It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Security Guards Withdrew One Hour Before Church Blast, Say Eyewitnesses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Egyptian Security Guards Withdrew One Hour Before Church Blast, Say Eyewitnesses

www.aina.org

Eyewitnesses confirmed that security forces guarding the church withdrew nearly one hour before the blast, leaving only four policemen and an officer to guard such a big church and nearly 2000 people attending the midnight mass. "Normally they would have waited until the mass was over," said el-Gezeiry. He also commented on the Muslim's schadenfreude at the massacre at the church, who were heard chanting "Allah Akbar."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It seems like more and more Islamic countries are backing the extremists? How long can it be before the countries in the west, and non Islamic religious groups see that this is a increasingly organised attack bu Islamic states targeting not only non Islamic states but religious groups as well? And is it not about time western countries started to organise themselves to counter this threat, not only from these Islamic countries but also from the "enemy within" that have immigrated to our countries over the past decades?

www.aina.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot

It seems like more and more Islamic countries are backing the extremists?

No it seems like more and more islamic states are being penetrated by external agencies in order to carry out false-flag attacks.This church attack was to remind everyone that the 'war on terror' is not over yet and 2011 will be full of surprises, maybe a new war like an attack on Iran?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
From reading the article, it does appear as if the Egyptian State Security was involved. Either implicitly, or allowed it to happen by turning a blind eye. The security guards were most likely Muslim and received a tip to get out of there. It does seem very suspicious the Egyptian Interior Minister immediately tried to blame outside foreign terrorists groups. Really bizarre they'd name Mossad as a suspect. Give me a break. Israel does a lot of bad things, but I think its moronic to think they'd do something like this.

I feel really bad for the Christian minority in Islamic countries. Egypt was traditionally viewed as one of the more "enlightened" countries in that part of the world, but I recently read an article concerning how Egyptian intellectuals are fed up with their country's decent into madness, and how Qatar and UAE are becoming more the liberal area in the Middle East.

I remember not long ago, a group of tourists were killed right outside one of the pyramids in the Valley of the Kings.

I've always wanted to visit Egypt, but with all of the unrest in the last 5-10 years, I don't think I'd feel safe there.

Maybe the UN should carve out a chunk of land as a home country for Arab Christians.
I knew a Jordanian Christian family from Amman. They were very prejudiced against Jews, but hated Muslims ever more.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by forklift
No it seems like more and more islamic states are being penetrated by external agencies in order to carry out false-flag attacks.This church attack was to remind everyone that the 'war on terror' is not over yet and 2011 will be full of surprises, maybe a new war like an attack on Iran?

They are being penetrated by extremists, but I don't think they are necessarily external forces.
Sometimes a cigar is a cigar. I don't think this was a false flag operation. It seems pretty clear to me, radical Islamic terrorists were behind the attack.

Its really disgusting the Egyptian Muslims were taunting the victims and surviving Christians right after the attack.
But sometimes tells me we aren't going to see mysterious car bombs blowing up outside of Muslim Mosques as revenge. I'm no religious expert, but radical Islam does seem to have a unique thirst for blood. Culture of death indeed.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
and how Qatar and UAE are becoming more the liberal area in the Middle East.

Not sure i would describe any middle eastern/Islamic country as liberal TBH, if you do some digging the majority of middle eastern countries probably have links in one way or another to extremism?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Liberal in a relative sense. Going back to antiquity, Egypt was once a great civilization and center of learning. Alexandria had the best library in the world. Places like Bahrain, Qatar, and Dubai are definitely more tolerant and "westernized" than places like Saudi Arabia or Yemen.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by forklift

Originally posted by forklift

Originally posted by solidshot

It seems like more and more Islamic countries are backing the extremists?

I would tend to agree. Since when does a couple of low level "security guards" represent an entire nation or government?

If 9/11 was an inside job, is it our position that the entire government was involved or is it more likely that compartmentalized areas within our government were involved...

ATS's motto: "deny ignorance".

In reality, I'm a bit surprised to find that many ATS members advocate the government and corporate media mantras...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
As i am a frequent visitor to Egypt i can say that the mixed religion aspect of the country lives very well and that the people have really no hostility towards Christians. It is but those uneducated or those who simply have been brainwashed in believing that strapping a belt or using a vehicle or anything that remotely represents a western style of fundamentals is what normally is being targeted. Sadly and once again, innocent people are being targeted.

I wonder what would happen if such a devise was to be detonated within Mecca ?

top topics

join