It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Talk: Altered States of mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I've been thinking about this for quite a while, theres so much energy given off between two magnets when they are repelling each other, you would need a pretty powerful magnet to go right through your head to repel the other magnet but surely the forces would do something, anyone got a collection powerful enough magnet to try this, I want results people.

Cheers.
edit on 1-1-2011 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

I was a little bit confused by your post, at first, only because of how weird it sounded. However after a couple of google searches I found some articles about people using magnets to heal the body or to relieve pain within the body. And some believes it helps with blood circulation and oxygenation. So to do this to the mind may have beneficial results. As far as altering your state of mind I have no clue if magnets would help you achieve that. However it would increase blood circulation and could probably help with certain disorders or with memory and the like.
edit on 1-1-2011 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
2 very strong magnets on the side of your head? mate i would not try this

This could go very wrong. Maybe the idea has good benefits when used on small scale...big, not so good

If you do try, make sure you get them the correct way round

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
A magnet induced trip...

You may be onto something.

Find a way to pull '___' from the pineal gland! lol

Edit to add... SHARE IT WITH THE WORLD if you do

edit on 1-1-2011 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

You are right, there is danger involved.

However Dr. Rick Strassman was able to give patients '___' IV's at the University of New Mexico which can't be too safe either. lol

Most spoke with beings from other dimensions, and some they thought would never come back from their trip as they feel like months or years but take mere minutes, like less than 15!

Also zero side effects have been found, as it's a chemical our body produces and uses near death and during R.E.M. sleep to dream.

It's when you enter the dream world awake that the fun happens

Most powerful hallucinogen known to man, and everyone's carrying it.

Read "The Spirit Molecule" for help with what parts of the brain you need to focus on for intense trips!!!

Anyone interested there are PLENTY of YouTube videos if you Google his name or book.
edit on 1-1-2011 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

I'll tell you something right now.

'___' is out of this world when hit through a bong.

OH MY DAYS.

Makes '___' look like a childs toy.

Not that I've ever taken part in any illicit activities.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Wouldn't it provoke some response towards (receptors) or anything else. just think that you can move a paper clip thats on the other side of a piece of paper so it must have some influence on the brain if there is energy passing from one side to the other. Your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
aparently strong magnets are not needed.

Check out this lecture:
www.esoterictube.com...
By Dr. Michael Persinger

Here is copy from the video description

"During the 1980s Persinger stimulated people’s temporal lobes artificially with a weak magnetic field to see if he could induce a religious state (see God helmet). He found that the field could produce the sensation of “an ethereal presence in the room”. "

I have not read anything of this guy beyond this video. Seems interesting, but the helmet looks a bit awkward.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
They sell industrial magnets, they are called Neodymium. If you are going to experiment with that, I recommend you build some kind of device that can hold each magnet firmly in place (because when they get close to each other, even near the head, they will flip around and then try and connect. Probably, some kind of clamp or welding. Alternativley you can create a large electromagnet, and place various connectors around your body, to try and get an electromagnetic field to run through your body. It would take much experimentation, read up on ideas about the human nervous system and the brains own electric field. And also it would be a good idea to start with small magnets and work your way up to the bigger ones, as they can be quite dangerous. If you really want to experiment you also need to find out all the kinds of natural brain chemicals, and if they are activated by different electric/magnetic fields. This would probably be the case, as we all produce a unique resonance within our bodies, that translate into the chemicals produced by the body. Ideally it would be an electromagnetic resonance frequency, and there are some resonance generators that you can buy or make at home.
edit on 4-1-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join