It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Going to Have a New Short Story Contest?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Any time soon?

Also, has Flash Fiction been considered as a form of mini competitions in this forum?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yay, glad you posted this. I was just wondering about the next contest, as well.
Fingers crossed!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
hmmm...whats the prize?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I would also be very much interested in this as I love to write and I have quite a few short stories that I have written will definitely keep my eyes open for news on this. Great post thanks

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I guess that was a question for mods to answer so the rest of us must sit on our hands or ask simple questions relative to writing short stories for ATS. I'll take a crack at doing that because I've never ventured here before..

I need to know the max word count/character count of submitted stories. I did not find that on the first few pages of threads. Anyone...?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

edit on 4-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Any time soon?

Also, has Flash Fiction been considered as a form of mini competitions in this forum?

Most of these are flash fiction, since none are above a thousand words.
Or do you want even shorter, but I think that would be called an essay(I think). I wouldn't mind doing an essay as I am doing my composition class right now and have had a lot of practice!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I have seen sites that do three hundred, say, words. Very short. Sometimes, the moderator will give the first sentence and you go from there. There are many different contests we could do.

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Any time soon?

Or do you want even shorter, but I think that would be called an essay(I think). I wouldn't mind doing an essay as I am doing my composition class right now and have had a lot of practice!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Once the judges are done and the winners announced, I'm thinking of a themed poetry contest. One which will be judged by the membership through starring. The contest will run two weeks, after which the poetry thread is closed. Then, I'll bump it during peak times for around a week so that people will see it and get a chance to star. The three with the most stars win. We did this once before and it worked well. After that, we'll do another Short Story contest. Fair enough?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe this was posted by masqua in the Halloween writing contest thread not long ago. I know the poetry contest is over but I'm not sure if it is closed to judging yet. I don't believe it will be too long before the next writing contest is announced hopefully.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If we did do one I'd try and get one submitted. I'd started a short story a few months ago (it's in the forum somewhere, or what I did of it) but then I got distracted by life... always seems to work that way

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Any time soon?

Not above a thousand words? MWUAHAHAHA.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
OK I wrote story. It's a satirical , gallows humor piece with a twinge of psychedlic. It is a conversation between two time travelers, one from right now, who travelers to the future, and one from the not so distant future. They are both extremely befuddled, because one didn't think his invention would work and the other because he didn't expect to see a time traveler crash through his roof in the suburbs.

Inspired by Kurt Vonnegut and Philip K. Dick.

Don't you wise guys steal my idea because this WILL appear in the next contest, should the format allow.

Now what is the prize?

It is also not finished...
edit on 6-1-2011 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I had an idea for a SS contest, it would be called the WOTWOT, lol. In other longer words "Whisper on the winds of time" The idea is to hold a contest in regards to time. I am leaning towards a post 2012 scenario where time itself has changed radically. Also it would be great to read submissions that are centered around time from different perspectives by members. Timetravel perhaps? Geomagnetic reversals affecting time?

What if we did not live in a world governed by time? Perhaps this is mans destiny and ultimate flow into the higher dimensions which exist or coexist with us even now, if those veils were to be lifted what profound changes would we then be faced with?

It could be done freestyle and any direction encouraged as long as the story included time.

*This was the reason I jumped ont eh forum this am so thankful HBT for the thread, saved some hunting down and or starting a new thread, perfect 'timing' IMO.
edit on 6-1-2011 by antar because: Edit to thank HBT

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The next Short Story contest will begin tonight.

Keep watching this forum.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
So Excited now!!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I like how you do your eye makeup. The lashes look great.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Thank you, Antar! I love makeup, and in particular doing my eyes. I use loreal voluminous, carbon black, mascara. I went and bought falsies but this former cosmetologist has not perfected the art of putting them on yet!!

Originally posted by antar

I like how you do your eye makeup. The lashes look great.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
What you talkin' bout, Willis?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e5621457e273.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

That would be sweet, because one of the ideas I've been thinking about the last week or two is a time travel story

top topics

<<   2 >>

join