It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Friends Lists....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Boy I miss the old "ATS Issues" Thread. I feel silly making a new thread just to ask a question.

Nonetheless.

I've added a couple of peeps to my friends list today, and notice they show up on my list of added friends,
but not on their list.

Anybody else noticed this? Or is it just me?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Seconded. I really miss the ATS Issues Thread too! Vote for a 2011 version, please!

As to your question - It's not an automatic two-way street. You can add friends/rivals and they will show up on your list but your actions (the add) doesn't effect their list. The person you added, will also have to add you.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

If they don't add you, then you won't appear on their profile page, under "my friends"
But if you add them, then you should appear under their "people who have added me" page.
How else will they know you have added them as a friend? I check mine once in a while........

To vote for 2011 ISSUES THREAD. Check!
edit on 1/3/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Ah. gotcha. I misunderstood. I've also noticed that glitch recently... It's not adding your name to their (Friends) list (the link in the profile) when you add them to yours.

edit on 3-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

If you go to a member's profile, it only lists the members who that member has friended.

If you hit the "friends" tab at the top of their profile, you go to threads by their friends and there is a list of people who have freinded them on the left hand side.

The new ATS 2010 made some cool changes but, in other areas, they just made things WAY to complicated. I liked seeing both lists right on my profile the way they had it before the changes.

ETA: I added you to my friends list and it doesn't show up on your profile yet. Maybe it takes a while to show up on ATS's servers or it's probably another glitch.

edit on 1/3/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Okay, good then, it's not just me. Hopefully the glitch will be repaired.

2011 Issues Thread

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

If you hit the "friends" tab at the top of their profile, you go to threads by their friends and there is a list of people who have freinded them on the left hand side.

But it's not adding them now.

Go see FA.........test it.

Edit: Okay, I added you too, and you show up on my list, but your list doesn't reflect that I have friended you.
Maybe it is delayed. We'll see.

Mods?

edit on 1/3/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Redundant post

edit on 3-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Yep, its still not on the friends page of your profile.

Must be another ATS glitch.

All hail change.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I edited my post above to you. Not sure if you saw it. Anyway, I've noticed that some things are a little delayed. Maybe it will be there by mornin'. lol.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Am I the only one who's noticed that the Mods don't show up in this type of thread anymore with the answers?

Either the ownership isn't keeping them in the loop and they don't know, or ATS is getting more secretive about its policies.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I noticed when you visit a thread with a post from one of your friends in it, you don't get that Your Friend Alert on their post. Or is that just me?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Nope, not just you. That has been discontinued.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm certain this thing with the friends list is not intentional.........it's just a glitch, I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Thank You Very Much for the reply.

I miss that feature.

I also miss the feature you're discussing also. Why all the changes for us so late in our life,,,, oops Maybe the wrong thread for that question

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
It's happening to me too and vice versa (I appear on their friends list but on the list stating those that have friended me..they're not appearing.)

Weird.

I'm sure the mods will sort this glitch out soon enough

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
Am I the only one who's noticed that the Mods don't show up in this type of thread anymore with the answers?
Either the ownership isn't keeping them in the loop and they don't know, or ATS is getting more secretive about its policies.
It looks like a confirmed glitch, so I don't know why the mods would know any more than we know.

This type of issue seems to be more within skeptic overlord's realm than the mod's realm, as he's the one who usually responded to this type of coding issue in the ATS issues thread.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Okay here you go. Friends are overrated unless you're getting ready to move. Just ignore it.

Actually, I have no idea. No secrets, just no ready answers. Priorities for SO means not every gremlin will be addressed in a timely fashion.

And that's all I got.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I did read (somewhere around here) that various features were being turned on and off do to various issues currently being worked on (i.e. the welcome notice) and presumed it was also true for the (friends/rivals) indicator. Glitches are to be expected and I guess the best advice is to just "go with the flow" else the little distractions of features appearing/disappearing/re-appearing becomes a bit compulsive.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Not being a programmer I'll admit I don't have a good sense of the complexities of making the kind of changes SO has brought about and then make them all function together. The amount of testing, on/off, here/gone kind of stuff there is, is surprising.

The only thing I fault SO for is not giving us a heads up when something is about to happen or get reversed, unless he actually wants to get our raw reactions. I suppose that in itself is good feedback.

But still, just a brief little notice, banner or blob somewhere would be nice; otherwise some of us old foggies are just left scratching our heads trying to keep up with it all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join