It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Get Me A Job In Melbourne!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I'm in desperate need of employment I'm happy doing anything, I have mainly had a trade background but am a quick learner

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pixiekaram

No I can't sorry.

I could consider it if I was in Melbourne and I was looking for people to work for me

edit on 1.4.11 by iamaperson because: got the locations wrong, never the less, I'm not there

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

This may be out of your comfort zone, but come over to WA in May and you've got a job.

Second line: I guess U2U me if you want to know more.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I've been looking for work for 6 months..

The attitude of many employers is dire right now.
Of all the jobs I have applied for, be it full time or part time, I am yet to receive even one letter or call to say my application was not succesful.. I've not been offered one interview. i am constantly chasing feedback form jobs that i have applied for only to be put through to answer phones.

Yet the local job centre tries to make it look as though it is me that is not doing enough or doing things wrong.

There is something bad going on that we do not completely recognise yet.

I can only guess at what is happening.. for example there is now a 20% VAT rate in the UK...up from 17.5%.. the highest ever..
www.bbc.co.uk...

Then when you look at certain other threads from ATS you start to wonder how deep this hole goes..
www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=646170
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yesterday i bought some bread... four loaves of it at 10 pence each.. I saved roughly 4 pounds (GBP) on the normal price.. they were going to be thrown out, but it just shows how much a major store needs to make some form of sale... in the same shop I saved myself 10 pounds on two joints of meat. I can get 4 meals out of these two joints.. they were half price..

What with the extreme weather currently affecting the world, snow storms in Europe and the US and flooding in australia, a lo of people and businesses are going to be hit hard..

I often wonder if all these things are linked.. some might suggest HAARP is hard at work.. and what with the rich lining their own pockets in order to control the poor more easily (fed reserve/banker type issues) someone, somewhere must surely know exactly what is happening and why..

I am carefully watching the news and reading the net in order to try and keep on top of world issues... just in case a bug out bag needs to be slung on my back

I can only wish you good luck in your search for work as you, I and many many others are in dire need of something to change.. for the better, we hope..

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
If you're willing to work in the agricultural industry here in Oz, you can look forward to making around 29 -30 per hour. That's about $29 p.h (US) and 18.74 p.h in UK money. It's hard work, but worth it in the end. Accommodation on site. And we're screaming out for workers!
edit on 4-1-2011 by shamus78 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Im in the same position buddy up in Northern Victoria. There are jobs always advertised but for some reason I never get a response especially when applying online. The only time I did get a response was from Melbourne, but I didnt have my car licence and there was no public transport to the job site so I had to knock it back.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

Are you serious? do you need qualifications etc? I have always wanted to move to WA being a West Coast supporter.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

A general rule is - Face-to-face, or it doesn't matter. I can't count the number of times people have emailed me for a job and not shown up.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Vineyard work?

Are you short of workers are you?

Perhaps the OP could search for fruit picking work in vic too...:

Helpful link:

Harvest Trail

edit on 4/1/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
It sure would be nice to have some English speaking people for a change

Harvest Trail is awesome, but vineyard work is better, easier on the body, longer lasting and with the opportunity to continue work. Like I did. Oh, so many years ago....

Money wise this is what I've learned (thru personal experience):
1.Vineyard - long season, can continue working thru the year
2.Cherrys - short season, great money
3. Nectarines/peaches - ok for length, depends on the year
4. Apples - long season, ok money. Thinning is a better job.
5. Tomatoes - horrible work, not much money
Do not pick any root-based veges. They suck.
edit on 4-1-2011 by shamus78 because: I guess I added stuff

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Well say if I did end up over in the west how would I get in contact with you for work?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

I never got into viticulture, I took a less specific path and got my trade in landscaping and horticulture instead.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamus78
It sure would be nice to have some English speaking people for a change

Harvest Trail is awesome, but vineyard work is better, easier on the body, longer lasting and with the opportunity to continue work. Like I did. Oh, so many years ago....

Do you need some Dutch mixed in the company. Maybe expand to the Euro zone??
I am in need of an job too.

Maybe all of us unemployed people should bundle their strengths and wisdom to create a international business??
We have potential enough, time enough, money enough , so the only limit is your mind.

My mom's is going to start an company, maybe we should make it international. Like freelance store's overseas?

Just an idea

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Anyone, send me a U2U, and we'll talk.

Thanks Shane

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Excellent thread, and bravo for your approach. I spent the last nine months working in the staffing industry and am also currently looking for new job opportunities. Working from both sides of the board it is easy to see there are many problems with various employment agencies. And the jobs that are publicly advertised are usually swamped with applicants. One position i recently applied to received over 400 resumes, they did 30 phone screens and 5 in-person interviews. Despite meeting and exceeding every qualification I didn't even make the cut for the phone interviews.

My advice to anyone seeking employment would be to use alternative approaches, network! Talk to friends, neighbors, people you know through different groups, online communities like ATS.

top topics

join