It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeopardy Winner: Smart guy, or good cheater?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The guy is "quick on the trigger." I theorize the producers have rigged his apparatus to block-out the other two, knowing he's very good at trivia. When he rings in with a correct answer at the start of the round his gizmo is activated to be first to register when he depresses it, regardless of whether he's first to depress the button.

Sure, he's quite the whip at trivia, but it's all a matter of ratings, and the technology being used to this end disallows detection, (unlike The 64 Thousand Dollar Question of much earlier times). The lock for King World is: even the contestant is oblivious to the trick.

[Edited on 28-8-2004 by Jack Martin]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I'm supposing your talking about Ken Jennings, and yes he has surpased a million dollars.

How about memorizing the capital of countries, the US presidents and state capitals. The show then becomes a lot easier for some strange reason.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
I'm supposing your talking about Ken Jennings, and yes he has surpased a million dollars.

How about memorizing the capital of countries, the US presidents and state capitals. The show then becomes a lot easier for some strange reason.

S-u-r-p-a-s-s-e-d

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The guy is a morman, it HAS to be real

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Ken is over 2 million now. But I have heard that he does lose. Somewhere around his 75 game, he is beaten. He is supposed to take home around 2.5 million.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join