It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-gun Advocates In Senate Seek Rules Changes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
GOA Link

The reason we are not stuck with bans on semi-autos, gun shows and ammunition is because the U.S. Senate is structured so that whatever party is in the minority still retains procedural power to protect the rights of the citizenry against the "tyranny of the majority."

But on January 5, 2011, at the beginning of the new Congress, Senate Democrats are hatching a plan to decimate long-standing Senate rules in order to remove those protections.

While I admit the source information is somewhat vague, GOA is a top notch outfit when it comes to defending our right to keep and bear arms so I posted this as a potential warning/item for research.

I have personally decided that there is no "law" that could be passed which will make me relinquish my inalienable right to self defense. Both the US and my State Constitutions are quite clear that any such "law" is unlawful and has no force of law other than that of men in black ski masks wearing body armor. They don't seem to realize that they aren't the only ones with black ski masks and body armor.

edit on 4-1-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Reply to post by bozzchem

As it is we dont have much left in the way of a mob-rule buffer. Let them remove it officially. At least then we can stop pretending and move on with the war.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem
GOA Link

The reason we are not stuck with bans on semi-autos, gun shows and ammunition is because the U.S. Senate is structured so that whatever party is in the minority still retains procedural power to protect the rights of the citizenry against the "tyranny of the majority."

But on January 5, 2011, at the beginning of the new Congress, Senate Democrats are hatching a plan to decimate long-standing Senate rules in order to remove those protections.

While I admit the source information is somewhat vague, GOA is a top notch outfit when it comes to defending our right to keep and bear arms so I posted this as a potential warning/item for research.

I have personally decided that there is no "law" that could be passed which will make me relinquish my inalienable right to self defense. Both the US and my State Constitutions are quite clear that any such "law" is unlawful and has no force of law other than that of men in black ski masks wearing body armor. They don't seem to realize that they aren't the only ones with black ski masks and body armor.

Flagged and starred, Bozz.

They want my guns, they can have them - lead first.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Agreed, they will go back out the way they came in...just 100 lbs heavier~

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I read a couple articles on this discussion and the comments on them. The problem is that if they change the rules, the Senate is the one that confirms judges and the like. So, they can get their confirmation through and anything else the Senate does, besides legislation I mean, then at the end of the 112th Congress, change it back before the election cycle.

This would be a very dumb move IMO on the Republicans side. Very dumb to change the 60 rule vote.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

I have personally decided that there is no "law" that could be passed which will make me relinquish my inalienable right to self defense.

They just passed that @#$%#@ Food Safety Farce. There are going to be some VERY riled up farmers soon when the FDA/USDA Gestapo troops starts showing up. Farmers are already ticked off and if they run into someone like the USDA agent that showed up on my farm a few years ago, I think things will "Happen"

Believe me the Government knows this so expect a concerted effort to disarm everyone SOON.

This happened not that far from me.

Cindi and Danny Henshaw were awakened by their local Virginia game warden, who arrested Danny on an apparently trumped up Class 2 Misdemeanor charge and took him from his Willis River Hunting preserve for supposedly, “operating a mammalian hunting enclosure without a permit.” As soon as Danny was out of the way, 9 SUV’s and pickups, 4 wheelers, and numerous heavily armed agents entered the Henshaw property with a Quarantine Order and began shooting Henshaw’s hogs and sheep with 12 gauge shotguns. Some 270 shell casings were also found.

Individuals participating in the attack were Virginia game wardens, USDA employees, and Virginia Department of Agriculture employees. At the Henshaw’s farm, the Virginia State Veterinarian appeared to be in charge. Some of the invaders wore jeans and sweat shirts with USDA lettering. Others wore white clothing that appeared to be hazardous materials suits. These were probably Virginia Department of Agriculture employees. They sure weren’t hunters, since they mostly used shotguns to kill the livestock and could not hit the scurrying young pigs. Danny was released from custody in 2 hours and allowed to return to the farm where he and Cindi were controlled around the clock by armed guards from September 12th through September 22nd.

A command center had been set up and another raid was being conducted near Farmville in Cumberland County, Virginia, at the same time [details not available on Sept. 27th]. On September 22nd, the attackers withdrew after killing Henshaw’s sheep and at least 79 hogs. Animals were starved to trick them into the open as they searched for food... nonais.org...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

They just passed that @#$%#@ Food Safety Farce. There are going to be some VERY riled up farmers soon when the FDA/USDA Gestapo troops starts showing up. Farmers are already ticked off and if they run into someone like the USDA agent that showed up on my farm a few years ago, I think things will "Happen"

Believe me the Government knows this so expect a concerted effort to disarm everyone SOON.

I don't know that I would consider myself a farmer but certainly consider myself a landowner with an exceptionally large garden. I look at the bill you mention much like I would look at one that instructs me to turn in my firearms....void on their face as unlawful for violation of my inalienable right to life. Those who house themselves in the District of Criminals thinking they have the upper hand and can control us are in for a very rude awakening. While they will sell their souls for mammon, some of us will give ours for our posterity. The concept is alien to them and will boggle their minds...before we scramble their excuses for minds...

The people are finally starting to get pissed off and wake up. The people are finally starting to awaken from 100 years of slumber. I don't want to live forever but do want to live free. More importantly, I want my children to live free. Wearing a $3000 suit won't stop a 50 cent round. My patience has worn to the thinnest I can recall in my lifetime.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by bozzchem

As it is we dont have much left in the way of a mob-rule buffer. Let them remove it officially. At least then we can stop pretending and move on with the war.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Agreed. End the farce and expose reality for what it is. Tyranny has no choice but to eventually expose itself. It seems that those who believe they are our betters believe they are also our intellectual superiors. They have no idea just what the sleeping giant is capable of since they aren't even aware of the existence of said giant.

Underestimation of an opponent can be quite costly...as the DC crowd will eventually see.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

This happened not that far from me.

Stories such as you've posted will only continue if we allow them to.

If we don't stand together as one, we'll most certainly stand alone in front of a black robed tyrant sucking off the teat of the leviathan that has been allowed to manifest itself.

I grow as tired of stories such as you've posted as I grow tired of hearing about "officials" raiding dairy farmers, and anyone else they believe will sit back and allow this sort of treatment.

I wouldn't consider myself an advocate of violence but would most certainly consider myself an advocate of freedom. Sadly it seems you can't achieve the latter without the former.

To date I have been left alone. I have made preparations for uninvited visitors so will have the needed time to prepare.

While all of this sounds as fantasy based as a movie/novel.....unfortunately truth is much stranger than fiction and is coming your way...like it or not!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Yeah, you had me until I saw GoA.

This group does nothing but make up blatantly false stories and spin facts to make people march to their political tune.

Enjoy following a gun organization that lies and manipulates you. But they lost any support from me.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Yeah, you had me until I saw GoA.

This group does nothing but make up blatantly false stories and spin facts to make people march to their political tune.

Enjoy following a gun organization that lies and manipulates you. But they lost any support from me.

At least you've provided no evidence to support your claim and have done precisely to them what you claim they do to us.

Excoriation is quite easy when it's done without anything other than an anonymous post.

If you have something to back your claims, I'd be interested. I wouldn't piss on the NRA if it was on fire. The only other group I recognize as truly caring for our freedom is JPFO.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Go back and review their claims about the health care bill.

But I can't prove what isn't there. And they claimed what isn't there.

Note: I knew it was a lie at the time because there had been no bill written. But they still made claims. Which proved to be false.

They probably deleted or edited it.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Miraj because: (no reason given)

top topics

join