It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gazan youth issue manifesto to vent their anger with all sides in the conflict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Gazan youth issue manifesto to vent their anger with all sides in the conflict

www.guardian.co.uk

"Here in Gaza we are scared of being incarcerated, interrogated, hit, tortured, bombed, killed," reads the extraordinary document. "We are afraid of living, because every single step we take has to be considered and well-thought, there are limitations everywhere, we cannot move as we want, say what we want, do what we want, sometimes we even can't think what we want because the occupation has occupied our brains and hearts so terrible that it hurts and it makes us want to shed endless tears of frustration and rage!"

The text ends with a triple demand: "We want three things. We want to
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Sheesh...

This is a rare look into this region where focus is not merely on the conflict between Israel and Palestine, but also actually WITHIN palestinian circles, in the form of an iron fist from HAMAS, handed down to it's own people.

It is truly sad that any youth of today should have to grow up in such an endlessly repressive and volatile environment. They have so little hope, as they are literally getting hammered from all sides, even from within their own circles. And they are not even allowed to escape!

I don't believe in hell, but if there truly is such a place, I would imagine it not to be far off from this...

Sigh.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Finally..yes!
This is so good to hear.
Good on these kids..I hope they shame the adults on all sides into seeing themselves for what they are and have become.
The best thing that can happen here is all children and young people from the entire region take back their lives and join together as one force.

they dont realise it yet..but they ARE the hope they are seeking.

R

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Star and Flag!

This is what's needed and what is, IMO, inevitable. There is a revolutionary spirit rousing around the world. More and more young people are seeing through the divisive BS of religion and politics and they are very, very angry.

Good.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Two sides to the story

Most frustration of Palestinian youth is directed towards Israel.

The frustration which is directed towards the Palestinian resistance is very small, that is due to perspective, and reality I suspect.

You try living as a Palestinian youth under Zionist (Israel) rule, occupation and the Apartheid system (called by UN).

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
They brought much of it upon themselves with the election of Hamas. Did they really expect a terrorist organization to bring about better relations with Israel? Let's be real here. They need to reject hamas and fatah imo. They need to elect non-terrorists as leaders. Stop the suicide attacks, stop the rocket attacks; then see what happens.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
There will be peace when they renounce antisemetism, accept that Israel has a right to the land, and apologise for the continued, unprovoked rocket attacks. Exiling Hamas/PLO/Hizbollah and any other antisemetic, terror organisation will also help.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Constantlysilenced
There will be peace when they renounce antisemetism, accept that Israel has a right to the land, and apologise for the continued, unprovoked rocket attacks. Exiling Hamas/PLO/Hizbollah and any other antisemetic, terror organisation will also help.

You do realise that a lot of the areas of Palestine were actually claimed by Israel because of Israeli terrorism, right? I know off the top of my head of at least 2 Israeli prime ministers who were leaders of Irgun, a zionist terrorist organisation. At the time Menachem Begin was leader of Irgun, his organisation bombed the King David Hotel- in 1946- and killed 90 odd innocent people. Also, look up David Ben-Gurion- both of these men were leaders of terrorist organisations and lead Israel afterwards. The whole thing is so hypocritical.

Israel even celebrated the bombing of the hotel not long ago and made a plaque commemorating the Irgun for them:
www.timesonline.co.uk...

But, it is good that people are at least trying to end the hatred, an eye for an eye leaves you both blind and all. It's highly doubtful that there will ever be peace, until one side is destroyed. Paints a sad picture of humanity

edit on 3-1-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
It's sad to hear. But rest assured, once the palistines give up, Isreal will then finish ethnicly cleansing them. These kids will get a wake up call when thier land is still stolen from them despite all future peaceful attempts at coexistance.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
despite all future peaceful attempts at coexistance.
LOL. Any attempts at peaceful coexistence would have to be future. There certainly have been none in the past.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

"# Hamas..." begins the text. "# Israel. # Fatah. # UN. # UNWRA. # USA!

"Politics is bollocks, it is screwing our lives up,"

I could not agree more.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lurkee

"In Gaza, you feel watched at school, in the streets, everywhere. You can be thrown into jail at any time. [Hamas] will threaten you with ruining your family reputation and that would be it."

The "last straw" for the writers of the Gaza manifesto came a month ago, when Hamas closed Sharek, an internationally financed organisation offering training and summer activities for thousands of adolescents and young people. Sharek had also became a hang-out place for the more liberal-minded in Gaza. Human Rights Watch recently issued a statement condemning its closure.

Believe what you want, just don't pretend like your beliefs are fact when the text clearly contradicts.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Right, because these students were totally of voting age when Hamas was elected.

If you had taken the time to read the article (which you clearly didn't), the manifesto literally begins with the words, "F*** Hamas."

Nice try, but you fail.

edit on 3-1-2011 by pr3l33t because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2011 by pr3l33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Most frustration of Palestinian youth is directed towards Israel.

My belief and my opinion

Yes, the above is my belief. I never stated that the youth in the OP did not focus their frustration towards Gaza, I said a small minority do, but a huge majority focus their frustration towards Zionist (Israel).

I'm not saying my claim is a fact, it is my opinion derived from relevant knowledge, for example - Hamas was voted in Democratically -, shows their popularity.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ScepticalBeliever

Skeptical, it would be really useful if you read actual history and decided to lay off the propaganda sites for a while.

Israel is NOT claiming this territory because of earlier terrorism.

Go BACK to the founding of Israel. A coalition of Arab stated invaded to destroy the new nation, and got their butts kicked.

1967 - Again threatened by a coalition of Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Iraq, and funded by Saudi Arabia, they lined up to wipe them out again.

Israel won - WON that territory by once again, slaughtering their attackers.

That Palestine you're talking about? It wasn't Palestine then. It was Jordan. The portion of Jordan that was lost somehow is now mysteriously called Palestine.

Which technically, is Israeli territory.

If these Jordanians don't like Israeli government, they should pack up and go to Jordan once again.

Face it. These former Jordanians are just miserable, love their misery, and want to perpetuate that misery, even upon their own youth.

Brilliant.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Well it's a step in the right direction but they still arent criticising some sides and there's clearly still bias in their words

but this could be the start

new topics

top topics

join