It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe, Japan to cancel grain contracts with Australia due to GMO contamination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
From this link- www.naturalnews.com...

"(NaturalNews) Australia is playing with fire by relaxing its standards on genetically-modified organisms (GMO). According to a recent report in The Australian, both Europe and Japan may cancel their non-GMO grain contracts with Australian growers because of GM contamination, including the recent case of Steve Marsh who lost his organic certification due to GM canola invading his fields.."

Link source on the natural news page- www.theaustralian.com.au...

So nice to be able to print good news regarding the lack of support for GMO foods. Another nail for your coffin Monsanto. The world doesn't want your trash!

Troy

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The world doesn't want it, but we know from the Wikileaks cables that Uncle Sam is going to connive, corrupt, and hold them down and make them take it or starve.

I don't think we can ever get too smug in this struggle against Monsanto. We can try to educate people, but I don't know if that's going to happen fast enough, especially with the media blackout.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I know, they'll try to cram it down our throats. That's the thing about life. We do not have to accept other people's plans for us. We've all got to be leaders to some degree. And, we should all continue to work to get the truth out there. We absolutely can win this battle, and it is our best interests to do so.

Troy

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: I live in Canberra Australia, The Capitol! I will be paying The Dept. of Agriculture and Fisheries A PERSONAL VISIT ... because Struth and Freaking Vegemite OL is so
that I want to talk DIRECTLY FACE TO FACE with who ever is the current Minister! This is [expletive deleted prior to posting by the author]!!! AND IT STOPS NOW! Enuff is FREAKING Enuff FFS! Bloody Oath!

P.S. Bumped for JUSTICE!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

"European consumers remain resolutely opposed to genetically modified crops, and as European importers we must remain responsive to the needs of our customers," the importers wrote in a letter obtained by The Australian yesterday.

Therein lies the answer to it all really.
Australia has been pretty quiet on the issue and hasn't kicked up enough of a stink.
But it's good to see some states like South Australia are GMO free.
I'll be looking for products grown and processed from there next time I shop.

I feel sorry for the farmer who lost his organic license due to cross contamination with GMO.
I hope he sues.
And it serves us right if we do lose contracts due to this.
It's way too important when it involves peoples food supply.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I hope he does sue. Monsanto is such a disease. It's like that festering boil on the cheek of your rump.

I wish I could say that we didn't have GMOs in the USA. I guess we are the home of Monsanto. Something I can be proud of.
The Monsanto site makes everything look so nice. Maybe they should post some pictures of their agents going onto farmers' land trying to file suit. The site makes it look like they love farmers. What a riot!

The only way to look at it, is we're going to beat these guys. We simply can't think otherwise. The cat is already out of the bag, it's just a matter of flooding the public with the truth, until we reach the tipping point. They thought they could commit the crime and not leave some "legs sticking out of the graves and footprints leading to the crime scene."

Troy

edit on 4-1-2011 by cybertroy because: needed to put some more stuff in there

edit on 4-1-2011 by cybertroy because: thought of something

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by cybertroy

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: I live in Canberra Australia, The Capitol! I will be paying The Dept. of Agriculture and Fisheries A PERSONAL VISIT ... because Struth and Freaking Vegemite OL is so
that I want to talk DIRECTLY FACE TO FACE with who ever is the current Minister! This is [expletive deleted prior to posting by the author]!!! AND IT STOPS NOW! Enuff is FREAKING Enuff FFS! Bloody Oath!

P.S. Bumped for JUSTICE!

Good deal my brother from another country!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Thanks a lot, I've just forwarded this around to many people including ones based in Aus

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Sweet, it's always good to get out the good news. I'm just glad all news isn't bad news.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Im not really against GMO in the sense i don't believe it is a detriment to your health, im more against the business practices and damage it does to the environment. If those two things could be tackled i would happy.

edit on 6-1-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Your right on the money on the business practices and the environmental risk.

But, you might want to research more on GMOs. If the product is resistant to round up, do you think there might be a potential that the product might not be recognized as food by your body? Tomatoes that resist decomposition, what do you think something like that might do in your gut? How about allergies? Seem like a heck of a lot of people are developing food allergies these days. GMOs might be a part of that, in addition to the freakin' pesticides.

And, you did mention environmental risk, if it's toxic for the environment, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to suspect that it's probably not good for your body.

I'm not putting you down, I just think you might want to put in a little more study on the matter, and look a the GMO process a little more closely. Plenty of videos out there about it. Look at how they had to go about things to make the GMO plant. And once you put something out there like this GMO corn, it has the potential of infecting otherwise natural, and "known safe" corn. It's hard to take back this creation, because of pollination. We don't completely know all the long term affects, yet this stuff is thrown out into the environment without regard for safety or health. Monsanto just keeps making cash, and stepping on the small farmer.

Troy

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I saw on the Tv tonight (during the ad break) that Australia will be the first country to allow GMO crops... is there any truth to this?

If so, then it's official. Australia has become the guinea pig for TPTB.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
I hope he does sue. Monsanto is such a disease. It's like that festering boil on the cheek of your rump.

I wish I could say that we didn't have GMOs in the USA. I guess we are the home of Monsanto. Something I can be proud of.
The Monsanto site makes everything look so nice. Maybe they should post some pictures of their agents going onto farmers' land trying to file suit. The site makes it look like they love farmers. What a riot!

The only way to look at it, is we're going to beat these guys. We simply can't think otherwise. The cat is already out of the bag, it's just a matter of flooding the public with the truth, until we reach the tipping point. They thought they could commit the crime and not leave some "legs sticking out of the graves and footprints leading to the crime scene."

Troy

edit on 4-1-2011 by cybertroy because: needed to put some more stuff in there

edit on 4-1-2011 by cybertroy because: thought of something

I want this to be true soooo badly. But seriously, look at us. You think 95% of Americans with kids even care the sugar they're feeding their kids is probably GMO? Or that the chicken nugget was made from a GMO-corn-eating-halfchicken (halfchicken because heck, if you chopped my nose off and stuffed me in a 8x8 cage with 22 other humans it would take me precisely 3 hours before I was no longer technically a human being)? If they cared, then they'd have to read, research, cook and possibly garden. Look at us. Monsanto was founded on the mothership.

I often wonder if there truly is a depopulation agenda, and the ones who figure out what's safe to eat get to live.
edit on 8/4/2011 by chasingbrahman because: to add further optimism

But I hear what you're saying - I don't mean to come off as a "down with your hope" contributor. I want it to be true.
edit on 8/4/2011 by chasingbrahman because: fear cybertroy may refer me for depression counseling

top topics

join