It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan of Prehistory.. confused... can anyone enlighten me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hey everyone.
So I've been a fan of japanese culture since i was very young.
and I was wondering what Japan was like during the time before the Jomon Period
The Jōmon period is the time in Japanese prehistory from about 14,000 BCE to 300 BCE.
I have been searching all over the web and can only find short pages with very little information.
However on one, i did find a snippet about something very strange happening.

On December 28, 1997, I had written here that "advocates claim ages up to 600,000 years for the oldest sites" in Japan. But Japan's EARLY PALAEOLITHIC and MIDDLE PALAEOLITHIC claims imploded on Sunday, November 5, 2000, when Mainichi Shimbun newspaper revealed that it had caught FUJIMURA Shin'ichi planting artifacts on the Kamitakamori site. I am posting papers on the scandal on another page. After almost two years of re-excavation of some of the sites and re-examination of the artifacts from many of the sites associated with Fujimura, the Japanese Archaeological Association concluded that none of the Fujimura materials could be used for research purposes. This affected materials from 186 sites, 33 of them excavated. Since the exposure of the hoax, a few sites dated as old as 40,000-50,000 years have been put forward, and some earlier claims for "Early Palaeolithic" sites are being looked at again by some archaeologists. But claims for sites older than 35,000 years are not yet widely accepted.

With this, i started to think that Japan before the Jomon period is being covered up by our Governments, as well as Japans own.
I think that a Massive civilization reigned supreme on the islands of japan, Before and During the last ice age, when Japan was not below the ocean yet.

We all know and have heard about the controversial "Pyramids" underwater off the shore of Yonaguni Jima..5000 year old submerged structures. So obviously a civilization had to exist in order to construct this monstrosity of stone.

also i would like to point out that Japanese language is completely unique..
Some have speculated that it is derived from korean because of cognates..
sadly this is not true and was thought inaccurate until our lifetime.
what if Korean and other Pacific and Asiatic cultures came forth from japan so to speak?

My guess is there was a massive war, or catastrophe that emptied the japanese islands during the prehistoric period of japan and sent them to the curb whilst sparsely populating the remainder of land left in japan.
Then people gradually began to explore the islands, and found a primitive people we know as the Jomon.

I believe that there is more to Japan's history than they are telling us, I just fail in seeing the reason as to why...
But, with your help i would like to combine everyone's knowledge into this thread and come up with something.

thats about it.
thanks for reading.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoAstra

What you're doing is called "idle speculation", and though very interesting and entertaining, should not lead you to "believe" anything.

Base your beliefs on facts, not wishful daydreaming.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Pseudonaut

Well there is fact that there were Fake artifacts placed by an archaeologist at over 100 sites, rendering all of the sites useless.
thats why i think there is a coverup
as well as the fact that there are massive stone structures off the coast?
none of this is idle speculation.
edit on 4-1-2011 by NeoAstra because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Pseudonaut

Last time i checked this was an internet forum for conspiracies, speculation, debate and chat. Way to not contribute there

Anyways, on topic.

Planting artifacts is pretty suspect, especially across so many sites. Judging from the pottery found back to the early Jomon period, they were way ahead at that side of the world. The oldest ceramics in Japan pre-date Mesopotamian ceramics by 2,000 years! With a culture that advanced compared to the rest of the world, you'd think their development would have left some evidence beind.

Some Han Chinese believe that they and a lot of eastern cultures come from a different branch of humans. I always thought that was a weird thing to think, but with the recent discovery of Denisovans in Asia you never know. Maybe that could be why there's a cover up. There's a lot of evil racists in this world would use that in the wrong way. Or maybe proof of aliens, you never know

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I don't know if this helps, but Japan has an indigenous people called the Ainu, and for reference, they are treated every bit as well as indigenous people of North America and Australia.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pseudonaut

What you're doing is called "idle speculation", and though very interesting and entertaining, should not lead you to "believe" anything.

Facts can be hidden or destroyed to fit any given agenda. Taking things at face value is not the way this website works.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoAstra
I think that a Massive civilization reigned supreme on the islands of japan, Before and During the last ice age, when Japan was not below the ocean yet.

There is evidence of stone age inhabitants of Japan during this period. [Whether or not they were Megalithic Builders is up for debate as far as I'm concerned] However like much of the present human population it resided along the ancient coasts. [in this case Ancient Japan] When the ice age melt off occurred those coastal locations were flooded out and are now under the sea.

We all know and have heard about the controversial "Pyramids" underwater off the shore of Yonaguni Jima..5000 year old submerged structures. So obviously a civilization had to exist in order to construct this monstrosity of stone.

That is a very interesting location IMO. I highly doubt though that it was "Constructed" I'd say more like "Used" and "Carved" on when that particular location was exposed when the ocean levels were much lower.

also i would like to point out that Japanese language is completely unique..
Some have speculated that it is derived from korean because of cognates..

Well during the research of my threads on the Ancient ice age melt off...

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1
Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-2

I came across several hypothetical scenarios of the peoples of Japan and Korea having a root ice age connection. During the height of that period when the oceans were lower the area between Japan and Korea was at it's minimum and cross migration was possible. Look at the following image. The light blue area would have been dry expose land while the darker blue would have remained deep water oceans.

sadly this is not true and was thought inaccurate until our lifetime.
what if Korean and other Pacific and Asiatic cultures came forth from japan so to speak?

Oh, IMHO there is a very rich and diverse albeit unknown angle on the Pacific history. During the last ice age as we all know the oceans were much lower and each island were much broader and larger than they are now. Who knows how many were inhabited. There is only circumstantial evidence linking many pacific locations at present. [Outside of the known and accepted ones of course]

My guess is there was a massive war, or catastrophe that emptied the japanese islands during the prehistoric period of japan and sent them to the curb whilst sparsely populating the remainder of land left in japan.
Then people gradually began to explore the islands, and found a primitive people we know as the Jomon.

I feel [and this only speculation on my part] that the Jomon were more advanced [Megalithic] and older than people give them credit for and that their complete history is unknown and has yet to be exposed.

Stay tuned.
edit on 5-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

hey this is really interesting!

i don't know so much about their language being 'unique', i know that they use the same chinnese characters in their kanji, though their hiragana and katagana alphebet is their own

from what i know, the japanese were chinnese settlers, much like how the americas were formed from fleeing europeans, japan was formed from chinnese leaving china, ( hence during their traveling eastward to japan towards the rising sun, japan being coined 'land of the rising sun' )

i have always wondered how the underwater pyramids come into play concerning japan's past... i am a firm beleiver that during some time our planet was colonized by an advanced civilization ( such as the stories of atlantis ) i was not aware of this hoaxing phenomenon, i would suspect that if there was evidence of such age old artifacts, and then someone coming and tampering with them to near acedemic uselessness... my initial thoughts are CONSPIRACY!

good find i will be interested to know more and look into this myself

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the input everyone, i'd like to reply to everyone but my time is short right now..
when i get on later, ill share some more of my findings with you guys

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pseudonaut

All facts today originated as idle speculation.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

I don't know if this helps, but Japan has an indigenous people called the Ainu, and for reference, they are treated every bit as well as indigenous people of North America and Australia.

GREAT post. I had never heard of this indigenous people before. Thank you so much for sharing.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

GREAT post. I had never heard of this indigenous people before. Thank you so much for sharing.

No problem...for further consideration, Kennewick Man is regarded as displaying a morphology most similar to the Ainu, hence confounding both lands claims sensitivities and NAGPRA.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I had forgotten about the kennewick man as well..
the haplogroup X may shed some light as to a global civilization?
I wouldnt push it that far though.

They say the Ainu are descendants of the Jomon
If so, where did the Jomon come from?
we need to take a closer look at upper paleolithic timeperiod in japan..
but very little evidence if any at all has been found to support a "technological civilization"
However, I still believe something fishy is going on with their history.

edit on 6-1-2011 by NeoAstra because: spelling

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Star and Flag for you then I have always thought the same.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

but very little evidence if any at all has been found to support a "technological civilization"

Correct me if i am wrong, but i recall that the Ainu were predecessors to the Jomon, who had the asian appearance (where the Ainu are more mongolian).

did i misunderstand what i have read thus far?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Correct me if i am wrong, but i recall that the Ainu were predecessors to the Jomon, who had the asian appearance (where the Ainu are more mongolian).

did i misunderstand what i have read thus far?

No, the Jomon were Pre-Ainu

but some scholars think that the ainu were acutally from the Jomon period.

The origins of the Ainu have often been considered Jōmon-jin, natives to Japan from the Jōmon period. "The Ainu lived in this place a hundred thousand years before the Children of the Sun came" is told in one of their Yukar Upopo (Ainu legends)

see why im so confused? haha

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I studied Japanology and even now there are so many mysteries concerning the Land Of The Rising Sun.
I must admit that lately I have been thinking the same thing, that Japanese culture is older than we are told. For people who are interested in this matter, you should try reading the book 'Genji Monogatari' (I think, could be mistaken). It's like the 'Genesis' of Japan. It speaks, among others, about all the Imperial Treasure, consisting of 3 items: a mirror (used to lure the sun godess out of a cave in which she locked herself up), a bell (can't remember that bit, sorry
)and a sword (that was taken out of the tail of a seven-headed dragon).
Up untill now, only members of the Royal Family have access to this treasure.
What if these items contain more information about the secret history of Japan?
Maybe has something to do with the Ancient Alien theory...

Greetings,

Maxwell Orlandis

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
the history of the japanese people is a complex and, in the eyes of many japanese volitale aarea of study.
The people we know as the modern japanese,those that founded the imperial dynasty, are recent newcomers to the islands, having only arrived in the islands in the last 2500 years.They are ethnicly and linguisticly related to koreans, although most japanese will deny this, as they look upon the koreans as inferiors.
They are both descened from nomadic horsemen from northern asia. When they conquered the islands they drove of or subjugated the peoples already living there.
The jomon were the main people living there earlier, but there were also people in southern japan who were the more recent ancestors to the polynesians, and the also people who were more closely related to the aboriginal tiawanese.
The great ethnic diversity of the modern japanese peole can be seen in population today, there are the taller more robust people that show the polynesian influence, the shorter stockier people who show traits of the ancestral jomon, the people whom share the korean ancestry and the finer featured people of northern asian(han) ancestry.

I used to have links to some very interesting translated works by some well respected japanes researchers.
One the researchers was tracing the flow of ancient japanese pottery(3000 year old) through melaseia and polynesia, and example have turned up all the way down into new guinea and the islands of polynesia.
His theory is that some of what was once thought of as jomon was actually the product of polynesian peoples who had settled in southern japan as there was a cultural similarity with the people of western polynesia, just like there is a cultural similarity and gentic link between the ainu and some of the tribes of the pacific NW.
There old pictures of ainu villages, taken at the turn of the century, and you would hard pressed to tell the difference from tribes in british columbia and alaska at the same time.They made villages of split cedar cabins with totem poles, and large dugout canoes and dried salmon on racks.

There is nothing being "hidden" about japanese history, there is a vast wealth of knowledge out there if you look for it and more is being discovered everyday.
There are some intruiging things that have yey to be fully explained, like yaunoguni or the very ancient tombs on iwo jima.
When the japanese army started to prepare thier defence of iwo jima they found that there was already an extensive tunnel network in place when they started digging. Its a shame that much of the archeological evidence weas destroyed during the conflict.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxwell_Orlandis
I studied Japanology and even now there are so many mysteries concerning the Land Of The Rising Sun.
I must admit that lately I have been thinking the same thing, that Japanese culture is older than we are told. For people who are interested in this matter, you should try reading the book 'Genji Monogatari' (I think, could be mistaken). It's like the 'Genesis' of Japan. It speaks, among others, about all the Imperial Treasure, consisting of 3 items: a mirror (used to lure the sun godess out of a cave in which she locked herself up), a bell (can't remember that bit, sorry
)and a sword (that was taken out of the tail of a seven-headed dragon).
Up untill now, only members of the Royal Family have access to this treasure.
What if these items contain more information about the secret history of Japan?
Maybe has something to do with the Ancient Alien theory...

Greetings,

Maxwell Orlandis

There is a photo of the three items online. The mirror's 8 dial positions are a direct match to the Aztec sun stone. This sun stone is the famous Aztec calendar that identifies the ending of the 5th sun in December 2012.

This Aztec and Mayan calendar came from the much earlier civilization called the Olmecs. I wonder if the Olmecs came from Japan?

Yata no Kagami

Aztec sun stone

It's interesting to note that the number 8 is very lucky in Asia.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
This Aztec and Mayan calendar came from the much earlier civilization called the Olmecs. I wonder if the Olmecs came from Japan?

Sure...why not? What the hell...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join