thousands of years. One of these stars was found at the ancient site of Ur, which dates around 2000 BC.

An Italian nobleman named Pietro della Valle discovered the use of an eight-point star as a seal in the ruins of the ancient city of Ur (~2000BC), Tell al Muqayyar, in the mid-seventeenth century. He wrote “I found on the ground some pieces of black Marble…which seem to be a kind of Seal like what the Orientals use at this day: for their Seals are only letters or written words…Amongst the other letters I discovered in a short time was…a star of eight points…”

www.moroccoboard.com...

The above website explains that this symbol is associated with astronomy. The eight dials represent North, South, East, West, Summer Solstice Sunset, Summer Solstice Sunrise, Winter Solstice Sunset and Winter Solstice Sunrise, with space and time.

I wonder if the Aztec sun-stone can relate to the astronomical positions above?

Chinese tradition says the eight points in the star are paths in the way of Buddha and also represent the eight immortals.

Since the Chinese predate the Japanese culture then we’ll have to assume the eight dialed sacred mirror came from mainland China first.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Interesting find.
I was posting in another thread about some new discoveries with regards to the NAZCA lines and I posted these images.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7c9d199edd7.jpg[/atsimg]

Scroll

Source
edit on 21-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That is an amazing discovery Slayer.

The creators of the Nazca lines were quite advanced with astronomy. I see the eight lines are still emphasized in the layout.

Have you ever seen the star charts of Sumer? I remember seeing some of these a few months ago. These discs also have eight directional lines. This piece of work is very impressive.

www.lexiline.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Wow! We're completely drifting away from the original subject, however the further we go the more interesting it gets.
Could be possible though, that the mirror indeed came from China.
There's a chinese story about a princess who visits the 'Land of the Wa' (Wa in this context means 'Little Men') and that she brought them gifts. It is believed that the 'Land of the Wa' was Japan.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

but some scholars think that the ainu were acutally from the Jomon period.

The origins of the Ainu have often been considered Jōmon-jin, natives to Japan from the Jōmon period. "The Ainu lived in this place a hundred thousand years before the Children of the Sun came" is told in one of their Yukar Upopo (Ainu legends)

see why im so confused? haha

Ainu culture isn't that old. Under 1000 years. So I've been told by Ainu elders, anyway.

The Ainu (and quite a few others) are descendants of one group indigenous to far eastern Russia. Now, that culture is significantly older. It's kind of like looking at North American history and saying the Iroquois have been around for ten thousand years. The cultures that preceded them were, but the things that make them identifiable as Iroquois didn't exist.

There are a couple of archaeological sites in Hokkaido I'm aware of that are around 2000 years old, but I've never come across anything older than that. It's possible - even likely - that there were small settlements on the coastline, but there's nothing to suggest that there was any significant contact between the Ainu and the Japanese until 1300 at the earliest.

The real problem with Japanese history (and the archaeology of Japan) is that only about 5% of the research that exists has been translated into English. And of that 5%, only about 1% is translated well. It's even worse when you look at Ainu texts (as I am now). Usually they've been translated from Ainu to Japanese by Japanese speaking Ainu, and those texts tend to be as near to perfect translations as you can get. But then they've been translated to English on the cheap by university students abroad, who have absolutely no idea how to put certain terms into context, no grasp of figurative speech, and who insist on translating colloquialisms literally, so that a phrase like "a penny saved is a penny earned" comes across as "a small, round coin made of a copper alloy used in exchange for goods and services, once removed from circulation and deposited in a financial institution providing annual compounded interest over time becomes of equal value to a small, round coin made of a copper alloy received for performing labour, or in exchange for other goods and services. I swear to any six gods you care to name, next time I meet someone who studied Japanese at Columbia in 1985, they're getting a size 12 in the genitals.

I probably had a point to make, but you can have that one instead.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
reply to post by Pseudonaut

Last time i checked this was an internet forum for conspiracies, speculation, debate and chat. Way to not contribute there

Anyways, on topic.

Planting artifacts is pretty suspect, especially across so many sites. Judging from the pottery found back to the early Jomon period, they were way ahead at that side of the world. The oldest ceramics in Japan pre-date Mesopotamian ceramics by 2,000 years! With a culture that advanced compared to the rest of the world, you'd think their development would have left some evidence beind.

Some Han Chinese believe that they and a lot of eastern cultures come from a different branch of humans. I always thought that was a weird thing to think, but with the recent discovery of Denisovans in Asia you never know. Maybe that could be why there's a cover up. There's a lot of evil racists in this world would use that in the wrong way. Or maybe proof of aliens, you never know

The Chinese have a racial complex. Look up the original inhabitants of Manchuria and where the Mandarin language comes from. It is pretty amusing.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Procession101

This website's motto is "Deny Ignorance". Idle speculation based on little but fantasy is ignorance of the highest order. Sorry to rain on the parade. It's a great thead! But why can't we just admit that it's idle speculation, and stop pretending that somehow we're finding the truth by extrapolating wildly based on whim.

That's all I'm sayin'.

Sorry, though. Didn't mean to derail the thread or troll. Carry on!

edit on 1/25/2011 by Pseudonaut because: added a line

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join