It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have lost all hope in Humankind......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Well, it has to be said, I didn't want to post this on the main boards at ATS.

I feel really sad, i just watched some footage that i had managed to miss on the news a few months ago (and I haven't been a regular on ATS for quite some time.)

Footage of US helicopter pilots blowing away innocents, 2 Reuters reporters included, one when he was crawling across the ground mortally wounded. They shot all of them with 35 mm hollow rounds (usually used for taking down armoured vehicles, so imagine what they done to a human frame!)

It really really made me think, what if that was me? and my family?

Doesn't the thought fill you with dread, despair, and sadness?

I was literally lost for words, I won't repost the news report, as I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Smugallo

Lost hope with every living breathing person on the planet ay? That would even mean your personal family & friends!

The incident you refer to was a terrible tragic accident that is regrettable but by no means detracts from the overall effort in Iraq! After all it is a war & accidents do happen. its sad but it is a fact!

If things like this worry you so much maybe you should not look & just look to to your own family & friends!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
You are getting to where the need to practice equanimity starts, to see everything that goes on in the world around you but not allowing yourself to be Effected by any of it.

That may sound hard-hearted to some, but it is the only way to insure you make it each day as the madness increases in the world.

It also allows you to understand that despite what we think, everything is as it needs to be for now, until human beings are finished with the mindset of "Might is Right"... which will reach it's natural conclusion soon enough at the rate we are going.

If you NEED faith in any human being.. then make it having Faith in Yourself so that you grow stronger and clearer as we venture into mad-darkness ahead.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Really nothing has changed over the centuries during war. Atrocities happen on all sides and we're no better than anyone else.

Gruesome, bloody, terrible things happen that don't need to happen but they have always happened. With technology today we just get to see it more.

1400's - Vlad III, Prince of Wallachia: Impalement was Vlad's preferred method of torture and execution. His method of torture was a horse attached to each of the victim's legs as a sharpened stake was gradually forced into the body. Death by impalement was slow and agonizing. Victims sometimes endured for hours or even days.

Nazi's baked people in ovens & killed 12 MILLION people

Mao Ze-Dong (China, 1958-61 and 1966-69) killed an estimated 49-78 MILLION people

top topics

join